Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 11:04   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Need some suggestion for long term debt funds..I think they make for a good investment now as the interest rates have peaked out and going forward it should start going down.

Have short-listed a few -
Birla Sun life Dynamic Bond
IDFC Dynamic Bond
SBI Dynamic Bond.

I feel Birla Sun Life Dynamic Bond is the most consistent and reasonable expense ratio as well. Any suggestions are welcome!
Old 12th November 2012, 15:07   #317
BANNED

Why not also take a look at the various Debt and Money Market funds from IDFC. I am into the SSIF-MT. This was the first fund launched by the erstwhile Grindlay's Bank. Till recently (say 5 years) IDFC were only successful in the debt and related segments.
Old 12th November 2012, 17:44   #318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Need some suggestion for long term debt funds..I think they make for a good investment now as the interest rates have peaked out and going forward it should start going down.
Birla Sunlife has one of the best performing debt schemes among all the fund houses. So, of the lot, go for Birla Sunlife dynamic bond fund.

However, predicting the peak of interest rates is a bit of a gamble. RBI is very conservative and guessing when they'd lower the rates is impossible. Your investment in long term debt fund could underperform if RBI doesn't lower the rates immediately.
Old 13th November 2012, 08:49   #319
BANNED

Given the horrible IPR nos. I think a drop in interest rates may not be that far off.
Old 14th November 2012, 00:09   #320
BHPian

Hi everybody
Economic times of 13/11/2012 Bombay edition,(pages 12 and 13) forecasts a very rosy picture of the sensex.Some have mentioned a target of 26000 within one year.
Those of you who are interested please do read it specially the part on investing in mutual funds.
Personally I think 26000 is way too optimistic.Personally I would be happy with 21000 +
Regards
Old 14th November 2012, 00:14   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Personally I think 26000 is way too optimistic.Personally I would be happy with 21000 +Regards
I feel even 21K would be a tough ask, considering the economy around the world. What with 'fiscal cliff' in US n Europe having it's own set of issues. We in India are not so invested into equities as developed markets, and hence depend largely on FII inflows. All in all, i would be surprised if we cross 21K!
Old 14th November 2012, 08:19   #322
BANNED

Yesterday on all the financial channels they were talking of moving back into equities from debt instruments. Many of the projections of the Sensex are wild speculations. As long as we are back to 10+ returns over the long term, I am happy, 15%+ will be great.
Old 14th November 2012, 23:51   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I feel even 21K would be a tough ask, considering the economy around the world. What with 'fiscal cliff' in US n Europe having it's own set of issues. We in India are not so invested into equities as developed markets, and hence depend largely on FII inflows. All in all, i would be surprised if we cross 21K!
JMaruru
Hi
As I mentioned I too would be happy with sensex at 21000+
And if the 3 heavyweights viz Reliance,Infy and Bharti contribute then we should surpass that.
One point I subscribe to.
In India equities/mutual funds are underowned.If that changes,it is, going by the tier 2 and 3 towns contributions, then the rise can be dramatic.
Regards
PS:Today's DNA has an article about the mysterious reduction in ETF gold returns when compared to e-gold and gold funds.Following is the link.
http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.asp...009&ed_page=13
Old 4th December 2012, 22:04   #324
BHPian

Had applied for fundaindia membership after reading about it through team-bhp. But I got a call from them saying for any investment in MF's KYC registration was required. In my case KYC status is showing as "Incomplete". And as per Fundsindia in case of "Incomplete KYC" the "incomplete" document has to be submitted. Fresh application cannot be made. But in my case I do not remember when I had applied for KYC.
I wanted to know the way out of this ,as I understand without KYC registration I will be unable to make any investments in the future.
Old 5th December 2012, 09:42   #325
BANNED

Me-hul; Some additional information also needs to be submitted now - Marital Status, Nationality, Annual Income or Net Worth.
Old 5th December 2012, 11:04   #326
BHPian

I have invested in both SBI Dynamic Bond fund and BSL Dynamic Bond fund .... both are similar. Main difference is that BSL offers more options for dividend.

BTW now several PSUs are coming out with Tax Free Bonds ... you can consider them as well since their interest is tax free.

Rural Electrification Corporation Limited opens its public issue of Tax Free Bonds of the face-value of 1,000 each aggregating up to a total of 4,500 crores. The income by way of interest on these Bonds is fully exempt from Income Tax under Section 10(15)(iv)(h) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 and shall not form a part of the total income.
The issue has 2 investment options - 7.72% p.a. (10 Yrs) & 7.88% p.a. (15 Yrs) for investments upto 10 Lakhs and 7.22% p.a. (10 Yrs) & 7.38% p.a. (15 Yrs) above 10 Lakhs. The issue starts on December 3, 2012. Allotment will be on a first come first serve basis across all categories.
The issue has been rated "CRISIL AAA/Stable" by CRISIL, "CARE AAA" by CARE, "IND AAA" by IRRPL and "[ICRA] AAA" by ICRA.
These bonds are tradable and are not subjected to any lock-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

Have short-listed a few -
Birla Sun life Dynamic Bond
IDFC Dynamic Bond
SBI Dynamic Bond.

I feel Birla Sun Life Dynamic Bond is the most consistent and reasonable expense ratio as well. Any suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by aditya101 : 5th December 2012 at 11:06.
Old 5th December 2012, 23:48   #327
BHPian

Hi everybody
The new KYC norms.
I wonder how many of us or the persons investing would like to state their annual income or their net worth?
Personally I wouldnt like to.
What about other members here?
Regards
Old 5th December 2012, 23:54   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77
Hi everybody
The new KYC norms.
I wonder how many of us or the persons investing would like to state their annual income or their net worth?
Personally I wouldnt like to.
What about other members here?
Regards
I don't see a challenge there. What are you worried about?
Old 6th December 2012, 08:52   #329
BHPian

I just filled in the new KYC forms yesterday. They do not ask for any proof of income or net worth. And you have to select from a range.

This is just to ensure that you don't transact above your limits. Say if your annual income is 10L and you invest 1Cr, this will set off an alarm of sorts. For small investors with SIP, this should not be an issue.
Old 6th December 2012, 09:11   #330
BANNED

In my view all this restriction on MFs is silly. You cannot invest except through a cheque and the bank has done your KYC. Now when you draw money out again it is through a bank. No cash involved anywhere. If there are multiple PANs (as I hear there are) then all this will still not weed them out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks