Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 15:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: I Had A Dream.......

The one recurring dream I have on most occassions is of childhood when I attempted to start a M-80 and after starting the scooter starts rolling on its own with me running behind to stop it. I am still running.

This actually had to something with the real life incident which happened when I was 12 I guess in somewhat a similar way when I kick started the scooter of my cousin and the scooter after starting just slided down the parking lot causing damage to the scooter and me getting beaten black and blue.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

I used to get these dreams of getting the feeling of being woken up in my bed and then I realize that I'm actually still in my dreams. It's kind of scarry as I know I'm dreaming and unable to wake up or move my body. During these kind of dreams sometimes I also get the feeling that someone is in the room (mostly a ghost or a thief) and trying to strangle me and it feels very real. Then I try really hard to wake up and after some struggle I'll actually wake up and then will be out of my breath. But after few days with these dreams I got used to it and stopped struggling to wake up and then I would anyway wake up but not out of breath. Nowadays not getting these dreams at all and one thing I realized that I got these dreams when I would be very tired and fall asleep very fast.

One more, similar to Spitfire/JVH's stuff. I would find myself climbing some tall building and then when I try to climb down the stairs will be missing. Then I'll be in some kind of mission to find a route out of the building. He he I kind of like this one.
Another one is related to my fear of deep water, as I would find myself drowning in water, but this dream have now stopped.
I think very common dream of many people(including me and many of my friends) is finding oneself in college/school, and the best part, getting back to that old life again, almost like re-living those moment, I really like. And then the scariest thing also comes to fore, i.e. Exams and the worst part is that I won't be knowing any of the answers.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 28th September 2011 at 16:08.
Old 28th September 2011, 17:00   #18
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
That is exactly the way it happens to me too. Couldn't get the word rock climbing. Its like I step on a rock/ledge while climbing up and then it slips. I am looking at my foot all the time in the dream. As soon as I slip I wake up.
I meant climbing something and then slipping. Often it will be a mountain or plain land but ascending which has a dead end. Nothing underneath. In that case I'll miss that end and slip.

Quote:

You must be kidding me. I get this one too. Mine is more of bouncing off walls and getting lost in a vacuum. I float around for a while looking for something. No idea what.
Am almost always floating. Very leasurely in fact. But never figured out what I was looking for.

Quote:

Maybe both dreams are a pointer to something. Quite a coincidence that is it common for both of us. Hmm...
It indeed is a coincidence

Another one - its not really recurring but I remember having those a few times during my teenage days. In a fight my punches weren't landing onto anything or anybody. It was almost as if I start with a full force and then touch that fella's cheek as if patting him. And that bugger used to laugh. He never used to hit me though.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 08:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Lucky to remember dreams. The once i remember are rare. Usually they are the thoughts i go to bed with, about a bike or a car or the Good looking ones!

I hate it when woken up from a dream i remember. It never continues after that though i try pretty hard!
Old 26th June 2012, 16:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dream every night about a lot of things, people, places, incidents and everything else but gets hazy as soon as I get up.

On the other hand, my wifi gets up to rant her side of the dreams and asks the eternal question - Why don't you tell some thing about your dreams?

Me - I don't get any dreams

What should I say I forgot what I dreamt or I dream every day but cannot narrate anything to you or what?

Wonder if it happens to any one else!
Old 26th June 2012, 16:33   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Dream every night about a lot of things, people, places, incidents and everything else but gets hazy as soon as I get up.

On the other hand, my wifi gets up to rant her side of the dreams and asks the eternal question - Why don't you tell some thing about your dreams?

Me - I don't get any dreams

What should I say I forgot what I dreamt or I dream every day but cannot narrate anything to you or what?

Wonder if it happens to any one else!

My wifi knows so much about me, it probably knows what i dream about much better than I could ever recall.........

Sorry, couldnt resist...
Old 28th June 2012, 16:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Excellent thread!

For some reason, my dreams usually used to be action packed. I keep running/ chasing/ hiking etc. to the extent that I am tired when I wake up in the morning. No kidding, not physically tired but just feel exhausted when waking up.

And I dont know if I have a problem, but my dreams continue through the night.
Most of the people in my dreams are my school mates whom I have met maybe only a couple of times in the last 15 years. Perhaps I am stuck in a time warp.

As kaushik mentioned I have had a couple of scary dreams where I feel that someone is strangling me while I am sleeping. I protest and try to wake up, but I cannot even manage to shout or move. Then I woke up in cold sweat but it all just seemed too real. Just to clarify I have never been in such a situation nor seen any such movie even in the week before I had those dreams.

then there are times when I feel that I am going to wake up in a house where I have lived earlier in my life. In another city, another time. but then its back to reality.

Also, I have seen snakes a lot of times. I have never seen any money/ money related things. Hopefully they will skip my dreams and arrive in reality

Edit: I mean money, not snakes!

Last edited by selfdrive : 28th June 2012 at 16:02.
Old 28th June 2012, 16:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I used to get these dreams of getting the feeling of being woken up in my bed and then I realize that I'm actually still in my dreams. It's kind of scarry as I know I'm dreaming and unable to wake up or move my body. During these kind of dreams sometimes I also get the feeling that someone is in the room (mostly a ghost or a thief) and trying to strangle me and it feels very real. Then I try really hard to wake up and after some struggle I'll actually wake up and then will be out of my breath. But after few days with these dreams I got used to it and stopped struggling to wake up and then I would anyway wake up but not out of breath. Nowadays not getting these dreams at all and one thing I realized that I got these dreams when I would be very tired and fall asleep very fast.
This very similar to what i saw couple of months back, happened to me few times. I felt as i was awake but coudn't move my body and i felt someone is flying very fast in circular motion in the room. after 30-40 secs i was able to move my hands and i was awake, i told this to few people and they told its a bad dream but i am sure that i was awake :-/.
One more time i felt similar thing someone sitting on me try to strangle me , again i was not able to move but felt as i am awake, this again lasted for 30-40 secs. I still think i was not asleep that time.
One strange thing is i was not very scarred after these incidents which is not natural for me. Anyways i did some study and found out that watching TV or working on computer is not good just before sleeping. So made a habit of reading before sleeping and stopped using the computer or watching tv(which i usually don't do). for past 3-4 months nothing of this sort happened.
Old 28th June 2012, 16:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

All those bad dreams (nightmares) maybe due to stress and/or vaastu dosha.
If you have another room, try sleeping there or change the direction of the bed and try again.
Some interpretations for nightmares are here, though you are free to disagree. COMMON DREAMS - The Interpretation Of Dreams and Recurring Dreams.
Old 27th July 2015, 11:02   #25
BHPian

I had this crazy dream a few night back. I dreamt I was in a parking lot and there were like 10-20 XUV parked everywhere - like a Mahindra meet or something and people were showing off their cars!

What was strange though was that all the cars were invisible or at the least kind of translucent. Something very similar to 007's Aston Martin in Die Another Day.

Most of the cars are being driven by what I felt were Maharashtrians, with crisp white shirts and trousers and they keep moving their cars around - park it in one place, pull it out, park it somewhere else and so on and on!!

Eventually, we decide to leave after seeing this spectacle and as we are walking down the exit road a convoy of XUV start tailgating us (we are on foot). We sidetrack into a garage but one XUV pulls in right behind us and the driver starts to park his car into the garage pushing us further back against the wall. Though I am not scared or feeling suffocated or worried, I can't help thinking as to what is this guy trying to pull! Finally the car parks, the driver steps out and locks the car and as he does - the car becomes visible and it is no longer an XUV but an orange Ecosport. Seeing this my wife (I think) asks me why I thought that all the cars were XUVs, but I too am confused and then I wake up wondering that invisibility would be a nice feature to have on cars and that it will probably be Hyundai and not Mahindra / Ford who will introduce it first into their cars. As I wake up a little more, I think that it is about time I lay of the car magazines / sites for some time!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks