Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2006, 21:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

One lucky chap u are dude.... congrats for ur purchase!
Old 7th January 2006, 11:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
hahaa , thanx for that Beemer. The Tucson is rocking man! getting 8.5kmpl in my driving, but i drive it around as if i am driving a petrol sports car!

Satish Appasani: surely will do another HYD T-Bhp meet very soon, will bring along and introduce Laura to u.

n thanx goldie.
Correct me if iam wronf insane devil. Heard that the Tuscon is quite under-powered for its size.?? have a friend who owns one and has told me the same. He says that the tuscon is based on the elantra platform. If that is true then that is not such a good thing. SUV platforms are quite different from car ones. Anyone care to share any light on this subject???
Old 7th January 2006, 12:31   #33
BHPian

beeman, my man, the best is to call up ur local Hyundai dealer and take a Test drive of it. its awesome! u just have to know how to utilise the power.
the low end pickup is not good, which i have rectified to quiet a good extent by the K&N Filter.
Old 10th January 2006, 09:37   #34
BHPian

Hey all,

here r some hotrod pics of the new Skoda Laura:
out in the Europe, they have the Sedan, Estate and both do come in the RS too! the RS there comes with a differently styled front bumpers that look jus tooo good!

This is with Milotec's addon kits for the Laura, the headlight tops look nice! with the Chrome girlls
Old 10th January 2006, 09:40   #35
BHPian

to all those who are gonna wait and buy the vRS Laura, congrats in advance! the vRS looks so hot!
Old 10th January 2006, 09:43   #36
BHPian

Old 10th January 2006, 09:45   #37
BHPian

Old 10th January 2006, 16:26   #38
BHPian

Ok those are definately drool worthy pics........
yummy
Old 17th January 2006, 17:12   #39
BHPian

GOOD NEWS FOR U ALL MANUAL LOVERS!

I jus spoke to my uncle now regd. my car, and he was asking me wether i am sure i want hte Automatic, coz if not, the Manual version is also coming in in around 15 days time. The price of the Manual version is Rs.50,000/- less, and as per what the Skoda ppl told my uncle over the fone was that all the features will be there in the manual too. But my uncle says they might pull out a feature or two. that too wud be small features like the Tyre Pressure Monitoring or something. mostly wont do that.

I am still going for the DSG Gearbox! when its diesel, giving me 9-10kmpl, dont need any thing more from it
Old 18th January 2006, 00:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I jus spoke to my uncle now regd. my car, and he was asking me wether i am sure i want hte Automatic, coz if not, the Manual version is also coming in in around 15 days time.
Hey ID ,didnt i give this piece of news a month before and to add on ,the base or the elegance version (whatever they may name it) should be here before june 06 priced (approx) Rs. 2.5-3 lacs less than the L&K ..

Quote:
The price of the Manual version is Rs.50,000/- less,
I doubt this ! I am sure ,the difference 'll be close to a lac ..
If not ,how can they(skoda india) even think of pricing it so close to the DSG box ,i mean its a shame that a world class technology gearbox is having just a mere diff of Rs.50,000 compare to the plain Manual .

Even if you look at the difference between the Octavia rider manual and the rider A/T ,the difference is of Rs. 80,000+ ..
Its just not possible ..

Quote:
I am still going for the DSG Gearbox! when its diesel, giving me 9-10kmpl, dont need any thing more from it
Decision well taken, buddy .
Old 18th January 2006, 15:11   #41
BHPian

very true beemer a rs50,000/- difference at that price of a car is not too much.
Old 19th January 2006, 00:47   #42
BHPian

well Beemer, Beeman,,,, thats what my uncle said...Rs.50,000/- it is! thats what i too was surprised at... i thought the diff would be around a lac in these segments, and the DSG being 6 speed and all...
but they have to promote the DSG, in India , ppl dont care much if its DSG or what..most of them just dont consider an Automatic....so while the difference is very less, they will try to put everyone onto the DSG.

abt the news, Beemer, yea..u sure did i remember.
Old 19th January 2006, 02:33   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
most of them just dont consider an Automatic....so while the difference is very less, they will try to put everyone onto the DSG.

I dont quite think thats true. In higher priced segments the buyers tend to opt for Automatic more often than manual.Specially since its a diesel it makes even more sense to get an auto due to higher mileage from the engine.
Old 19th January 2006, 11:42   #44
BHPian

I dont think that is true. Higher priced cars are coming in tiptronic gears as well (i dont know wether they qualify as automatic ) , anyways most of these cars are chaueffuer driven so ppl dont mind paying less since they dont drive the car anyways. Also, mileage on a manual is always better in our driving conditions.
Old 19th January 2006, 18:38   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman
I dont think that is true. Higher priced cars are coming in tiptronic gears as well (i dont know wether they qualify as automatic ) , anyways most of these cars are chaueffuer driven so ppl dont mind paying less since they dont drive the car anyways. Also, mileage on a manual is always better in our driving conditions.
Yes Triptronic is automatic! Even tho the cars maybe chaueffuer driven the owners prefer to have the luxury of not having to change gears even on the rare occasions when they do drive probably at time in the nights or when the chaueffuer is on leave. A perfect example is that almost all Mercs sold in India are automatic!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks