Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 12:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A barber who owns a Rolls Royce Ghost and a fleet of other cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, I know a barber who charges 250 bucks / haircut and has a net income of 7 - 8 lakhs per month. Of course, it's not all from cutting hair himself. He's got a staff of 30, and makes big bucks from the hair colour, blow drying & other allied services. Even bought a property (from his own earnings BTW) 5 years back, which is worth atleast 5 crores today. And spent 60 - 70 lakhs on the interiors! Best of all, he's a little over 30 years old.

Can easily buy an S-Class no?
+1. I too know of a hair saloon in Karol Bagh, Delhi who has atleast 3-4 Honda Accords parked outside his saloon and supposed to be having more such cars in his fleet. And, this information is atleast 3-4 years old.

All said and done, it's still a great feat to achieve so much in life, irrespective of the profession.
Old 27th April 2011, 14:47   #17
BANNED

Vehicles under the "hire-a-cab" scheme are not classified as transport vehicles; so need not have yellow boards.

That is what the CMVR says.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 20:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Vehicles under the "hire-a-cab" scheme are not classified as transport vehicles; so need not have yellow boards.

That is what the CMVR says.

I was wondering about this - If you go to Delhi airport etc. and rent even a chauffeured cab (not Meru/Easycab variety) the number plates are usually yellow. Even some of the 5-star hotel cars I have seen are with yellow number plated.

Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India has the rules relevant to Rent a Cab scheme. Para 1 says "regulating the business of renting cabs to persons desiring to drive cabs for their own use". Though para 10(3) provides that the hirer can engage another driver to drive for him.

Also para 5 (v) requires presence in at least 5 cities of tourist importance and para 5 (viii) requires at least 50 vehicles with at least 5 of them in the city where Rent-a-cab application is made.

This looks like a scheme for people like Hertz or Avis car rentals I'm not sure our friend the Ghost owner falls under the scheme (i.e. his clients are driving themselves or using their own drivers - more likely than not he is providing them with drivers too. Also I don't think he is present in any city outside Bangalore - the newspaper article would certainly have mentioned that)

I would fully understand why someone wouldn't want a yellow plate though - If I was trying to impress somebody by visiting them in a hired car the last thing I want is for them to see the yellow number plate (if they know it is hired, it is bad. If they think I know the car, I'm a taxi driver )
Old 4th August 2014, 18:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

http://www.indiatimes.com/video-cafe...oyce-1090.html
Old 3rd March 2017, 08:50   #20
BHPian

He just bought a Maybach. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/57422315.cms. He also featured in NAT Geo's 'OMG! Yeh Mera India'

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd March 2017 at 12:45. Reason: Correcting to "Yeh Mera India" :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks