Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2006, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Can you blame LaPierre? And I certainly hope you're not blaming Mother Teresa for propagating a bad image of Calcutta.
I am not blaming anyone...But the fact still remains that the amount of publicity these 2 personalities have got - has been positive for ONLY for themselves & has projected India negatively..

The fact of the matter still remains the same - all the achievements of Indian's/NRIs - are just a flash in the pan - compared to the extreme misery/poverty in which most of the Indian population lives..
Old 17th February 2006, 12:08   #17
BANNED

Hey, Its as simple as this .. I"M Proud to be an Indian anyways !!! By listing loads of so called Indians doesn't make one proud ... Its just as this is where I am from is reason enough to be proud ...

I was very proud to see Narain on the start up line ... I was very proud even when he finished last !! As for the Mittals, Bhatias, Guptas, Dahms .... Gud for them that they heading big corporate houses , etc but thats not my reason of being PROUD ... will stay PROUD even if they all lose their titles to someone else ...

I'm PROUDER of the people who are living here and trying to make a difference , even if that means earning way lesser !! Those are the people I'm proud of ..

And someone mentioned that Indians abroad look down upon India, try to ignore the fact that they are from India coz they think thats uncool --- but incase of an emergency in that country they all suddenly wake up and want the Govt to help evacuate them or make arrangements for them ... Its just soo stupid !!!

Cheers

Last edited by khaadu75 : 17th February 2006 at 12:10.
Old 17th February 2006, 14:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

All I can say is 'So what?'. What about the poor I have to see on the roads, while 'rich' guys like me drive about in A/C cars?
I am happy for my fellow countrymen who have made it big, but most of them are no longer my fellow countrymen.
Old 18th February 2006, 17:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

ok - some real reasons. And the rocking part is - a lot of those are automotive

http://www.rediff.com/money/2006/feb/18spec.htm
Old 20th February 2006, 13:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
I've been living in the US for 9 months now....and let me tell you this: all these so called indians fret upon their nationality. they aspire for american citizenship, speak with an accent and look down upon fellow indians.

Dude, next time you meet someone fretting about their Indian nationality, tell them they have no right doing that. They have done no good for India in any ways by running away.

And I don't take pride being an Indian, enumerating success stories of a certain group of people. There are shameful things happening around and need to be looked upon.
Old 20th February 2006, 15:51   #21
Team-BHP Support

Actually this mail proves things otherwise.
With so many indians doing so well outside india, it means there is something seriously wrong with india that they couldnt do the same things here.
These people living in india could never reach the heights they have reached now. Is it something to be proud of?
Old 20th February 2006, 16:12   #22
BHPian

Every Indian living abroad sends money home.
When they return to India they want to buy/upgrade their cars.
(many cars in India still pricey - easier to buy if you earn in $ £ € )
Then they ask question here.
We then discuss it.
We proudly tell our friends that nowdays in India also people buys Mercedes, Ferrari, BMWs, LandRovers etc. etc.
We then feel that we are at par with America/Europe.
That makes us proud!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks