Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 11:22   #1006
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

@execve:
I did register for Payeez but I couldn't get it to work via the interface. Looks very early stages. Gave up and registered at the TATAMF AMC online portal directly.
Old 30th January 2016, 06:32   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^When I opened FundsIndia account, they got the KYC done as part of the process.
There is no cost involved from your side (except courier charges for what you will be sending to Chennai).

You can invest in Mutual Funds after that.

Please let me know if you are interested.
Note: I will get a Flipkart gift coupon if I refer you and if you then create an account. So, there is some commercial gain in here.
Any idea how long Funds India take in order to complete the KYC process?
Old 31st January 2016, 18:54   #1008
BHPian

Which of the following is the best bet in the small-cap field

Franklin India Smaller Companies
Canara Robeco Emerging Equities
DSP Black Rock Micro Cap

After hours of eyestrain over at VRO, I'm still at square one.
Old 31st January 2016, 21:08   #1009
BHPian

@shady_lawyer: Amongst the three you list, I'd avoid the Canara one because of its higher volatility.
Old 31st January 2016, 21:29   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post

DSP Black Rock Micro Cap
Between 1 and 3, the composition of their portfolio should give you an idea on how to differentiate them. The former is primarily a mid cap fund wheres the latter is a small cap fund. In fact it is very difficult to find a similar fund to invest in the small cap space, but do note that such a fund comes with high risk as small caps lose a lot in a down market. Also bear in mind that MFs keep one eye on redemptions, so they do not usually invest in small companies that have low free float or low liquidity.
Old 1st February 2016, 13:04   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Any idea how long Funds India take in order to complete the KYC process?
I do not recollect that. I will reach out to a colleague who opened an account a month ago.

---------
I spent the last few days consolidating my portfolio onto ValueResearchOnline.

VRO allows you to upload statements from KARVY/ CAMS/ FT.
It was still quite a task since I had lot of scattered funds from both FundsIndia and another broker.

VRO also shows you separately those funds where you have no balance units, just from historical perspective.

Nevertheless, I feel it is worth the effort to have data in a single place.

Now, I have created different portfolio for direct investments and regular investments.

Plus I have different portfolios for my son.
Will also try to add PPF data to the portfolio.

Now, while different portfolios have advantage that you can see summary at a certain group level, they also have a major disadvantage. I cannot see the big picture/ total across the entire investment or asset allocation across the entire investment since there is no aggregation feature.
Old 1st February 2016, 13:16   #1012
BANNED

@S_U_N; I did that ages ago. The problem is to remember to enter all the transactions correctly. I find the odd investment where either I did not enter or entered data incorrectly. It becomes a pain.
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:34   #1013
BHPian

An absolutely noob question.

How does one start investing. I went to HDFC and their upfront and trail commissions are murderous. Karvy Offices are like a sarkaari bhandaar, no one has any idea as to what is happening. FundsIndia is not picking up my forms. I came across MFU but payeez frustrated me.

Can someone please guide me as to how to go about starting my investments, I would prefer the direct method if possible. If not which other way do i adopt.

Last edited by shady_lawyer : 2nd February 2016 at 12:35.
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:07   #1014
BHPian

@shady_lawyer:
0. Walk into any mutual fund office such an BNP Paribas or whichever is closer to you, buy a small lumpsum in fund of choice - in DIRECT mode - with the min. amount (1k or 5k - whichever applies).
1. Once that's done -
a. you will be KYC registered with the the KRA the fund house is associated with and
b. a folio is created under that fund house.

With the folio, you can use the fund house's online site to perform further investments under same folio and maybe different funds.

And because your KYC is now done, you can open new folios at other fund house's online investor portals.

So that one visit in step 0 is kind of required.
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:23   #1015
BHPian

Quote:

DSP Black Rock Micro Cap

My investment in DSP BR Micro cap made since 2010 was never in positive territory for a long time, until recently. This led me to believe that more than fund's performance, the recent positive returns from this fund have been due to the phenomenon of all boats rising with the tide. I have withdrawn my investments from DSP BR Micro cap and invested in Franklin India Smaller companies in the past few months.
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:41   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
An absolutely noob question.

How does one start investing.
Can someone please guide me as to how to go about starting my investments, I would prefer the direct method if possible. If not which other way do i adopt.
most fund houses today do online KYC check so if you are KYC compliant (you could check by logging onto any website like cvlkra etc.) then you would be able to invest in direct plans online from the comfort of your desk/home. You would need to have information like PAN Card, bank account details (account number, IFSC Code, MICR Code, Branch Name n Address etc.) handy and it is a straightforward process. Did this for axis mutual funds when I wanted to invest in ELSS and was able to do so without going to any branch office.

If however you are not KYC compliant then as @nareshov mentioned, you would have to visit one of the fund houses, get your KYC done and you would be good for all future investments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
@shady_lawyer:
0. Walk into any mutual fund office such an BNP Paribas or whichever is closer to you, buy a small lumpsum in fund of choice - in DIRECT mode - with the min. amount (1k or 5k - whichever applies).
1. Once that's done -
a. you will be KYC registered with the the KRA the fund house is associated with and
b. a folio is created under that fund house.

So that one visit in step 0 is kind of required.
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:16   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
@shady_lawyer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
If however you are not KYC compliant then as @nareshov mentioned, you would have to visit one of the fund houses, get your KYC done and you would be good for all future investments.
A big shout out to both of you. Thank you. Why aren't more people like you in this world. I've been running around like a headless chicken for the past two days and your advice is immensely helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
I have withdrawn my investments from DSP BR Micro cap and invested in Franklin India Smaller companies in the past few months.
Thank you for the heads up. I shall have to revisit the drawing board before making a final call.
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:27   #1018
BHPian

Just read an article in business line yesterday that going forward KYC is not mandatory and basis Aadhar number non KYC investor can also start investing in mutual funds. Need to figure if this is already operational.
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:43   #1019
BHPian

You can invest in mutual funds if have Aadhar and PAN, but you are not KYC compliant. However, the catch is: The amount invested by the client should not exceed Rs. 50,000 per financial year.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle8175429.ece

Thanks,

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Just read an article in business line yesterday that going forward KYC is not mandatory and basis Aadhar number non KYC investor can also start investing in mutual funds. Need to figure if this is already operational.
Old 4th February 2016, 16:57   #1020
BHPian

Hi,

I have been investing in Franklin India High Growth Companies-G for 14 months with a SIP value of Rs. 5,000 per month. Of course, large caps have seen a blood bath in 2015, but surprisingly this is a multi-cap fund that invests 30% in midcaps. Midcaps have had a decent year in 2015.

This is a 5 star fund and has not been downgraded to 4 stars yet, but my instinct tells me to stop investing in this fund. Is this kind of -22% return over a year a warning bell to stop investing? Moreover, it has been ranked 161 in the last one year. I would like your comments on this.

https://www.valueresearchonline.com/...chemecode=5141

Thank you,

Pradeep

Name:  FrankHighGrowth.png
Views: 466
Size:  17.1 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by pradkumar : 4th February 2016 at 17:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks