Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2015, 10:53   #31

Vehicle fuel mileage tracker

Hello,
I tried searching for this topic, but couldn't positively get leads out of it.
I have a couple of vehicles and one of them shows me the average itself, but due to the fortnightly changing petrol prices, I am unable to get the real inr per kilometer.

I used an app call fuellog for measuring the mileage for my bullet before, but it didn't have any cloud sync. Due to my phone's factory reset, everything went off.

Please share your experience on what app do you generally use to track vehicle mileages.

P. S. : dear moderator, I could guess this subforum at the right place to start this topic, thanks in advance for moving it to the right place if required.

Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 11:31   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Smartphone App for Automobile Expense Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I have been using an application called "Gas Cubby" on my iPhone. I also use VehiCal and other non-automobile expense management software and in my experience, it seems like Gas Cubby is most ideal solution for the cost it offers. The free version allows limited vehicle entries while the paid version has no constraints. You can see the app details here - http://appcubby.com/gas-cubby/
There is now a new version of this app - cool looking UI and lot more options are rolled out. You can get the latest app and screen shots here - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gas-...295905460?mt=8
Old 3rd May 2018, 07:43   #33

Re: Smartphone App for Automobile Expense Management

Thank you so much.... I just tested FUELLY
I have been looking a similar app for ages. Although its a paid one (369 pa). Its a decent one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
There is now a new version of this app - cool looking UI and lot more options are rolled out. You can get the latest app and screen shots here - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gas-...295905460?mt=8
Old 6th June 2018, 13:14   #34
BHPian

Re: Car Expense Tracker Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
All of us have cars and we like to track lot of details about or cars (like Petrol bills, servicing costs, accessories cost etc etc).

I like to track lot of details about stuff I love, so I use an excel sheet to track such things about my car. Slowly, this excel sheet has evolved into a great tool for me to see patterns about my usage of car and its behavior.

I'd like to share this excel sheet with all you folks, so that you can use it and also add to it.
Thanks a lot for this excellent tool!
I currently use MyFuelLog 2 on Android but now I think I would prefer to maintain an excel file as well!
Old 9th September 2019, 10:49   #35
BHPian

Drivvo

I have been using this app on my android phone for the past few months. After having tried few others available on play store, this has been the best in terms of data interpretation, methodology, user interface and ease of usage.

Many of us live a hectic work life which is marred by numbers and graphs but the ones concerned with our cars make us happy. The tracking that I have been doing for my Ameo DSG has made most of the car in built features (MID) obsolete.

Below are snapshots of the app with different features. All of them are self explanatory. It gives in detail information for most expenses we incur on our car/s. I have been using only for fuel expenses and soon will add service costs as well. It is the free version and do not see the need for a paid one as most information is very well documented and represented required for analysis.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091027252.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909102608.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091026082.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909102651.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091026512.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091027252.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909102759.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091027592.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909102818.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091028182.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909102842.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091028422.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909102953.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091029532.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909103019.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091030192.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909103041.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091030412.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909103226.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091032262.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909103259.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091032592.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909103336.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091033362.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_20190909103404.png  

Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot_201909091034042.png  

VWAllstar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 13:54   #36
BHPian

I notice your odometer starts at zero at the time you started using this app. Is there an option to set the odometer to whatever kms you had at that time? or you didn't do it?
Old 25th October 2022, 21:42   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthdmaniar View Post
This sounds encouraging. Do you capture the data manually or through a collection of APIs?

I am working on a project that captures video and processes it for pothole identification on a Raspberry Pi that I plan to install in the car. Something similar to this one but tweaked to identify potholes

I will sincerely want to speak to you about your approach in private.

Moving our discussion here.

I only capture data manually. I am not sure how we can capture this automatically. Because only when re-fuel at a bunk we log in that data. Similarly when the car goes for service or when we do a tyre change, or buy additional accessories we log in those details.

If you see, many apps already have front end visual analytics of first order built in. Only if you need more details you need to export and build your own analyser. I have been doing that more for fun rather than need. If you see most apps are fairly well stocked.

I used fuel log pro long back. Then shifted to mYcars. Currently I use Drivvo.

The video that you linked to is far more ML centric and applications are different. While my needs are more basic and of the first order!

Last edited by ampere : 26th October 2022 at 07:04.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 08:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthdmaniar View Post
I am working on a project that captures video and processes it for pothole identification on a Raspberry Pi that I plan to install in the car.
Pothole and Speed breaker notification already exists in MapmyIndia's Mappls. In my limited usage, I've found the notifications to be excessive and inaccurate as well. And this over information is also useless. They are like the 1000 monitoring emails that flood your mailbox that you would not read through.
Old 20th December 2023, 15:15   #39
BHPian

I recently had a roller coaster ride when my office decided to move from Android phones to iPhones - I did not realize it at the beginning but soon I came to know that the Fuelio app that I was happily using in my Android which provided all sorts of metrics has a very basic version for iOS. This was very disappointing and frustrating.
So I started looking for alternatives and after a lot of trial and error [trust me, it was a lot!!], Finally settled for My Car app - I really liked it and wanted to recommend to follow folks here if you are searching for a good app that does the basics and numbers really well.

Name:  Screenshot 20231220 103923.png
Views: 226
Size:  96.0 KB
This is where the app comes from.

App is really nicely designed, information captured and displayed are well organized and there are tons of insights that you would get into than what one would normally need. App also has a paid version that allows storing the data in the cloud which I did not opt.
Another great benefit was that it allowed importing a CSV file that I exported from my fuelio app in Android - so I am still keeping all the data from day one without having to even subscribe for a paid version. App also allows creating fresh exports if you want to keep your back up in track.
A great app - totally worth taking a look.

Here are some samples of metrics it provides.
Car Expense Tracker Tool-screenshot-20231220-103549.png
dileepcm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 09:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepcm View Post
I recently had a roller coaster ride when my office decided to move from Android phones to iPhones - I did not realize it at the beginning but soon I came to know that the Fuelio app that I was happily using in my Android which provided all sorts of metrics has a very basic version for iOS. This was very disappointing and frustrating.
So I started looking for alternatives and after a lot of trial and error [trust me, it was a lot!!], Finally settled for My Car app - I really liked it and wanted to recommend to follow folks here if you are searching for a good app that does the basics and numbers really well.

I wish I could have seen this post earlier ! I went through the same dilemma. Tried many expense trackers from iOS app store and then finalized "My Car" app . Coming from Fuelio android version's bliss, iOS version was basic. Only fuel logs, no option to track other expenses , reminders etc. Almost all the reviews of Fuelio on iOS App store are pointing the same thing, but it seems developer is focusing only on android platform.

So I was looking for vehicle expense trackers which will accept database from Fuelio. Did not want to manually enter the previous logs for my vehicles - hence rejected Drivvo.

"My Car" app accepts database from Fuelio in CSV format, and has many good data points displayed in their analytics page.

I have opted for premium version (499 rs annually) for piece of mind of data backup. In free version, if one loses the phone, all historic data is gone. Paid version provides auto cloud sync, and permission to export your data in CSV format to create local backup periodically. Also unlocks access from various platforms (web app, android etc).

Last edited by baarish84 : 28th December 2023 at 09:05.
baarish84 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks