Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2019, 12:45   #2791
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Update : Spoke to Karvy (KFintech) customer care and turns out Karvy is not a PoP, rather a CRA
Ah! Okay. I didn't know this information. Glad it worked out.
Old 13th December 2019, 19:36   #2792
BHPian

What are forum members views on the Bharat Bond ETF that is open for subscription? Is there any benefit in investing now vs once it is listed on the exchanges?
Old 14th December 2019, 20:57   #2793
Distinguished - BHPian

With the new value research website, it now shows the performance of my portfolio with time. This is exactly what I wanted as a comparison and now my manual excel sheet is no longer needed. In addition to this, its easier to view monthly flow of funds to keep track of monthly investments. Though the new interface is not so space efficient on a large screen nor mobile, it is still more useful than before.
Old 14th December 2019, 22:43   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
new value research website,
Thank you kind sir.
For first time i have actually tried to take a stock of all the stocks and MFs i own. And, I must say, it was easy peasy. Just upload all the PDFs (eCAS and transaction statements for equity) and everything ready for analysis at your fingertips!
Shall be tracking everything henceforth in here only.
Old 15th December 2019, 21:35   #2795
BHPian

The new version of Valueresearchonline website is a good one. However after uploading my NSDL statement, I found that for folios where I have partially redeemed in the past, it is showing negative total returns because of higher total cost/unit cost although the net returns are actually positive. It seems it needs to be fine tuned further.
On another note, since these pdf files are password protected, and the password needs to be entered while uploading the statement, I am not sure if there are any security concerns attached to it.
Regards
Sravan

Last edited by skchettry : 15th December 2019 at 21:36.
Old 15th December 2019, 21:48   #2796
BHPian

What's with the debt funds, now? Is all well, in the near to medium term? I just parked a sizeable portion of my portfolio in a liquid fund.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 15th December 2019 at 21:50.
Old 15th December 2019, 22:09   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Is all well, in the near to medium term? I just parked a sizeable portion of my portfolio in a liquid fund.
I am assuming by medium term, you are referring to 3 to 6 months horizon. Liquid funds are safest debt funds (though they too can give negative returns in rare scenarios) and you are unlikely to lose capital over the medium term.
Old 16th December 2019, 13:48   #2798
BHPian

If we have to buy different SIPs from Franklin, SBI, LIC etc, which is the best option to subscribe (without agents)? I have ICICI Demat Account, will that be a good option to do it from there? Or buying it separately from these AMC websites?

Regards,
narayanang76

Last edited by narayanang76 : 16th December 2019 at 13:49.
Old 16th December 2019, 17:47   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
If we have to buy different SIPs from Franklin, SBI, LIC etc, which is the best option to subscribe (without agents)? I have ICICI Demat Account, will that be a good option to do it from there? Or buying it separately from these AMC websites?

Regards,
narayanang76
You can choose from aggregates like Zerodha coin, Kuvera, Groww etc. You can purchase direct plan through these portals

If you buy via ICICI then you will be buying funds via Regular plan and hence pay a fat commission from the profits you make in addition to brokerage charges which are levied upon each buy/sell you make.
Old 17th December 2019, 15:40   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post

Regards,
narayanang76
I use Paytm Money and would recommend the same. You can subscribe to the Direct Plans of most of the AMC's through their App or the Website.

Also, the complete onboarding process is paper less and you should be good to invest in a few minutes. Setting up the auto debits for SIP's are also quite easy.

They are still not charging anything, but I guess they will start doing so in the near future. But I don't think that will be a big amount (considering their claim that most of the customers are from Tier 2 and 3 cities)

I was using ICICI Direct before, but have been using Paytm Money for more than a year now. Very satisfied with the service till now.

They also have the feature to switch over the existing investments on a different platform to their platform - however, I have not tried that option yet.
Old 17th December 2019, 19:56   #2801
Senior - BHPian

I stopped my MF SIPs in Aug 2019, and even redeemed some of the funds to re-balance my overall portfolio.

Though I am still under steep loses through some direct stocks, I was thinking if this is again a right time to consider and start investing through correct funds.

When I originally started SIPs in Jan 16 for the first time, the selected MFs ranked 1/2 respectively in their category. When I redeemed them, they were dethroned by other mutual funds.

How do I again select a correct mutual fund? To diversify I am thinking of choosing each of a top ranked large cap, multicap, midcap, a small cap along with one international mutual fund. Is rating by Crisil trust worthy?
Old 17th December 2019, 22:07   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
When I originally started SIPs in Jan 16 for the first time, the selected MFs ranked 1/2 respectively in their category. When I redeemed them, they were dethroned by other mutual funds.

How do I again select a correct mutual fund? To diversify I am thinking of choosing each of a top ranked large cap, multicap, midcap, a small cap along with one international mutual fund. Is rating by Crisil trust worthy?
Rather than looking for the current category leader, I'd look into the following:

-How long the fund has been around (10+ years is good)
-Rolling returns every year (consistency in returns assured)
-AuM of the fund in crores (if it's beyond some 15000 crores, I'd stay away)
-The portfolio overlap among selected funds (would limit it to 30%)

Though the returns may not be through the roof, a steady 9-10% can be expected in long term, which is quite good.
Old 18th December 2019, 11:00   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
You can look into the ratings provided by Value Research. Have found them to be quite trustworthy.

Also, please continue with your SIP's through good as well as bad market cycles. Rupee cost averaging works best when you invest across all market cycles. Also, with the current economic scenario, be prepared to invest for 5 to 7 years at least for equity funds.
Old 18th December 2019, 11:26   #2804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You cannot choose a correct or best mutual fund. What is best today maybe bad a few months down the line. Look for rolling returns to get a good picture on how the fund has performed. For large caps, i would suggest index funds than actively managed ones.
Old 18th December 2019, 18:27   #2805
Senior - BHPian

What is the recommended allocation to large/mid/multi and small cap funds?

I have shortlisted below funds for fresh MF investments. Please let me know in case any change is recommended or suggest some better funds.

Large Cap - Axis Bluechip fund
Large/Mid Cap - Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund
Mid Cap - Axis Midcap fund
Small Cap - Axis Smallcap fund
International - ICICI Prudential US Bluechip Equity Fund

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th December 2019 at 19:43. Reason: Merged back to back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks