Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2010, 14:18   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Used car value should be relative to what the Cruze costs today. If its close to 15 lakhs on the road in Delhi, a price of 10.5 - 11.0 (tops) is a deal for a 10,000 kms run car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
The resale value of CRUZE is pathetic. It (market value) won't be more than 10 lacs IMO. At least, that's how it would be in hyderabad.
I'm afraid your post is prematurely made. Firstly, its just about a year since the Cruze has been launched and there isn't a sample size large enough to make such a sweeping statement. Second, the Cruze is a popular C+ sedan; it's still the segment leader in terms of diesel. That clearly shows that the Cruze has gained market acceptability and has a ready following.

Cars that are failures in the new market almost inevitably are failures in the used market too (e.g. Optra).
Old 24th October 2010, 19:26   #17
BHPian

I Test drove Cruze today and nearly finalised it, just when my friend asked me to reconsider my decision. We went home and sat over a cup of tea and he showed his concern that My Ikon 1.6 bought for 7 lacs is not even fetching me a Lakh and similarly his Optra is getting him nothing in return, not even 2.75 lacs. He was trying hard to convince me for a Honda Civic (which I will not go for as its way too common). I am not sure of the Skoda A.S.S., do not trust them one bit after so many goof ups with so many people.

So the only option is Cruze (only LTZ, its being more loaded for less money). But what If I spend 15 lacs for it and it sells for mere 4-5 lacs a few years down the line being a Chevrolet. Successful Captiva with a potent diesel under the hood sells for undeserving prices (ref: Carwale). I guess it would be wise for me to wait till Next Calender year, the prices will further come down for the used Cruzes. And they may be I can hit a deal for 8.50-9.00 Lacs (I hope my assumption is right), Please guide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks