Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2006, 14:20   #1
BHPian

city or fiesta ? advice

hi friends

please advice on whether the city I-dsi is better than the fiesta 1.6 sxi ?
& about the fuel efficiency as well
Old 14th January 2006, 15:02   #2
Max
BHPian

I have no experience about Fiesta, however I can say you can trust on HONDA. Honda City is best car for city driving. However you may consider Fiesta 1.4 because its priced very less 5.7L, if I am not wrong !

also, I recommend you to test drive both vehicles before you make any decision.

edit:
NHC mileage is about 12kmpl in Bombay city and 15.5kmpl on highway. I am not sure about fiesta mileage figures but i heard they are comparable to honda city (may be 1 km less !).

Last edited by Max : 14th January 2006 at 15:04.
Old 14th January 2006, 15:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

City and the Fiesta are very different cars, firesta is a driver's car and its fuel efficiency(of 1.6) will not be near that of City.
Old 14th January 2006, 15:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_11
hi friends

This is a very vague question. "Better" in what respect?
Fuel Efficiency wise, its the Honda City I-dsi.
Performance wise, its the Fiesta 1.6.

A more apt comparison would be between City I-dsi and Fiesta 1.4 petrol/TDci.
Old 14th January 2006, 17:53   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Well,
i was facing the same issue a few days ago but in our case, the fiesta was the 1.4 TDCi.
Anyways,
we have decided to go for the Fiesta as it was a better car in terms of ride, handling, FE (the diesel), VFM, safety etc. Since you are buying the 1.6, performance will be better too.
the Honda however is bigger, better looking, and has better interiors (but i personally felt the fiesta had better fabric on ther seat) and FE
Just go for the fiesta. You won't regret it.
Old 14th January 2006, 17:54   #6
BHPian

yea, as Dceite jus sadi, ur question is very vague, u hafta mention what u lookin for in a car. what style of driving is urs.

both are good, Honda has a long and strong backing. while the Fiesta is all new. Ford are known to be heavy on maintenance compared to the Honda. The NHC is giving a lot of ppl a good mileage of around 11-12 in city , while the Fiesta 1.6 is bound to give lesser, IMHO...!
Old 14th January 2006, 20:09   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

i would suggest the fiesta ,both cars are as good and the ford has added advantage of being more powerful has great dynamics on the other side the honda is fuel efficient and has better interiors(the fiesta's interiors are second only to the city's).
Old 14th January 2006, 20:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi friends

If you are not OBSESSED with FE, its the Fiesta sxi anyday. The I-dsi is not comparable in any way with the 1.6sxi, you could compare it with the 1.4. Only the VTEC can be compared with the SXI and the SXI wins hands down on the pricing & much else - only FE and rear seat space would be where the VTEC scores
Old 15th January 2006, 03:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi friends

You should be precise in what you are looking for in a car.

Honda has a better service quality. salesguys though have been pretty rough recently at honda. Its a bigger car than the fiesta and also futuristic though not necessaryt good looking car. FE is good as its a japanese Honda engine.

Ford is has a better built, looks are pretty decent and is a new car. FE for 1.6 may not be as good as the city but cannot be termed as bad in any respect. what you loose in FE though you will get in power and performance.

My verdict:- go for the fiesta. Its powerful, Adequately FE and has better ride and handling. A sore point would be the servive quality,higher maintainence and MAYBE lesser resale(depending on the success of fiesta in INdia)
Old 16th January 2006, 12:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84

My verdict:- go for the fiesta. Its powerful, Adequately FE and has better ride and handling. A sore point would be the servive quality,higher maintainence and MAYBE lesser resale(depending on the success of fiesta in INdia)
Go for the "Total Maintenance Plan" for 2 years or 30,000 kms if you do not cover much mileage in a day. Under this plan, ALL material & labour (except tyres and fabric) are FREE for the period given above. This includes clutch, gearbox, the works.
Old 16th January 2006, 16:04   #11
BHPian

I'm in a similar dilemma. May get rid of my 5 month old Baleno next month or so and can't decide between the City V-tec and the Fiesta 1.6. For sheer real world performance- read that as 0-60 and 20-80kmph as well as good ride over rough roads and high speed handling over twisty mountain switch backs, which car is better? On the looks front, I seem to lean on the conventional sober looking Fiesta, however I've just checked out the pics in the mags and websites. Haven't seen either machines in the flesh. Could somebody help me out?
Old 16th January 2006, 16:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
May get rid of my 5 month old Baleno next month or so and can't decide between the City V-tec and the Fiesta 1.6. For sheer real world performance- read that as 0-60 and 20-80kmph as well as good ride over rough roads and high speed handling over twisty mountain switch backs, which car is better? On the looks front, I seem to lean on the conventional sober looking Fiesta, however I've just checked out the pics in the mags and websites. Haven't seen either machines in the flesh. Could somebody help me out?
That requirement, in bold, gives a huge edge to Fiesta over City.

By the way, what happened to your Baleno, Puff? Not happy with it? I remember you were pretty excited when you got the car.
Old 16th January 2006, 16:29   #13
BANNED

[SIZE=2]I wasn't too impressed with Fiesta's performance or handling - both 1.4 and 1.6. If anything, the 1.4 is better bang for your buck, because you're thinking, "oh, its ok cause its a 1.4." No such excuse for the 1.6. The car is pathetically slow. If you liked your Baleno's pep, the Fiesta will bore the hell of of you.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I don't think either the City or Fiesta are built for the twisty mountains, but between the two, I'd take the City Vtec. Ford has too many aftersales service issues. [/SIZE]
Old 16th January 2006, 16:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
[SIZE=2]I wasn't too impressed with Fiesta's performance or handling - both 1.4 and 1.6. If anything, the 1.4 is better bang for your buck, because you're thinking, "oh, its ok cause its a 1.4." No such excuse for the 1.6. The car is pathetically slow. If you liked your Baleno's pep, the Fiesta will bore the hell of of you.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I don't think either the City or Fiesta are built for the twisty mountains, but between the two, I'd take the City Vtec. Ford has too many aftersales service issues. [/SIZE]
Have you tried driving the new V tec on twisty mountain slopes? Would be surprised if you had.

I'd go for the Fiesta any day. As far as being slow is concerned, not sure of you've read the time comparisons. The Fiesta may not bring out the rogue in us like the Ikon does but make no mistake - its fast. Its just that it does not kick up a huge fuss getting there, thats all!
Old 16th January 2006, 19:13   #15
BANNED

Suman, read properly before you write.

I said neither of the two cars is suited for a twisty mountain road. I suggested City because of Ford's bad After Sales Service, not because it's a better handler.

Also, try not to be rude. It reflects badly on your upbringing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks