Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2023, 05:55   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Can I trace my lost cellphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I went to the police station and indeed saw my phone with them!

It will be handed over to me in a few days.

So do use this portal whenever you lose your phone. For which keep your phone's IMEI number in your reed.
Youre lucky.
My phone was snatched in 2021.
It was switched off immediately.
Even though I put a trace on it from another device by marking it lost in ‘Find my iPhone’, until date that phone has never been found.
Of course I raised the police complaints etc and for 4 or 5 hours lots of police bikes and jeeps etc came and went. But to no avail.
I am given to understand that in the case of stolen phones, the robbers immediately dismantle the phone to sell off its component parts to phone repairers as ‘spares’ in the grey market.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 13:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Youre lucky.
My phone was snatched in 2021.
It was switched off immediately.
Even though I put a trace on it from another device by marking it lost in ‘Find my iPhone’, until date that phone has never been found.
Of course I raised the police complaints etc and for 4 or 5 hours lots of police bikes and jeeps etc came and went. But to no avail.
I am given to understand that in the case of stolen phones, the robbers immediately dismantle the phone to sell off its component parts to phone repairers as ‘spares’ in the grey market.
Perhaps my phone was stolen by part time theif
It was some delivery boy for sure. He must have sold it to some dealer. The phone's Spigen cover is also recovered along with it
Old 17th July 2023, 19:46   #18
BHPian

Hi Team-BHPians,

My brother's iPhone was snatched by thief yesterday. We have filed an FIR in the police station. The police will track the phone via CDR.

As a 2nd step, is it advisable to block mobile via IMEI using CEIR portal? From what I have read, after the phone has been blocked, it cannot be used on any network across India. The portal also says that this (the blocking of mobile) does not prevent the police from tracking the lost/stolen phone.
Suppose I raise a request to block phone via this portal, then how can police still track it since it'll not be usable by any telecom network?

Or shall I leave it to the police to help trace it without raising any request on CEIR portal.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 20:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Hi Team-BHPians,

As a 2nd step, is it advisable to block mobile via IMEI using CEIR portal? From what I have read, after the phone has been blocked, it cannot be used on any network across India. The portal also says that this (the blocking of mobile) does not prevent the police from tracking the lost/stolen phone.
Suppose I raise a request to block phone via this portal, then how can police still track it since it'll not be usable by any telecom network?

Or shall I leave it to the police to help trace it without raising any request on CEIR portal.
Under "CEIR Services" drop down menu, there is an option "Un-block Found Mobile". So this should help you once the phone is recovered.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks