Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 20:28   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Important Government Circulars/ Orders / OM's / Notifications

I wish to start this new thread to display important government circulars, orders, office memorandums and notifications of importance to us in our day to day lives.
To start with, I am uploading the relevant circular concerning airport photography in India. I could get hold of these after a query under the Right To Information Act 2005, placed with the Public Information Officer, Ministry of Civil Aviation, New Delhi. The RTI query was redirected to the office of the Director General, Civil Aviation, New Delhi ,who sent me the relevant circular and order.
In 2004, the government relaxed the rules and norms regarding airport photography for civil aircrafts, allowing photography. The restriction however remains for military bases or air force stations near the airport. The Panaji airport, Bagdogra, Delhi, Kolkata, Nagpur and so also many other airports in India have an air force base in the vicinity of the airport. Photography of the military installations need to be strictly avoided which will invite penal action.
As a matter of fact, when I went to Europe, I landed first at the Schipol airport, Amsterdam and asked the air hostesses alighting from the KLM Boeing 747 that I had travelled in, about airport photography in The Netherlands. They had a hearty laugh upon hearing my query and said you can click pictures anywhere here. The first thing I did was to click the mighty, blue striped Boeing 747 that brought me there and then clicked so many pictures of the airport. Thereafter it was a free for all with me and my camera in the western airports !
Important Government Circulars/ Orders / OM's / Notifications-scan0003.jpg

Important Government Circulars/ Orders / OM's / Notifications-scan0001.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 6th July 2011 at 20:43.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 20:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Important Government Circulars/ Orders / OM's / Notifications

Surprising! IIRC the cabin crew of the BOM-BLR Indigo flight which I took recently announced "It is illegal to take pictures from the aircraft while in flight / landing". Not sure if they are aware of this notification. This notification seems to be pretty old, has any amendment done to it recently?

Spike
Old 6th July 2011, 20:58   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Surprising! IIRC the cabin crew of the BOM-BLR Indigo flight which I took recently announced "It is illegal to take pictures from the aircraft while in flight / landing". Not sure if they are aware of this notification. This notification seems to be pretty old, has any amendment done to it recently?

Spike
This was received vide my query with the DGCA in 2010. Its the latest and I believe has not been superceded with any subsequent circular/order. I carry a copy in my hand baggage, lest the cabin crew talk about it.
Old 6th July 2011, 21:41   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I didn't find any problem in taking pics or shooting videos in a flight. Only thing i take seriously is no calls during the takeoff/landing of the flight.There it ends.
I don't find any problem with taking pics except if the pics frame include other passengers then it's privacy issue.
In fact in Thiruvananthapuram airport terminal(both intn'l/domestic) signs are put in almost all places that "Photography is allowed". I used to think why they put that? But it's not there in new terminal.
Old 7th July 2011, 02:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Spike

Some years ago the flight attendants told me that in flight photography was allowed, but pictures of the airport were not allowed for Delhi airport (but were allowed for Bangalore) - I was spooked because Bangalore airport then was still the HAL airport where they would test MIGs each afternoon, and Delhi airport has been a pure civilian airport.
Old 7th July 2011, 02:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

I know this is way OT , but this 'no photography' thing is another baseless rule being held up by the DGCA.
In most US airport there are detachments of Air Force / Air national guards with transport/ fighter planes / helicopters. There is no ridiculous 'no photography' rule. In fact no body cares whether you shoot with a phonecam or a SLR (I have done both). They know to hide their cutting edge stuff in secret locations / airforce only airbases. What 'amazing secret aircraft' is India developing and letting sit on shared airports - whose technology is not know to the world?

Last edited by blackasta : 7th July 2011 at 02:44.
Old 7th July 2011, 19:28   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Spike
Further clarifications on this front:
(1) The letter from the DG, CA to me is dated July 2010. So these are the extant rules that apply as on date.
(2) The next attachment says that the DGCA order to this effect has been published in the Gazette of India on 10/12/2004 as a gazette notification.
Important Government Circulars/ Orders / OM's / Notifications-scan0001.jpg

Important Government Circulars/ Orders / OM's / Notifications-scan0002.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 22:48   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a link that gives important government phone numbers of the Govt of India in New Delhi.
http://persmin.gov.in/dod/Index.pdf
The respective icon can be clicked to get further details.
This directory of 9.1 MB is in PDF, has many details listed but is not updated with the latest details and changes.
A look will reveal many old names of persons who may have been shifted/ transferred/ retired and so on.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th July 2011 at 23:06.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:52   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are the links to view flight schedules of all airlines operating in the country during the period from 27/03/2011 till 29/10/2011(Summer Schedules)

Domestic:(pages 1-22)
http://dgca.nic.in/Int_flt_schedule/...riers-SS11.pdf

International: (pages 1-121)
http://dgca.nic.in/Int_flt_schedule/...riers-SS11.pdf

The DGCA (Director General of Civil Aviation) also has a system wherein accident incidents can be reported to them for necessary action as deemed fit.Even bird hits or negligence on runways or during flights can be reported on this link:

http://airsdgca.nic.in/

Click "operator" and fill in the details. The plane number VT-______ needs to be noted for proper reporting of any such incident.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 25th July 2011 at 23:07.
Old 27th July 2011, 20:14   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Ministry of Road Transport and Highways News:

(1) DR. C.P. Joshi Releases National Register and National Transport Portal
Dr. C.P. Joshi, the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways released the “National Register” and “National Transport Portal” at a function organized by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways here today.
National Register has been created from State Register under Transport Project to act as a central repository for all crucial information related to RC and DL. Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has been facilitating computerization of about 975 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) across the country. RC & DL issued by RTOs are valid across the country. It was necessary to define same standards for these documents on a pan-India level to ensure interoperability and correctness and timely availability of information. SCOSTA Committee set up for the purpose had recommended a uniform standardized software across the country. Ministry entrusted NIC the task to standardize and deploy the software viz. “VAHAN” for vehicle Registration and “SARATHI” for Driving License and compilation of data with respect to Vehicle Registration and Driving Licenses of all the states in State Register and National Register. Like National Register, State Register has been created to act as centralized database at State level for all the RTOs of the particular state.
National Register has been established at NIC Data Centre, Hyderabad. It’s architecture has been designed for high availability, reliability and scalability. It will also act as a database backup for State Register and is connected through high availability NIC Network(NICNET) bandwidth. This supports the real time data replication from State Register to National Register.
National Transport Portal has been designed and developed by NIC. It aims to deliver G2G, G2C, G2B services related to Vehicle Registration and Driving License from National Register. It also aims to provide “Anywhere Anytime Basis Services” to various stakeholders as well as citizen at large.
Launch of National Register and National Transport Portal will enable the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to provide various benefits to all stakeholders such as ;

· Improved quality of services

· Improved law abidance

· Reduced turn-around time of various G2G, G3C, G2B services

· Anytime Anywhere basis services viz:

1. Online Application submission for issuance of Learner License or Driving License

2. Online Payment of Tax and other fees related to vehicle registration and Date

3. Status Tracking of various application related to RC/DL

4. Application for issuance of National Goods Permit

5. Application for endorsement of Name, Address etc on DL/RC

· One Time document submission

· Availability of hassle free services

· Availability of MIS for decision making

· Quick and easy availability of Information to other govt. department

· Quick and easy tracking of stolen vehicles

· Easy detection of malpractices

· Quick and easy availability of information related to tax due date, fitness due date, DLs/RCs renewal due date etc.

· Sharing of relevant information with insurance companies, banks etc.

Launch of National Register will also help Ministry of Road Transport & Highways as well as State Transport Departments for implementation of various other mode of service delivery viz. Dealer Point Registration, services on mobile phone etc.
(News dated 19-July 2011)

(2) Call Centres for Road Accidents by April 2011 National Highways Authority of India
(NHAI) is planning to setup 24/7 Call Centre Services to assist distressed road users for reporting road accidents and other issues related to National Highways using a common 4 digit toll free number. The Call Centre Services are likely to be setup by April 2011. All the National Highways will be covered under this scheme

This information was provided by Shri Mahadeo Singh Khandela, Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways in the Lok Sabha today.
( Statement dated 27/07/2010 )

(3) Registered Motor Vehicles in India

As per the latest data available, India has Eight Crore Ninety Six Lakhs Eighteen Thousand (8, 96 18,000) registered vehicles in the country as on 31st March,2006.

While Maharashtra has the maximum number of registered motor vehicles (1,09,66,000) in the country, Lakshadweep has only 6000 registered motor Vehicles. Maharashtra is followed by Tamil Nadu (1,00,54,000), Gujarat (86,22,000), Uttar Pradesh ( 79,89,000), and Andhra Pradesh (72,18,000).

Registration, regulation and control of motor vehicles falls under the purview of States/UTs. However, the States/UTs were earlier advised by the Ministry to frame policies to discourage ownership of multiple vehicles through suitable fiscal disincentives.

This information was provided by Shri Mahadeo Singh Khandela, Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways in reply to an unstarred question in the Lok Sabha today
( Statement dated 09/11/2010 )
(source Ministry website)
Old 5th August 2011, 23:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Whistle blower protection is provided to informers (who write/convey about government irregularities), by the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). If a complaint about any irregularity involving procedural lapses,moral turpitude, corruption, scandals and related events of this kind that cause loss to the exchequer and /or encourage corrupt practices by circumventing extant rules, is lodged the informer's identity is kept a secret by the CVC.
The complaint should be well drafted objectively, list the irregularities with specific evidences (primary or secondary), proof, facts of the matter and provide the name and address of the complainant which is concealed (on a specific request by the complainant) and not even revealed to the concerned department by the CVC.This complaint is sent by the CVC to the relevant department, if it finds the subject matter worthy of an inquiry. Revelation of such names of whistle blowers is prohibited and punishable.
The CVC has under its ambit all Central government departments, PSU's (includes nationalized banks also) and Centrally funded bodies and even NGO's funded with Union government funds. The State government departments , PSU's and State funded NGO's are not covered by the CVC.
The whistle blower resolution (G.R.) dated 21 April 2004 is attached herewith:
whistleblow.pdf
Further details about the postal address and about how complaints are to be sent either online, by post or even telephonically can be seen at:
CVC

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 5th August 2011 at 23:14.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:54   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Some Indian railways information regarding:(INDIAN RAILWAYS www.irctc.co.in)
(1) Change in the element of concession and Age limit of senior citizens

(2) New train numbers w.e.f. 20/12/2010-the link to find new numbers

(3) Tatkal Scheme current information

(1) Change in the element of concession and Age limit of senior citizens

1. The minimum age for availing concession from 60 years has been reduced to 58 years in case of Women senior citizens. However, the element of Concession will continue to remain at 50%.

2. There is increase in the element of concession in case of men senior Citizens from 30% to 40%.The minimum age will, however, continue to be 60 Years in case of men.

The above concession will be admissible on tickets purchased on and after 01.06.2011. In case of ticket already issued for travels on & after 01.06.2011, refund of difference of fares will not be admissible.

(2) New train numbers w.e.f. 20/12/2010-the link to find new numbers. Please use this link to find the new train number.

Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry

(3) Tatkal Scheme current information

• As announced by Hon'ble Minister of Railways while presenting Railway Budget 2009-10 in the parliament on 03-07-2009, it has been decided to reduce Tatkal Charges as given below:-
• The Tatkal Charges have been fixed as a percentage of fare at the rate of 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of basic fare for all other classes subject to minimum and maximum as given in the table below:-

Class of Travel / Minimum/ / Maximum (in Rs.)
Second (sitting)/ 10.00 / / 15.00
Sleeper / 75.00/ / 150.00
AC Chair Car/ 75.00 / / 150.00
AC 3 Tier/ 200.00 / / 300.00
AC 2 Tier / 200.00 / / 300.00
Executive/ 200.00 / / 300.00

• The above charges will be levied uniformly both in peak period & non-peak periods.
• Tatkal tickets will be issued for actual distance of travel, instead of end-to-end, subject to the distance restriction applicable to the train. The same Tatkal berth/seat may be booked in multiple legs till preparation of charts. At the time of preparation of charts, unutilized portion may be released to the General RAC/Waiting list passengers.
• Tatkal facility will be introduced in Executive Class of Shatabadi Express trains also, by earmarking 10% of the accommodation available i.e. 5 seats per coach.
• Tatkal booking opens at 8 AM on Two days in advance actual date of journey excluding date of journey w.e.f. of 01-08-2009, e.g. for train leaving on 6th, Tatkal Booking will Commence at 8 AM on 4th.
• For Tatkal tickets, at least one person to carry original ID card at the time of journey.
• The facility of change of name is not permitted on the bookings made under Tatkal scheme.
• For the purpose of granting refunds & issuing TDRs for W/L, the time limit will be the same as applicable for refund of normal tickets.
• REFUNDS - A flat refund of 25% of total fare charged on the ticket, excluding tatkal charge is granted on cancellation of tatkal ticket, which is presented for cancellation upto 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. However, full refund of fare and tatkal charges will be granted on the tickets booked under Tatkal scheme in the following circumstances :-
o If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours at the journey originating point of the passenger & not the boarding point if the passenger's journey originating point and boarding point are different.
o If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
o If the train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
o In case of non attachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
o If the party has been accommodated in lower class and does not want to travel. In case the party travels in lower class, the passenger will be given refund of difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges, if any.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 18th August 2011 at 23:09.
Old 30th August 2011, 21:16   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

The new ATM guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India:

Effective July 01, 2011 – RBI has sent a circular to all the banks in India to mandate the following rules on the ATM transactions:

(1) The permitted 5 free transactions per month at other Bank ATMs will include Financial as well as Non-Financial transactions. Here cash withdrawals comes under the financial transaction and Balance Inquiry, Pin Change & Mini Statement comes under the non-financial transactions.

(2) If you are using the other ATMs more than five times, the charges will be Rs. 20.00/- (including taxes) per Financial transaction and Rs. 8.50/- (excluding taxes) per Non-Financial transaction.

(3) As per RBI guidelines, if there is any failure in the ATM transactions and your account got wrongly debited the amount,bank will have to credit such wrongly debited amounts within a period of 7 working days from the date of the complaint.
The Bank will pay Rs.100/- per day beyond 7 working days only if the complaint is lodged within 30 days of the date of the transaction.
Old 30th August 2011, 23:09   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Another one from RBI to check illegal lotteries and fake prize wins etc:

Beware of Fictitious offers of
Prize / Lottery / Money Transfers from Abroad

Many residents have fallen prey to fictitious offers of cheap funds from abroad and have lost large sums of money. While we have launched an awareness campaign to alert the public against falling into such traps, the problem persists as is evident from the number of complaints being received in various offices of the Reserve Bank. Since the Reserve Bank’s name is being used in many of the fictitious offers, we request you to forward this e-mail to your friends and relatives to ensure that this message from the Reserve Bank reaches as many people as possible. We request you to be an active participant in this awareness campaign as part of our corporate social responsibility.

Remember

• No one ever sends any free money to someone unknown.

• E-mails / SMSes about prize or lottery winnings are ‘fake’.

• Sending money abroad for participation in lotteries / prize money schemes is prohibited under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
Please

• Do not allow anyone to operate your bank account.

• Do not deposit money in a bank account or share your account details with anyone in the hope of receiving money from abroad / in India.

• Do not fall prey to messages coming from RBI / other Government agency look alike sites.

• Lodge complaint immediately along with the details of the offer, bank accounts being used for collecting money, etc., with the Cyber Crime Cell / Police Department, if such fraudulent offers are received.
Please Note that

• The Reserve Bank does not receive funds from abroad in individual’s name.

• The Reserve Bank does not issue any deposit certificate / receipt.

• The Reserve Bank does not send any e-mails / SMSes / makes calls which ask you to deposit money in bank account.

• You can seek clarification from the local Foreign Exchange Department of the Reserve Bank or from the Central Office, Foreign Exchange Department, Reserve Bank of India at – 022-2261 0589 / 2261 0618 / 2260 1000 Extn. 2732 or 2772 during office hours from 9.45 hrs to 17.45 hrs (Monday to Friday) or email to helpfed@rbi.org.in

August 29, 2011
Old 25th September 2011, 23:10   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Paperless/ Soft Copies of Railway e-tickets Permissible - No Prints Necessary:
Indian Railways & irctc now allow paperless soft copies of tickets on trains [Go Green]
Indian Railways now allows you to show paperless soft copy of your ticket (called Virtual Reservation Message – VRM) to the TTE instead of having to take a print out of the ticket every time you have to travel. This is an awesome green initiative which will not only please green pundits but also people who might not have printers at home or are unable to take a print out before their travel. If you have a laptop or smartphone, you can show your reservation slip saved as PDF with supporting identity card and you should be good to go.
To Check for more details log on to by clicking here : https://www.irctc.co.in/VRM.htm
The page -----
Electronic Reservation Slip (ERS) - The printout in standard specified Performa containing reservation particulars, and instructions for use which can be used by the passenger along with the relevant authorizedIdentification, as travel authority for performing the journey.

Virtual Reservation Message (VRM) - A screen-shot of the e-ticket displayed through laptops/palmtops/ Mobile phone is referred as Virtual Reservation Message (VRM).

ERS/VRM along with any one of the eight prescribed ID proofs in original and the indication of the passenger(s)' name(s) in the Reservation Chart will authorize the passenger to travel.

VRM combined with valid photo-id in original will be treated as an instrument on par with the ERS.

ERS/VRM along with one of the eight prescribed proofs of identity in original will also authorize the passenger to enter the platform on the day of journey and he/she will not be required to purchase platform ticket. ERS/VRM along with original id proof will be required to be produced on demand of Ticket Checking Staff on the platform.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks