Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 19:13   #16
BHPian

Dear Mods,
Please close this thread. I have made my decision. Thanks.

Anil
Old 14th September 2011, 08:55   #17
BHPian

Re: Automatic Diesel Sedan Dilemma

Reopening the old thread,

What options do I have in a Diesel Automatic a Sedan/MUV under 10 - 11 Lakhs range OTR in Bangalore. I have a running of about 1500+ kms and frequently there are 5 people traveling with lots of luggage. Option of Hatchbacks is ruled out.
Old 14th September 2011, 11:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sorry but there is not option for a Diesel Sedan/MUV/SUV with a Autobox within 11L OTR in Blr. If you can slightly stretch your budget by 1-2L, then there is Verna AT (13.xxL) and Scorpio AT (13.xxL). If you are willing to look at MT or Petrol, there are a whole lot of options.
Old 15th September 2011, 09:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Why don't car manufacturer's in India understand Indian customers' needs? Today, to buy a diesel automatic, I have to look at what's available in Automatic & not vice versa where i select a car and then choose the AT variant. Secondly, AT should be provided across all trims. The Honda City, Civic & Altis, all have AT in the top end variants only. Why? Is it that only people who can afford to buy Automatics prefer the Top End only? Let the Indian customer get a chance to customize his car according to

The reasoning for providing AT only in the top end variants is that when a customer does not want to spend on the top end variant, he or she would not want to compromise on fuel economy either and MT definitely beats AT in fuel economy. And if you consider the offerings for most auto makers, petrol engine AT vehicles are more common than diesel engine AT vehicles, against with the perspective that if a customer is willing to compromise on the smooth running of a petrol then why would he or she spend on an AT? AT is so uncommon that dealers that provide MT vehicles with a week-long waiting period take a whole month to deliver an AT vehicle.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:08   #20
BHPian

Deepak,
If possible Wait. The new Skoda Rapid/Lauretta may come in auto diesel guise also, but may be higher than 11 Lakh.
Old 26th December 2011, 13:39   #21
BHPian

Give the new Skoda Rapid - Diesel Auto a shot. It's a nice car & will probably suit all your needs. Or you could look at the Skoda Laura as well but, it may be a slight stretch to your budget.
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Give the new Skoda Rapid - Diesel Auto a shot. It's a nice car & will probably suit all your needs. Or you could look at the Skoda Laura as well but, it may be a slight stretch to your budget.
The Rapid Diesel does'nt come in auto configeration. The only auto version is petrol engined.
Old 6th September 2012, 18:58   #23
BHPian

has anyone out here driven or got any reviews on the SX4 diesel?
Old 6th September 2012, 19:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papps View Post
has anyone out here driven or got any reviews on the SX4 diesel?
No SX4 diesel automatic available. I have, however, driven the petrol automatic and it is a decent buy. The 4-speed box does the job okay with the engine, but don't expect thrills.
Old 7th September 2012, 01:00   #25
BHPian

Not so crazy about the Scoripo - Looks like the Verna, unless I increase my budget so then should be between the Cruze vs Laura vs Jetta.. any other options in Automatic Diesel, man these car companies need to do something.. based on what I have been reading on the forums, lots of people are looking for a car like this and not too many options available...
Old 8th September 2012, 20:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papps View Post
Not so crazy about the Scoripo - Looks like the Verna, unless I increase my budget so then should be between the Cruze vs Laura vs Jetta.. any other options in Automatic Diesel, man these car companies need to do something.. based on what I have been reading on the forums, lots of people are looking for a car like this and not too many options available...
Even the Scorpio AT's production has been discontinued by Mahindra now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-stopped.html

The only choice you are stuck with in the C2 segment is the Verna Diesel AT now, @ ~12.5L OTR. The 4-speed box is sluggish and slow out of the blocks, but a decent in-city commuter. Plus it will come with all the bells and whistles of the Verna top-end variant.

I would suggest increasing the budget (if you can) and going for either the Cruze AT or the Jetta AT, if you want a decent performance-based car. Or else the Verna is good enough to satisfy all your in-city pottering requirements.
Old 9th September 2012, 09:25   #27
BHPian

thanks for all the help guys, after looking at all the prices and the money I would need to spend, I have realised the cheaper option would be to go for a petrol automatic, which I think I can manage within the 10-11L budget and have more options there to choose from, guess will spend the money I save on buying the car on the fuel.. anyways, going to look for the threads on the petrol automatic, thanks for all the help..
Old 18th May 2013, 21:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

LOL - Some things never change - There is still not a diesel automatic available under 10 lakhs with decent ride and handling

Was just reading this thread which is over 2 years old!!
Old 5th September 2014, 23:33   #29
BHPian

Hi

Any more options available apart from verna for diesel automatic sedan in 11-12L bracket now?
Old 6th September 2014, 09:37   #30
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
Hi

Any more options available apart from verna for diesel automatic sedan in 11-12L bracket now?
Unfortunately nothing else.

But it's almost () confirmed that Vento diesel with DSG is going to be launched. That's a car that'll be way better than the Verna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks