Team-BHP - Team-BHPians and their Pets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHPians and their Pets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1153-team-bhpians-their-pets-111.html)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a person who is willing to look after 2 dogs in HSR Layout in the day from say 10.00 am to 6. 00 pm?
OR
A person who is willing to drive me to office and then look after the dogs during the day before returning to pick me up from office?

Any leads will be tremendously appreciated.

You can check behind NIFT - there is a shop called Sparky's who offer kennel services as well. Nice people.

else go to Dr Ansar's clinic in Sector 7. Called MY PET's CLINIC. Meet him and check with him. He is a nice gentleman and you can say I referred you if you want - he's been treating my dogs for the last 7-8 years.

third option is you will need to employ a full time proper attendant who comes to you through a good reference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidkun (Post 2158875)
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a person who is willing to look after 2 dogs in HSR Layout in the day from say 10.00 am to 6. 00 pm?
OR
A person who is willing to drive me to office and then look after the dogs during the day before returning to pick me up from office?

Any leads will be tremendously appreciated.

^^^^ I am facing a similar situation.

Going through a difficult phase of life so thinking of giving all my 3 dogs for adoption or someone who could take care of them during my office timings.

I really don't want to give them for adoption because I am not sure if I can part from them, they are so deep in my heart

These are my pets and my car

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_square (Post 2160018)
These are my pets and my car

The fifth one could land you in jail.

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 2160026)

Pramod

Not exactly. Only some breeds are prohibited not all. You can still keep turtles at home if you know which one is prohibited.

full grown dogs dont adapt easily to adoption
especially if they are attached to the original owner who brought them up from puppyhood.
think of it in the same way as giving a 7-9 year old human child for adoption after he/ she has known his/ her own parents and experienced their affection.
not easy i know but if you really care about your dogs, you need to make the effort to find someone to look after them while you are busy at work.
which is why I firmly believe as I have said before many times on this thread/ forum - people who lead busy daily lives and who DO NOT have full time help at their homes, should NEVER keep dogs/pets. Pets are a responsibility - in fact more of a responsibility than human children - because pets never really grow up and pets cannot speak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googleman (Post 2159791)
^^^^ I am facing a similar situation.

Going through a difficult phase of life so thinking of giving all my 3 dogs for adoption or someone who could take care of them during my office timings.

I really don't want to give them for adoption because I am not sure if I can part from them, they are so deep in my heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2159760)
You can check behind NIFT - there is a shop called Sparky's who offer kennel services as well. Nice people.

else go to Dr Ansar's clinic in Sector 7. Called MY PET's CLINIC. Meet him and check with him. He is a nice gentleman and you can say I referred you if you want - he's been treating my dogs for the last 7-8 years.

third option is you will need to employ a full time proper attendant who comes to you through a good reference.

Thanks a lot for the info, Shankar. I would prefer the option of a full time attendant. Do you know of anyone trustworthy who might be interested? Ideal would be a full time (10 -6 or so) maid who will also look after the dogs.
They don't need much looking after, it's just that one of them is of a nervous temperament. We live in an independent place that we've rented just so the dogs get some place to move outside the house. But this fellow always wants to be around someone familiar. He starts banging on the door to be let in even if he is kept outside in the small garden (never tied) for some time while we're getting the house cleaned. He needs to be neutered and that's priority no 1, since neighbors were complaining about him howling when we're away at office. I believe the howling is probably because he's in heat. The other dog is a female who has been sterilized, but she's over friendly and jumps with her tail wagging.

where do you live Sid?
PM me with your number we will talk offline
cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidkun (Post 2160426)
Thanks a lot for the info, Shankar. I would prefer the option of a full time attendant. Do you know of anyone trustworthy who might be interested? Ideal would be a full time (10 -6 or so) maid who will also look after the dogs.
They don't need much looking after, it's just that one of them is of a nervous temperament. We live in an independent place that we've rented just so the dogs get some place to move outside the house. But this fellow always wants to be around someone familiar. He starts banging on the door to be let in even if he is kept outside in the small garden (never tied) for some time while we're getting the house cleaned. He needs to be neutered and that's priority no 1, since neighbors were complaining about him howling when we're away at office. I believe the howling is probably because he's in heat. The other dog is a female who has been sterilized, but she's over friendly and jumps with her tail wagging.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 2160026)

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googleman (Post 2160041)
Not exactly. Only some breeds are prohibited not all. You can still keep turtles at home if you know which one is prohibited.

The turtle Dj_Square has is a Red-eared Slider or more commonly known in the market as the Singapore Turtle. I don't think they are illegal. They are one of the most commonly sold turtles.

We are looking for 45days-3 months old Lab puppy. Any reputed breeder near BTM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2160069)
full grown dogs dont adapt easily to adoption
especially if they are attached to the original owner who brought them up from puppyhood.
think of it in the same way as giving a 7-9 year old human child for adoption after he/ she has known his/ her own parents and experienced their affection.
not easy i know but if you really care about your dogs, you need to make the effort to find someone to look after them while you are busy at work.
which is why I firmly believe as I have said before many times on this thread/ forum - people who lead busy daily lives and who DO NOT have full time help at their homes, should NEVER keep dogs/pets. Pets are a responsibility - in fact more of a responsibility than human children - because pets never really grow up and pets cannot speak.

True, but after keeping them for almost 2 years I don't think even I will be able to live without them. Have decided to fight it out. They are 3 of them so can be left alone at home while I am at work. Probably leaving 1 dog alone is a problem, but 3 will give each other company and probably not miss me a lot.

I have never left them alone at home more than 1 hour so was in doubt but logically I think they will be able to stay alone for longer time coz they play while I am away.

BTW, the puppy is really growing up and in 8 months he is already same as size of the GSDs. He is gonna grow up to be a huge guy :)

yes these breed are not banned or illegal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2160713)
We are looking for 45days-3 months old Lab puppy. Any reputed breeder near BTM?

You can check with Bloodline kennel - Gottigere - Bannerghatta Road.
Contact Madhu -9986636346

Thread is dead. Bringing in some life.

Have trimmed both my GSD's hair.