Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 11:54   #1651
BHPian

Needed urgently: Caretaker for 2 adopted dogs

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a person who is willing to look after 2 dogs in HSR Layout in the day from say 10.00 am to 6. 00 pm?
OR
A person who is willing to drive me to office and then look after the dogs during the day before returning to pick me up from office?

Any leads will be tremendously appreciated.
Old 1st December 2010, 21:22   #1652
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

You can check behind NIFT - there is a shop called Sparky's who offer kennel services as well. Nice people.

else go to Dr Ansar's clinic in Sector 7. Called MY PET's CLINIC. Meet him and check with him. He is a nice gentleman and you can say I referred you if you want - he's been treating my dogs for the last 7-8 years.

third option is you will need to employ a full time proper attendant who comes to you through a good reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a person who is willing to look after 2 dogs in HSR Layout in the day from say 10.00 am to 6. 00 pm?
OR
A person who is willing to drive me to office and then look after the dogs during the day before returning to pick me up from office?

Any leads will be tremendously appreciated.
Old 1st December 2010, 21:48   #1653
BHPian

^^^^ I am facing a similar situation.

Going through a difficult phase of life so thinking of giving all my 3 dogs for adoption or someone who could take care of them during my office timings.

I really don't want to give them for adoption because I am not sure if I can part from them, they are so deep in my heart
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:08   #1654

These are my pets and my car
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00183.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00755.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00026.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00145.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01011.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01141.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2010, 01:29   #1655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_square View Post
These are my pets and my car
The fifth one could land you in jail.

Pramod
Old 2nd December 2010, 02:15   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

Pramod
Not exactly. Only some breeds are prohibited not all. You can still keep turtles at home if you know which one is prohibited.
Old 2nd December 2010, 07:12   #1657
BANNED

full grown dogs dont adapt easily to adoption
especially if they are attached to the original owner who brought them up from puppyhood.
think of it in the same way as giving a 7-9 year old human child for adoption after he/ she has known his/ her own parents and experienced their affection.
not easy i know but if you really care about your dogs, you need to make the effort to find someone to look after them while you are busy at work.
which is why I firmly believe as I have said before many times on this thread/ forum - people who lead busy daily lives and who DO NOT have full time help at their homes, should NEVER keep dogs/pets. Pets are a responsibility - in fact more of a responsibility than human children - because pets never really grow up and pets cannot speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
^^^^ I am facing a similar situation.

Going through a difficult phase of life so thinking of giving all my 3 dogs for adoption or someone who could take care of them during my office timings.

I really don't want to give them for adoption because I am not sure if I can part from them, they are so deep in my heart
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:27   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
You can check behind NIFT - there is a shop called Sparky's who offer kennel services as well. Nice people.

else go to Dr Ansar's clinic in Sector 7. Called MY PET's CLINIC. Meet him and check with him. He is a nice gentleman and you can say I referred you if you want - he's been treating my dogs for the last 7-8 years.

third option is you will need to employ a full time proper attendant who comes to you through a good reference.
Thanks a lot for the info, Shankar. I would prefer the option of a full time attendant. Do you know of anyone trustworthy who might be interested? Ideal would be a full time (10 -6 or so) maid who will also look after the dogs.
They don't need much looking after, it's just that one of them is of a nervous temperament. We live in an independent place that we've rented just so the dogs get some place to move outside the house. But this fellow always wants to be around someone familiar. He starts banging on the door to be let in even if he is kept outside in the small garden (never tied) for some time while we're getting the house cleaned. He needs to be neutered and that's priority no 1, since neighbors were complaining about him howling when we're away at office. I believe the howling is probably because he's in heat. The other dog is a female who has been sterilized, but she's over friendly and jumps with her tail wagging.
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:57   #1659
BANNED

where do you live Sid?
PM me with your number we will talk offline
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
Thanks a lot for the info, Shankar. I would prefer the option of a full time attendant. Do you know of anyone trustworthy who might be interested? Ideal would be a full time (10 -6 or so) maid who will also look after the dogs.
They don't need much looking after, it's just that one of them is of a nervous temperament. We live in an independent place that we've rented just so the dogs get some place to move outside the house. But this fellow always wants to be around someone familiar. He starts banging on the door to be let in even if he is kept outside in the small garden (never tied) for some time while we're getting the house cleaned. He needs to be neutered and that's priority no 1, since neighbors were complaining about him howling when we're away at office. I believe the howling is probably because he's in heat. The other dog is a female who has been sterilized, but she's over friendly and jumps with her tail wagging.
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:34   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

Pramod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Not exactly. Only some breeds are prohibited not all. You can still keep turtles at home if you know which one is prohibited.
The turtle Dj_Square has is a Red-eared Slider or more commonly known in the market as the Singapore Turtle. I don't think they are illegal. They are one of the most commonly sold turtles.
Old 2nd December 2010, 15:23   #1661
Senior - BHPian

We are looking for 45days-3 months old Lab puppy. Any reputed breeder near BTM?
Old 2nd December 2010, 21:07   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
full grown dogs dont adapt easily to adoption
especially if they are attached to the original owner who brought them up from puppyhood.
think of it in the same way as giving a 7-9 year old human child for adoption after he/ she has known his/ her own parents and experienced their affection.
not easy i know but if you really care about your dogs, you need to make the effort to find someone to look after them while you are busy at work.
which is why I firmly believe as I have said before many times on this thread/ forum - people who lead busy daily lives and who DO NOT have full time help at their homes, should NEVER keep dogs/pets. Pets are a responsibility - in fact more of a responsibility than human children - because pets never really grow up and pets cannot speak.
True, but after keeping them for almost 2 years I don't think even I will be able to live without them. Have decided to fight it out. They are 3 of them so can be left alone at home while I am at work. Probably leaving 1 dog alone is a problem, but 3 will give each other company and probably not miss me a lot.

I have never left them alone at home more than 1 hour so was in doubt but logically I think they will be able to stay alone for longer time coz they play while I am away.

BTW, the puppy is really growing up and in 8 months he is already same as size of the GSDs. He is gonna grow up to be a huge guy
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:31   #1663

yes these breed are not banned or illegal
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:37   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We are looking for 45days-3 months old Lab puppy. Any reputed breeder near BTM?
You can check with Bloodline kennel - Gottigere - Bannerghatta Road.
Contact Madhu -9986636346
Old 29th December 2010, 04:12   #1665
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Thread is dead. Bringing in some life.

Have trimmed both my GSD's hair.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-zodi.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-zodi1.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-zodi2.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-zodie.jpg  

Last edited by Googleman : 29th December 2010 at 04:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks