Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 12:06   #10786
BHPian
 
Sugeeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 191 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Beige Getz; UP ----222; Heavily stickered with a wide collection of stickers; seen often on Mathura Road. Does not acknowledge any honks / flashes.

Saw the car again on my way back home at around 7.00 pm yesterday. He was parked on the main road right outside my office. Seems to be a non-bhpian.
Sugeeta is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:14   #10787
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,645
Thanked: 579 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Here is my spotting today...

Location: en-route Hinjewadi, Before Shell Petrol pump near Hinjewadi chauwk...

Spotted the same ride in my office right now.
Here it is:

Who are you mate? If not a member, drop me a mail on the office id. We work for the same company!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-ltd.jpg  

Swanand Inamdar is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:16   #10788
Senior - BHPian
 
xingamazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,400
Thanked: 120 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Spotted a brown Punto on OMR today morning, even the driver honked and said Hi to me. It was great meeting you, can you please identify yourself. I was in Red Maruti Estilo

Uploading the image of your car...

Please identify yourself. I am guessing your office is also in OMR, we might catch up sometime.
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20110629_10.06.13.jpg
xingamazon is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:28   #10789
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,679
Thanked: 5,460 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
sometimes what you say just goes right over my head! BUT, you're damn hilarious!!

so i propose there should be two sets of stickers - one containing the 13 stickers that the normal mango people can buy; the other one containing 14 stickers (one extra only for members), which cannot be purchased by mango people.

what say?
not gonna happen.
everyone will be clamouring for the no-mango stickers!

why 14?
just give the members only the one extra sticker!
or develop a gang lanugage kind of sign with the sticker.
stick the small URL sticker diagonally across the bigger sticker that you deem fit.
something that will look un-cool, so that its not copied by non-members.
but members will be aware of the relevance.
mayankk is online now  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:33   #10790
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,000
Thanked: 11,282 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Spotted a brown Punto on OMR today morning, even the driver honked and said Hi to me. It was great meeting you, can you please identify yourself. I was in Red Maruti Estilo

Uploading the image of your car...

Please identify yourself. I am guessing your office is also in OMR, we might catch up sometime.
Attachment 568862
Its wine coloured and not brown (tuscan wine as its named).

Fiat India has only one brown shade (bronzo scuro as its named) and it is available only for Linea Tjet variants.
That's unless ofcourse the owner of this car has got it painted
hemanth.anand is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:35   #10791
Senior - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,468
Thanked: 4,091 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
not gonna happen.
everyone will be clamouring for the no-mango stickers!

why 14?
just give the members only the one extra sticker!
or develop a gang lanugage kind of sign with the sticker.
stick the small URL sticker diagonally across the bigger sticker that you deem fit.
something that will look un-cool, so that its not copied by non-members.
but members will be aware of the relevance.
hehe.. stick something un-cool on your ride? i thought Team-BHP was cool

anyways, it still won't address the issue of rogue drivers sporting these stickers on their vehicles. back to the drawing board
IronH4WK is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:36   #10792
BHPian
 
Daewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 943
Thanked: 226 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Does this car belong to any Chennai Bhpian?
Was following this car in Annanagar today morning.
The driver wasn't belted up and was driving in a zig-zig manner
and most of the time was driving in the opposite lane.
Attached Images
 
Daewood is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:40   #10793
BHPian
 
Xryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Banana Republic
Posts: 207
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
hehe.. stick something un-cool on your ride? i thought Team-BHP was cool

anyways, it still won't address the issue of rogue drivers sporting these stickers on their vehicles. back to the drawing board

How about every BHPian printing their handles and sticking em over one of the stickers they have on the rear ? Black font over plain white paper. Cut it out and stick it on a corner ! Would that make it any easier to id one another ? Forget addressing non-member rogue drivers sporting the TBHP stickers, for that is something the mods and senior-bhpians have to consider and decide about the sale of stickers to non-members.

Last edited by Xryder : 29th June 2011 at 12:42.
Xryder is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:44   #10794
Senior - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,468
Thanked: 4,091 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
How about every BHPian printing their handles and sticking em over one of the stickers they have on the rear ? Black font over plain white paper. Cut it out and stick it on a corner ! Would that make it any easier to id one another ?
remember what these dealers stick in white on your rear glass? for example, Drive home a relationship (Trident Hyundai); Caring for you always (Advaith Hyundai). how about getting one's handle in that white sticker material and stick it on your rear glass?
IronH4WK is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:46   #10795
Senior - BHPian
 
xingamazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,400
Thanked: 120 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Does this car belong to any Chennai Bhpian?
Was following this car in Annanagar today morning.
The driver wasn't belted up and was driving in a zig-zig manner
and most of the time was driving in the opposite lane.
With your comment below I doubt if the driver would identify himself at all. (BTW its not me)


Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Its wine coloured and not brown (tuscan wine as its named).
Fiat India has only one brown shade (bronzo scuro as its named) and it is available only for Linea Tjet variants.
That's unless ofcourse the owner of this car has got it painted
Hi Hemanth. I do get your point. I know it has only a Tuscan Wine in Punto.
But when you are quoting a colour in a forum you dont expect people to quote the correct company name will you..
Imagine someone saying this ,
"What do you mean by saying my car is Grey colour, its Moondust Silver"

You only quote generic colour for a starter not the company colour name, unless you know whom you are speaking to and what his knowledge on the cars and its shades are..
xingamazon is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:47   #10796
BHPian
 
Reisender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, USA ; Chennai India
Posts: 155
Thanked: 54 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Spotted a brown Punto on OMR today morning, even the driver honked and said Hi to me. It was great meeting you, can you please identify yourself. I was in Red Maruti Estilo

Uploading the image of your car...

Please identify yourself. I am guessing your office is also in OMR, we might catch up sometime.
Attachment 568862
Hey xing buddy, Its me in the Punto. Nice to say Hi to you. Yes, i work in karapakkam office after shogun/Nala's.
Sure, we will catch up sometime...
Reisender is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 12:53   #10797
BHPian
 
Xryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Banana Republic
Posts: 207
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
remember what these dealers stick in white on your rear glass? for example, Drive home a relationship (Trident Hyundai); Caring for you always (Advaith Hyundai). how about getting one's handle in that white sticker material and stick it on your rear glass?
Thats a good idea ! But then how do you get something like that made for so many different users with different handle names ? Or else the set of stickers could come with 14 of them, on of them being a personalized TBHP handle sticker ? And this way, only members would be able to buy the set of 14 stickers as they would have to login with their handles and purchase this custom set. What say ?
Xryder is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 13:05   #10798
Senior - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,468
Thanked: 4,091 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Thats a good idea ! But then how do you get something like that made for so many different users with different handle names ?
well, this will have to be done by the members themselves. approach a sticker guy and get this made. simple. won't cost much either i guess.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Or else the set of stickers could come with 14 of them, on of them being a personalized TBHP handle sticker ? And this way, only members would be able to buy the set of 14 stickers as they would have to login with their handles and purchase this custom set. What say ?
refer to post 10768. the14th sticker could be a blank white one on which the member could write their name with permanent marker


non-OT:
today's spottings:

just before Dell, on the IRR:
Name:  _MG_0565.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  132.4 KB

Madiwala market signal, heading towards Koramangala 1st block:
Name:  _MG_0577.JPG
Views: 453
Size:  85.5 KB
Name:  _MG_0578.JPG
Views: 448
Size:  103.6 KB
IronH4WK is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 13:20   #10799
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 278
Thanked: 44 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

[quote=IronH4WK;2409575]today's spottings:

he said he was a member, but didn't quite get his handle:
Attachment 568492

IronH4WK, that is me

Thanks for the post ! I had thread of my own when I bought the Red hot Figo Titanium in 2010 April. Was active on Figo threads, but of late, not getting enough time ( paid time in office ! ) to post as much as I like !

Cheers !
Revy
Revy is offline  
Old 29th June 2011, 13:34   #10800
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,000
Thanked: 11,282 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Hemanth. I do get your point. I know it has only a Tuscan Wine in Punto.
But when you are quoting a colour in a forum you dont expect people to quote the correct company name will you..
Imagine someone saying this ,
"What do you mean by saying my car is Grey colour, its Moondust Silver"

You only quote generic colour for a starter not the company colour name, unless you know whom you are speaking to and what his knowledge on the cars and its shades are..
Sorry for going OT again...

I completely agree with you mate that we specify a generic colour in a forum rather than company christened names.
Thats exactly why i have mentiond the "fiat names" in brackets.

"Tuscan wine" in generic is a shade of maroon/winecolour and not a shade of brown is was what I meant to say.
Hope I'm clear this time.
hemanth.anand is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks