Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2006, 14:13   #1
BHPian

Proud to be an Indian

Dear All,

Here's a forwarded email from a friend, which I thought like sharing with all my T-Bhp Friends!!!

FACTS TO MAKE EVERY Indian PROUD

Q. Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard (hp)?
A. Rajiv Gupta

Q. Who is the creator of Pentium chip (needs no introduction as 90% of the today's computers run on it)?
A. Vinod Dahm

Q. Who is the third richest man on the world?
A. According to the latest report on Fortune Magazine, it is Azim Premji, who is the CEO of Wipro Industries. The Sultan of Brunei is at 6 th position now.

Q. Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail (Hotmail is world's No.1 web based email program)?
A. Sabeer Bhatia

Q. Who is the president of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT & T-Bell Labs is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, Unix to name a few)?
A. Arun Netravalli

Q. Who is the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000, responsible to iron out all initial problems?
A. Sanjay Tejwrika

Q. Who are the Chief Executives of CitiBank, Mckensey & Stanchart?
A. Victor Menezes, Rajat Gupta, and Rana Talwar.

Q. We Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in America, even faring better than the whites and the natives.
There are 3.22 millions of Indians in USA (1.5% of population). YET,
38% of doctors in USA are Indians.
12% scientists in USA are Indians.
36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
28% of IBM employees are Indians.
17% of INTEL scientists are Indians.
13% of XEROX employees are! Indians.

Some of the following facts may be known to you. These facts were recently published in a German magazine, which deals with WORLD HISTORY FACTS ABOUT INDIA.
1. India never invaded any country in her last 1000 years of history.
2. India invented the Number system. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
3. The world's first University was established in Takshila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4 th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
4. According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software.

5. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
6. Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty striken and underdeveloped through political corruption, India was once the richest empire on earth.

7. The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago. The very word "Navigation" is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.
8. The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is now k! nown as the Pythagorean Theorem. British scholars have last year (1999) officially published that Budhayan's works dates to the 6 th Century which is long before the European mathematicians.

9. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11 th Century; the largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 10 6 whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053.
10. According to the Gemmological Institute of America, up until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds to the world.

11. USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Pr! ofessor Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.
12. The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.

13. Chess was invented in India.
14. Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient India.
15. When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilisation).
16. The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.

Quotes about India.
We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.
Albert Einstein.

India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grand mother of tradition.
Mark Twain.

If there is one place on the face of earth where all dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India.
French scholar Romain Rolland.

India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border.
Hu Shih
(former Chinese ambassador to USA)

ALL OF THE ABOVE IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG, THE LIST COULD BE ENDLESS.

BUT, if we don't see even a glimpse of that great India in the India that we see today, it clearly means that we are not working up to our potential; and that if we do, we could once again be an evershining and inspiring country setting a bright path for rest of the world to follow.
I hope you enjoyed it and work towards the welfare of INDIA.

Say proudly, I AM AN INDIAN.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 16th February 2006 at 14:21.
Ford Rocam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2006, 15:57   #2
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Hey after reading it,I think India is self-sufficient.It doesnt need anything.But because of some corrupt people it is dependent on other countries,just for their profit.If all these corrupt people dissappear somehow,India can be the next super power.We dont need to do much,just be one and get these corrupt people out who rule the country,by creating fights among people in name of religion.
And,every Indian should say "I AM PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN"
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2006, 15:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
A. According to the latest report on Fortune Magazine, it is Azim Premji, who is the CEO of Wipro Industries. The Sultan of Brunei is at 6 th position now.

The third richest man in the world is Laxmi Mittal. And he's Brit.

Last edited by Steeroid : 16th February 2006 at 16:00.
Old 16th February 2006, 16:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

I have seen this list 5-6 years back, and most of the info in this is false.

For example:

Quote:
All the above are untrue.
Old 16th February 2006, 16:16   #5
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
14. Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient India.
Really?.... I doubt!

Most of the Indians we talk about here are people of Indian origin and not actually Indians.

Though I am proud to be an Indian - I am keener on a bright future and not on history.

All those who are now CEO's of foreign multinationals have obviously left India in their own interest. (Well nothing wrong in that, but it doesn't count as an Indian achievement)
Old 16th February 2006, 18:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

Here's a forwarded email from a friend, which I thought like sharing with all my T-Bhp Friends!!!

A. Rajiv Gupta

Q. Who is the creator of Pentium chip (needs no introduction as 90% of the today's computers run on it)?
A. Vinod Dahm

Q. Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail (Hotmail is world's No.1 web based email program)?
A. Sabeer Bhatia

Q. Who is the president of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT & T-Bell Labs is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, Unix to name a few)?
A. Arun Netravalli

Q. Who is the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000, responsible to iron out all initial problems?
A. Sanjay Tejwrika
And none of these people live in India & we still brag about them.
Old 16th February 2006, 20:27   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
The third richest man in the world is Laxmi Mittal. And he's Brit.
No mate, he still has his indian passport
Old 16th February 2006, 21:25   #8
BHPian

All these Achievements Combined are nothing compared to what wonders these 2 people have done combined together For propagating a 3rd World Image of India. Images/Opinions of India in the Western World will always be biased because of these two "celebrities":
1. Dominic Lapierre - City of Joy ?? - or a city of people in extreme poverty, crippled people, slums, diseases..& as Cherry on the Top..A movie was also made ...
2. Mother Teresa - A Kind Hearted Soul coming to a city to alleviate the miserble lives of all the people she touched..
Old 16th February 2006, 21:33   #9
Team-BHP Support

Looks like nobody is bothered that most of the list is false...
Old 16th February 2006, 21:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

Can you blame LaPierre? And I certainly hope you're not blaming Mother Teresa for propagating a bad image of Calcutta.

Samurai, I know it's fake too. But it's so pervasisve, you let go of it after a while...
Old 16th February 2006, 23:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A. Vinod Dahm
Vinod Dham (Father of Pentium Chip), and me, have one thing in common. We are both DCEites!! Although i am no way near his abilities and intelligence

BTW, do 90% of computers run on Pentium chip? I doubt.. mine runs on AMD, and most of the people i know use AMD..

Last edited by DCEite : 16th February 2006 at 23:05.
Old 17th February 2006, 00:14   #12
BHPian

get one thing clear dudes: having a indian name doesnt make u an indian. I've been living in the US for 9 months now....and let me tell you this: all these so called indians fret upon their nationality. they aspire for american citizenship, speak with an accent and look down upon fellow indians.

Of course there are exceptions.

My point is: We should be proud to be indians, we dont need any stats or names of Indians living in US to make us proud.
Old 17th February 2006, 05:17   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
get one thing clear dudes: having a indian name doesnt make u an indian. I've been living in the US for 9 months now....and let me tell you this: all these so called indians fret upon their nationality. they aspire for american citizenship, speak with an accent and look down upon fellow indians.

Of course there are exceptions.

My point is: We should be proud to be indians, we dont need any stats or names of Indians living in US to make us proud.
Well said.
Brain drainnnn
These guys will make all the money but still never get the happiness or freedom living in India has to offer.
Old 17th February 2006, 09:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A. Rajiv Gupta

A. Vinod Dahm

A. Sabeer Bhatia

A. Arun Netravalli

A. Sanjay Tejwrika

Q. Who are the Chief Executives of CitiBank, Mckensey & Stanchart?
A. Victor Menezes, Rajat Gupta, and Rana Talwar.

Q. We Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in America, even faring better than the whites and the natives.
There are 3.22 millions of Indians in USA (1.5% of population). YET,
Also proves that we need foriegn resources to do anything. In India, nothing is going to happen. You'll be thrown in the corner and made to shut up.

But seriously, there are a lot of things our country has to improve upon. First being the political system, by that I mean the politicians themselves. Second is the corruption. And then we can move on to other systems like education, railway, etc.
Old 17th February 2006, 09:28   #15
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

A. Sanjay Tejwrika

I wonder where this name, "Sanjay Tejwrika" originated and circulated all over the web, through mail forwards and copied content.

The correct name is Sanjay Jejurikar, BE(Elect: VJTI, Mumbai), MS (Comp. Engg: Syracuse U).
See http://www.soft.com/QualWeek/QW2K/Papers/10P2.html

He is no longer with Microsoft, but is with the Pune-based Disha Technologies, a software testing company now a subsidiary(since Sept. 2004) of the Bangalore-based Aztec Software and Technology Services Ltd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks