Team-BHP - Team-BHPians and their Pets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHPians and their Pets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1153-team-bhpians-their-pets-29.html)

Congrats Vikash! He is indeed very handsome!

vcash, its seriously a cute and awesome looking pup. Is it a Labrador? And very apt name. Pepper!

I will be getting my Labrador in the first week of March. Can you (& others too!) give me some sort of Do's and Dont's for the initial pup months. How to take care of it, feeding, vet checks etc? A pup is like a new born baby in the house. So need to be all the more caring and careful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcash (Post 1164562)
Thanks for the wishes, Ashish! He is such a little furball of energy - bouncing around the house and creating havoc. I love this period with the pups having a blast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcash (Post 1164143)
Hello Hello! - We got this brutally handsome guy over the weekend. He is now 47 days old and his name is Pepper which is short for Sergeant Pepperdine.

days, that is.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dobe1.jpg

vcash: very very handsome puppy.

my great danes
neil & nikki

hey Condor, what's your pup's name. and where is the other sleeping pic. Waiting for a detailed report on how you meet your pup :)

As soon as he gets home !
(No, that's not his name :p )

Till then, how's this :
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dobes2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1173196)
As soon as he gets home !
(No, that's not his name :p )

Till then, how's this :
Attachment 100945

So you finally found a pup? Great man!

And ya, what's the story? How did you meet him?

Congrats btw! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1129177)
Prasad, thats one adorable pup! What have you named him?
(I've send this thread to my wife..she absolutely loves white labs!).

We have named him Mowgli. He just graduated from Good dog obedience school here in SD. He has brought so much excitement and happiness... its awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1173069)
days, that is.
Attachment 100910

His mum's also with you? If not, isn't 17 days very very early to adopt a pup?

@Ajay, you are right. No - the mum is not with us, and neither is the pup. 17 days is definitely very early - the pup is not even able to walk. So have left the pup with the breeders, asking them to let him be with his mother.

Honestly, I really hope the breeders are doing what we have requested.

^^

That's good. Pup needs mother's milk at this age.

I suggest you check on the pup at regular intervals to make sure the pup is with the mother.

Also, make sure you have some sure shot way of identifying the pup when you go back to pick it up. Just in case someone else also likes the same pup and wants to take it home, and the breeder obliges.

Thats Pepsi posing for Tbhp

Donna was one of the Puppies that I saved from the Nisha floods in Chennai last year end [ here is the full story with lots of pictures]. Off the three, one was taken away by some one, the rest of the two were fed by me and my wife in the past three months and it was one of the happiest times in our lives!

Donna was bitten by some other older dog and contracted CDv, [canine distemper virus] and suffered a lot, and hence I called up Blue Cross and made sure they took it away before it gets worse, and because I'm unable to follow up with them, I still do not know what is up dear Donna!

Donna was the most active and naughty of the lot, and is a poor creature, I pray for her to be safe and sound, and no one hurts her anymore!

[I have seen kids and people on the road pelt stones at her just because she was a scared creature and black in color!]

Its zee German Daschund, sweet little Jojo. I am not sure if these dogs are supposed to live that much but he is 23 years old and he might be able to complete 2009.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0231.jpg

Here is my Red Irish Setter, Sultan.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-s.jpg