Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 20:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qAnand View Post
Thanks for the inputs. I heard that Steering in Honda City too is Hydraulic Powered (correct me if i am wrong).

One more advice required on Linea Diesel, the guy in the showroom says I need to start the engine daily and keep it started for 10 mins(even if I am not using),.
So is this requirement specific to fiat? What about Linea Braking (the car I am looking for has ABS option). The swift (without ABS) I am using has perfect Brakes and it has never let me down.

Regards,
qARS

The steering in the Honda City is an EPS: :: Honda City ::

The guy in the showroom must be barking mad or he meant to say something else or else he was a truck driver in the 1970's . There is no need to do that with any car.

The Linea has superlative brakes, but it is important to go for the ABS. it truly is worth it.
Old 7th July 2010, 02:48   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

@qAnand:
Do check the Fiesta 1.6 P out. I am quite sure you will love it.
As a drivers car, there is nothing better in that price range.

We were in a similar dilemma, and were considering replacing our Fiesta. We looked at all the cars, ranging from hatches like the i10, i20, Jazz, Punto, Figo, to sedans like the Verna, ANHC, and Linea.
At the end of the day, for ease of driving, superb handling, good stability, and VFM, nothing came close to the fiesta.
However, in the sedan category, the ANHC did impress me, with its interiors (though there are lots of cheap bits around), space, and driveability. The only thing bothering me was the price, which was working out close to 11.5L for the A/T co. regd car. Almost 3L more than the top of the line fiesta!
Old 7th July 2010, 03:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@qAnand:

We were in a similar dilemma, and were considering replacing our Fiesta. We looked at all the cars, ranging from hatches like the i10, i20, Jazz, Punto, Figo, to sedans like the Verna, ANHC, and Linea.
At the end of the day, for ease of driving, superb handling, good stability, and VFM, nothing came close to the fiesta.
However, in the sedan category, the ANHC did impress me, with its interiors (though there are lots of cheap bits around), space, and driveability. The only thing bothering me was the price, which was working out close to 11.5L for the A/T co. regd car. Almost 3L more than the top of the line fiesta!
I think the driveablity of City is not that good when compared to Fiesta. I have both and i can tell the diffrence between them. Fiesta is like a solid rock on the road on high speeds,whereas City is like a plastic flowting on the road. But then thats me.
Old 7th July 2010, 03:46   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Nitin,
By driveability, I was referring to the performance.
I felt that the ANHC petrol was quicker of the mark, however in reality, the Fiesta D is quite capable with the engine on the boil.
I guess it is just the engine growl and higher rev limit that make me feel that way. Heck, I was impressed by the Punto 1.2, even though I know the fiesta D is much faster.

As for stability, the fiesta is leagues ahead with its perfectly weighted steering. I even mentioned that nothing comes close to the fiesta in terms of stability and handling in its price range.
Old 7th July 2010, 03:55   #20
BHPian

First of all it would help if you listed your priorities in terms of what you want from the car. Also is your running high enough to consider a diesel?

In any case if you are looking for a car thats a hoot to drive the fiesta always puts a smile on your face, it's not very spacious or luxurious but its great car and quite reliable.
The city is a good car though you will be paying a premium for it and in the need you have to see if the extra money is worth it to you. (I somehow can't wrap my head around the fact that the city is at such a premium to the competition, but i guess many disagree)
Linea is a stable car and fiat it trying it's best to make amends and clear it's bad service history, but it wont give you the same adrenaline rush as the fiesta. Though there is a t-jet linea somewhere hidden at Fiat India and it should be coming pretty soon. Also it sure does look beautiful.
Also the vento seems to have pretty good engines and quality should be good but you'll have to wait till diwali to find out
Verna transform to me is like Frankenstein, it's alive but i rather be running away from it than towards it. You really don't want to be stuck with such an ugly car, i mean it is a decent car but nit's heart is not golden enough to justify the beastly exterior.
In the end, if you could, wait till diwali. You will get to choose from the vento and hopefully the linea t-jet. Two cars that will be far better than the transform and might just be better value than the city.
Old 7th July 2010, 08:39   #21
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest that you live with the current car or buy a good used car which you could trade in at a later date. 2011 has many new cars slated for launch, you could be spoilt for choice. The Verna 2011 looks mind blowing. The next year should be the year of the "C" segment.

Cheers

KPS
Old 7th July 2010, 08:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Take the ANHC whichever variant fits your budget, or like someone suggested the Ford Fiesta S. Both are 'better' options than the Verna right now. But if you absolutely have to go with a Verna, it is not a regrettable choice.
Old 7th July 2010, 09:21   #23
BHPian

Finally booked Linea Diesel Emotion Pack

I did try Fiesta, but I could not feel the comfort of Linea or ANHC (driver seats to be blamed).
ANHC was above the budget (my company was sponsoring the loan, and they were strict that it has to be below 10L, they told that I can't pay the difference from my pocket)

Diesel Linea (Emotion Pack) had all the required features of ANHC and lots of some additional features like Blue and Me, of course power was a compromise, but I felt power was not in my top priorities.

As everyone suggested, Verna Transform was a big NO because of missing Airbags, rear-seat space issue and missing audio controls on the steering (Fiesta too did not have audio controls on the steering. The sales man gave dump excuse that providing audio controls on the steering was prone to more accidents ), so I thought the best option with the limited budget was Linea and I went for it. Waiting period of 2 rare colors is 3 weeks and I have booked the "Fox Trot Azure" color (close to light blue).

Thank you for all the inputs.

qARS
Old 7th July 2010, 09:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

I would totally avoid the transform since Vento has now been unveiled and will be launched shortly. The chassis and dynamics arent just good enough for the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@qAnand:

After driving Figo for 1500 kms in the past 6 days I couldnt agree more. The steering is an absolute treat and weighs up perfectly to give you total control. The only concerns is that the steering isnt stable and moves laterally when going over bumps or undulation. I might be a problem with the car I was driving so would want to take the opinions of other bhpians.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th July 2010 at 00:48. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 7th July 2010, 12:50   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

City over the verna any day, the verna does not inspire confidence at high speeds, the city is not great but yet is better at high speeds, there is a 2L differential in the AT model pricing, but it is worth it, plus the better resale that you will get.

Alternatively a SH Accord 2.4 AT - 3 year vintage..
Old 13th July 2010, 13:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

After TD'ing SX4, Linea & Manza, Verna Transform was on my list since the family was not impressed with the earlier three. Unfortunately the car had not arrived in the show room till last week, but with the Vento being launched I have decided to wait for VW to unveil the price and have a TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I would totally avoid the transform since Vento has now been unveiled and will be launched shortly. The chassis and dynamics arent just good enough for the engine.

After driving Figo for 1500 kms in the past 6 days I couldnt agree more. The steering is an absolute treat and weighs up perfectly to give you total control. The only concerns is that the steering isnt stable and moves laterally when going over bumps or undulation. I might be a problem with the car I was driving so would want to take the opinions of other bhpians.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:24   #27
BHPian

Well the new transform is not much of a transformation. They completely spoiled the front and the back. Adds no value to the look of the car. If i was to own the company i would have sacked the whole team who were responsible for this ridiculous looking car.

May be once we get used to seeing it day in a out on our roads we might accept it.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:57   #28
BHPian

I agree with Visaster. The Verna Transform has got nothing great to talk about. And it does look a bit too small to be called a Sedan. I TD'ed it and found the rear comfort not very comforting.
Fiesta is a much better car though. Am now considering the Linea but its slighty over my budget. However, Linea is worth the money.
Old 18th August 2010, 01:10   #29
BHPian

Suggest you drop the idea of the hyundai verna unless you want good A.S.S. else i would recommend you look at th Sx4, ANHC or Vento depending on your budget and fuel preference

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks