Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2005, 14:10   #16
BHPian

hmm, thanx for the comments guyz,

while my dad was going on a trip, a few days back, i handed him the Last months Autocar Magazine which covered the Laura Testdrive, and he was mighty impressed with all those features and the good testdrive report, and we have decided to go in for the Skoda Laura.

i know , spares are costly, but then we took a note of how many side mirrors and headlights/break lights/brakepads/clutch pad kits we have replaced so far, and its like hardly anything! for us, the only frequent maintainence is the painting of Bumpers as they keep getting scrapped very often, and that we get done thru a private garage.

for me, i pay around 1,000 to 1,500/- max for the full bumper paint for my Honda City as of now, that is using the Colors the Company uses. so aint much.

Now i got a doubt, which by mistake have asked in another page too,

I want to buy the car in JAN. and i heard the first few Lauras will come with 8 AIRBAGS instead of the standard 6. and also 12 Speaker system in place of the Standard 6. how far is this true?

also, we decided WHITE is the color to go, as with us, the car keeps getting scratches now n then on the sides, and bumpers keep getting repainted every 3-4 months! so White is the best and Easiest color to match with the previous color.

please give me ur advises on this. and do let me know more of the Laura, things i might have missed .

Thanx a lot guyz!
Old 31st December 2005, 16:34   #17
BHPian

Its still an octavia, just a new one at that. But for india its being re-branded as a new car. So inside space still will be an issue. At night time its very hard to sometimes tell the two apart, well happens sometimes in the day time too. So if all these factors work for you go ahead. At least it has sound german engineering and build quality backing it. Plus diesel is a bonus in todays day of rising fuel costs.
Old 31st December 2005, 19:00   #18
BHPian

[quote=Insane Devil]
while my dad was going on a trip, a few days back, i handed him the Last months Autocar Magazine which covered the Laura Testdrive, and he was mighty impressed with all those features and the good testdrive report, and we have decided to go in for the Skoda Laura.
[quote]

I too was extremely impressed after reading the dec ACI and i had made my mind to go for it but pal let me tell you IMHO its not as good as ACI stated ,somethings they ve written are totally S*** .. they mentioned the car has ample of interior space ,much bigger than the current octavia ,a proper D segment car and bla bla ......

[quote=Insane Devil]Please give me ur advises on this. [quote]

Do check out the car in person and if you feel you can live with the cramped interiorsn and if you feel its a VFM ,go for it .... Its one of those solid european cars that would give you years and years of happy motoring ...
Old 1st January 2006, 04:24   #19
BHPian

hey Beemer & Beeman, thanx for ur replies,

mite, today i drove teh SUPERB, and i fell in luv with the Automatic/Tiptronic, so now i want only a Diesel Automatic car. and abt picking up the Laura, well, i will be seeing it on Monday, so will post my comments as to how i feel about it on Monday evening or Tuesday. i have been reading here n there that the DSG Gearbox is very very good and is a great pleasure to drive. Secondly, i liked the Park Sensors too in the Laura, they actually have a good display of what is where.

Overall, i am planning to buy the Laura for its Diesel engine, its DSG Automatic gear box! its "More than the Octavia" interior space (guyz, i sat in the Octavia's rear for the first time today, and i felt it preety descent enough, it wasnt actually "cramped" but was adequate enough, could do with a bit more kinda) and all the other luxury features i am getting. also the 8 AIRBAGS! i will be picking up the car from the initial lot, so will be getting 8 airbags. The music system is 12 Speaker system by default, for future models too.
Old 3rd January 2006, 11:25   #20
BHPian

Well now the superb is actually its namesake. It is Superb!!. More space than a merc e class features rivalling the S class. I just loved it. I wished they had done something to distinguish it from the Skoda family though. But then thats just my two cents of wisdom.
Old 3rd January 2006, 17:08   #21
BHPian

well guyz! finally booked my Laura today! picking up a Black Color with Beige color Interiors.

Expected Delivery Date: 15th to 20th JAN.

I am picking up 2005 Manufacture model as this is what comes with the 8 AIRBAGS. The 2006 Manufacture vehicles will start coming in from around April, they say.

Showroom Price in HYD : 16,83,331/-
Insurance :ICICI Lombard: 48,300/-
Registration Charges: not sure yet.will check n tell later.

waiting desperately for it to come!

I thank all n all, and Team BHP for helping me in all ways it could.
Old 3rd January 2006, 17:31   #22
BHPian

Congrats Insane Devil! The first Tucson on TBHP and now the first Laura... not bad!
Old 3rd January 2006, 19:58   #23
BHPian

Congratulations dude. Waiting for the pics and your first hand review of the car.cheers!!!
Old 3rd January 2006, 21:15   #24
BANNED

Congratulations!!!

Way to go! Wishing you all the best!!
Old 4th January 2006, 08:15   #25
BHPian

Long term report on Tuscon

Hi Insane Devil, it would be great if you could post your feedback on your Tuscon post free-service and clocking some miles on it..
Old 4th January 2006, 08:51   #26
BHPian

hey Mohit, good to see u do remember the facts

thanx for the wishes, Mohit, Beeman, Boombastic, and Rangaraj.

I have posted the Review under the New Car Test Reviews. please do check that out .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...s-its-own.html

after i take a test drive of it - mostly on 7th, and after i get my car, around 16th, will again update the test drive topic.
Old 4th January 2006, 11:31   #27
BHPian

hey devil, all the best with your new girl - and take good care of her ...
Old 4th January 2006, 17:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

InsaneDevil
Congrats on the buy. Time for another Hyd tbhp meet....
Old 5th January 2006, 04:01   #29
BHPian

Congrats buddy , soon you 'll be the owner of your second (Fantastic) Diesel car ,first being the Tucson ,ofcourse !
Old 5th January 2006, 21:44   #30
BHPian

hahaa , thanx for that Beemer. The Tucson is rocking man! getting 8.5kmpl in my driving, but i drive it around as if i am driving a petrol sports car!

Satish Appasani: surely will do another HYD T-Bhp meet very soon, will bring along and introduce Laura to u.

n thanx goldie.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks