Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 12:50   #6436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
And I hope he gets his rear number plate fixed soon!
I thought its a good PS job by AlexKrish!
Old 17th September 2010, 13:06   #6437
BHPian

@menonrajesh I've also spotted the car before however I'm a biker and thought it might be taken badly to flag the lady down to say hello!
Old 17th September 2010, 13:11   #6438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Dude, it's edited by Alex to hide the number......
I looked at it again and maybe you are right.

I see about one car just about every day with one or both number plates missing and thought this was another one - Hyderabad cops are far more tolerant towards missing number plates than cops in any other large city.
Old 17th September 2010, 13:40   #6439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Maroon Civic KA _ _ 4260 with transparent Team-BHP stickers below rear number plates, turning U near Bellandur signal 8:30-ish this morning.
Thats me kousik! Were you behind me? What car you were in?
Old 17th September 2010, 13:45   #6440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
@menonrajesh I've also spotted the car before however I'm a biker and thought it might be taken badly to flag the lady down to say hello!
@valhallen,no worries..she knows that you stay around and will surely acknowledge - just that there might be a slight delay in the response time as its been not so long since she has started driving
Old 17th September 2010, 13:45   #6441
BHPian

Guys, Does it look that real! Its was just a 3 mins MS Paint job to hide the reg. number. I thought, instead of just a plain color, why not place the logos itself there... Was just trying to be creative
Owner of this car - Please for forgive me for this.
Old 17th September 2010, 13:56   #6442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
IronH4WK, thats my wife's car you spotted. She works in the RMZ building.
Will surely let her know!

Its been some 1.5 years since I have placed stickers on my car. But strange that none has spotted it yet! hmm..could be because of the strategic ( or lack if it?) placement of those stickers
nice to know! those transparent stickers are indeed a bit hard to spot. in the first glance, i missed it too!
Old 17th September 2010, 14:26   #6443
Senior - BHPian

Stickers on Reg Plates are Illegal

Aren't the stickers on Registration Plates illegal? I read a couple of plates suggesting this. But I feel it amounts to breaking the law.

A couple of years back, there was a trend in Palakkad, to fit those blue and red super bright LEDs on the registration plates. Very soon, the police started a crackdown and they made a good deal of money. How much went into their pockets is not known, but it was there. And they were targeting people who had anything other than the registration numbers stuck on the plates - stickers, initials, LEDs, fancy borders etc.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:30   #6444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
just figured out it was Latheesh i was chasing saw the Spark in his Garage, identified by its alloys!

Latheesh - you remember seeing me?
Yup that was me. I remember going my speedometer above 80 but 95+!! no way. This is the second time someone says like this, I think my car speedo is bit lazy, will get it checked. That 80+ speed was just for few seconds to overtake a bus (Festo one??) on right lane just before lay bye.

Main road - I wanted to go left so switched on the indicator and moved to second lane, there I saw the BUS trying to cut me without indication..so the honking. I did not want to move to right most lane to make way for bus and blocking the traffic.

Sorry dont remember seeing you. Were you the one on left lane behind my car when I moved left to join the main road?

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th September 2010 at 14:38.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:45   #6445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Thats me kousik! Were you behind me? What car you were in?
I was in the middle lane, 2 cars behind you, in my usual haathi. By the time I came close you were trying to negotiate the turn. And I was busy eating breakfast, so ...
Not my usual route/time so we have to wait for some other day to bump into each other again.
Old 17th September 2010, 15:05   #6446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Yup that was me. I remember going my speedometer above 80 but 95+!! no way. This is the second time someone says like this, I think my car speedo is bit lazy, will get it checked. That 80+ speed was just for few seconds to overtake a bus (Festo one??) on right lane just before lay bye.

Main road - I wanted to go left so switched on the indicator and moved to second lane, there I saw the BUS trying to cut me without indication..so the honking. I did not want to move to right most lane to make way for bus and blocking the traffic.

Sorry dont remember seeing you. Were you the one on left lane behind my car when I moved left to join the main road?
yep, you were beyond 95km/h, that's for sure because i was chasing you at 95km/h and couldn't catch up. you better get the speedo checked!

when you moved left, there was the Alto behind you. then i overtook it and then i was behind you. overtook you and signaled, but i don't think you would have noticed
Old 17th September 2010, 17:21   #6447
BHPian

spotted

spotted this optra twice near on mobile (jp nagar)...who are you mate?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img00058201009171419.jpg  

Old 17th September 2010, 17:58   #6448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Hey Mate,

from the description it looks like it was me (blue alto, got bhp, hinjewadi this morning). sorry for not having noticed you. am trying to recall but cannot remember a red swift honking.... could be that I was occupied with something else or just negotiating traffic. you didnt flash your lights... did you? may be that could have helped.
but anyway sorry for the miss, hope to catch you sometime ....
just to confirm it was me, did you see a transparent tbhp sticker on rear windshield as well?? was the number an MH12- DS **25
where exactly did this happen?
Yes, then it was most certainly you mate! Flashing wouldnt be of help because I was right next to you. And yeah, the number was MH-12-DS series.
Old 17th September 2010, 22:08   #6449
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Tata TL (or was it a Xenon) opposite Le Meridien today (Friday) at around 6.45 PM with Redlining (I think) and LTD stickers, and also an Advocate sticker. The number was KA xx MF 6049 (I think). I was on my bike (because my car is in service centre for repairs), and riding in Bangalore city after more than a year, so I was very nervous to get my concentration off the road to say hi to you.
Old 17th September 2010, 22:24   #6450
Senior - BHPian

Saw this car today parked next to mine in the Decathlon @ around 4pm today.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img00225201009171538.jpg

Who was this? Raise your hand please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks