Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2006, 21:04   #16
BHPian

Aww man! tat was sad!... My old cell got drenched once. Take it to some moble service guy, tell him it fell in water etc.. he will clean it up nicely from inside, blow dry it etc etc... but lot of the damage will remain. It will work though..
Old 15th March 2006, 21:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

That was very unfortunate LOL. What was your expression when he told you his phone was inside??!?!

I think it can be repaired. My cell was drenched too, but not to that extent it cost me around < Rs. 1000.
Old 15th March 2006, 21:57   #18
BHPian

A SMALL question... what was your friend doin with YOUR phone in a plastic packet? :S.

Anyway... safest bet is the nokia priority dealer.

OT: I hope I dont get bird flu with the amount off eggs i got smacked with today!!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 15th March 2006, 22:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope I dont get bird flu with the amount off eggs i got smacked with today!!
I eat that much in a day
Old 15th March 2006, 22:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

My phone survived the July 26 deluge. Tried turning it on too a gazillion times when it was wet. Dried it for 2 days, works like a charm. The less complicated the phone, the more chances it has of surviving abuse.
Old 15th March 2006, 22:49   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1101
yaar
can and one please comment on whose fault wa it.
was it all my fault or my friends or my servant or all the friends there ????
Ok been following this thread all day today and here's my take on this
First off its a 50-50 situation.. its your fault for dunking the bag into the pot and its your friends fault for carrying around his phone on holi in a bag.. I mean what kind of a jackass carries a phone when he know's he's going to get dunked with colour and water and stuff.. is he that important that he can't put his phone off and leave it home for a couple of hours when he goes out to play holi.
Having said that I hope for your sake it starts working again
Old 16th March 2006, 03:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

My old 8310 fell in a bucket of water once, it didnt come on right away, i gave it the blow dryer treatment and then 2 days later it turned on magically!! God what all the phone went through (water, bouncing of the sidewalk numerous times, dropped ina a bus and returned!) Its 5 years old and my cousin still uses it.
Old 16th March 2006, 04:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

I dunno if this may work or not.

flush your phone back again with the simcard.

still better, throw it in a far away lake/river/sea.

apply for theft insurance (if nokia still provides it)

u get a new phone
Old 16th March 2006, 06:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

U poor soul.... dry it in the microwave...
Old 16th March 2006, 12:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite

really really funny ...
i once had my sony t230 phone put in a washing machine by my 2 yr old nephew.. it took about 2 days for it to start working again... but it did start again..
thanks, my heart beat became regular again after i read that u r phone was tortured with a washing machine and it still survived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
That was very unfortunate LOL. What was your expression when he told you his phone was inside??!?!
NO expression on my face, no emotions, it was like i did'nt even think anything. it was my instinct to just put the hand in pot n grab that poly bag. On the other hand my friend was stoned, he was standing still as if he had smoked 2-3 joints. after i took the phone to my room to dry he followed me n stood beside me, i asked him to turn off this cell, but he was so stoned he did not understand wat i said for the next 2 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
A SMALL question... what was your friend doin with YOUR phone in a plastic packet? :S.
Anyway... safest bet is the nokia priority dealer.
Godspeed.
Alok.
my friend was carring his cell phone is his poly bag. not my cell phone. BTW i own nokia 1100 and i love it to the extent that i switch it off n lock it in poly bag during sudden rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Ok been following this thread all day today and here's my take on this
First off its a 50-50 situation.. its your fault for dunking the bag into the pot and its your friends fault for carrying around his phone on holi in a bag.. I mean what kind of a jack*** carries a phone when he know's he's going to get dunked with colour and water and stuff.. is he that important that he can't put his phone off and leave it home for a couple of hours when he goes out to play holi.
Having said that I hope for your sake it starts working again
seriously why did he carry his 15000rs cell in poly bag during holi, that too the poly bag was in his hands and not in pocket. Too bad i just solved my fight after 1 year and then i flush his cell . :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
U poor soul.... dry it in the microwave...
wat a crap idea, i am an electronics engg. n know mirco wave will dry my phone n burn the circuits inside out.

24 Hrs. over i wish his cell starts working soon
Old 16th March 2006, 13:05   #26
BHPian

will nokia repair wet cell

hi all

will NOKIA service centre repair any wet(washed) phone. I heard they do not reapir wet phones.
BTW 1 more friend of mine is having problems with his 2300 after he was thrown into muddy water by his friends. well i think 2300 will surive these abuse in a day ot two unlike the other ***** friend of my who was carrying a camera phone.
Old 16th March 2006, 13:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1101
wat a crap idea, i am an electronics engg. n know mirco wave will dry my phone n burn the circuits inside out.

24 Hrs. over i wish his cell starts working soon
I am also an electronics engineer bro.... i was just jokin... no offence meant.... btw i wish ur fone does spring back to life.... i know how it feels to have a nice fone damaged... all the best....
Old 16th March 2006, 14:09   #28
BHPian

one of my friends also managed to dip his phone in the pot by accident - it was a 6600 - and it refused to switch on after that
he took it to a certain dealer in gaffar market in karol bagh and that guy took it apart piece by piece and dried everything with a hairdryer, put it together again and it switched on ....

cant say whether the same would work with your friends phone as well - but you can surely try out the gaffar market guys if nought else works ...
Old 16th March 2006, 14:18   #29
BHPian

My Nokia 8310 suddenly conked out one day and I tool it to a Nokia Dealer in Hyd, he said looks like my phone was dropped in Sea Water, I was surprised the phone was bought in Dubai, I live in Bangalore and was in Hyd at that time and I am sure we never went closer than 300km from the sea shore, well he said I can use it as paper weight, luckily had someone travelling to dubai and it was serviced there with some part replacement which cost me Rs. 800 .
Old 16th March 2006, 14:24   #30
BANNED

Hey, And I had a totally opposite incident yesterday !! We went to this party and my friend had kept his Nokia cell in a lil plastic packet but without a know on the top .. anyways during the course of the celebrations he ended up getting pushed into the pool which was full of color . As he enjoys the water he kept taking others into it as well ... About an Hr later he realised that the phone from his pocket was missing but the plastic pkt was still there -- PANIC buttin pressed .. back into the pool and as it was no use trying to dive in and try searching for it we all got into the lil pool and started the PHONE HUNT with our feet !!! Eventually we did find the phone .. and guess what -- The screen read .. 16 messages received -- lol .

Anyways we switched it off just incase there is any water inside .. put it to dry for 5 mins and back on ... Its working as if nothing happened to it at all !! Now thats why I luv Nokia .... !! So much time in water and yet working perfectly ...

Cheers

PS -- Sorry about ur friends phone though !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks