Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2006, 15:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

since Adil left OD, it's in a pathetic situation; ever checked out the new car section of the recent crop of OD's...?? the safari doesn't have a DICOR yet, hyundai still seems to be manufacturing terracan, toyota doesn't have the prado yet, mitsubishi doesn't have the pajero in it's line-up, and a lot of other discrepancies. i was a dedicated OD fan about two years ago, but now, ACI is top of the heap. the older fans would remember, that OD had revolutionised the auto-mag rat race long ago- ACI wasn't much competition then. but now, it seems that ACI has turned the tables, and has consistently improved over the years, and is the best in the business now....
Old 29th March 2006, 16:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Busa, nice job.
I have stopped reading OD since very long, nhey never seemed to publish he correct information. I am always amazed at the milage figures they publish, like Skoda RS giving 21kmpl. But iam a regular reader of ACI, its the best indian auto mag available.
Old 29th March 2006, 16:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Here's another one - check out OD specs for the Endeavour 4X2 & 4X4, they are different! Just can't understand how anything would be different except the weight!
XLT 4 x 2 - 2.5, 110 bhp, having 265/70/15 footwear 0 - 100 in 19.7 secs and top speed of 142.2 kmph

XLT 4 x 4 - 2.0, 143 bhp, having 205/65/16 footwear 0 - 100 in 10.4 secs and top speed of 203.0 kmph

Did any one notice that the since the car of the year awards have started the cheapest car has always won. In 2001 it was the Alto, 2002 Palio, 2003 NHC, 2004 Getz and 2005 Swift.
Old 29th March 2006, 16:53   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
I am always amazed at the milage figures they publish, like Skoda RS giving 21kmpl.
No kidding mannn!!! They actually published this figure, eh! That tank, Skoda RS with its rocket booster of an engine gives 21 kmpl on petrol... more than the M800?!! Anyone knows the closest paagalkhana where these OD guys can be put in?
Old 29th March 2006, 17:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA

XLT 4 x 4 - 2.0, 143 bhp, having 205/65/16 footwear 0 - 100 in 10.4 secs and top speed of 203.0 kmph
These figures are of Mondeo... somebody tell em the difference b/w a mondeo and an endeavour.
Old 29th March 2006, 17:43   #21
BHPian

I happen to know Sirish Chandran of Overdrive personally and I have forwarded a copy of Busa's complaint to him. he has assured me that he will reply postitively in a day or two. Let's all be generous and give them a chance to explain themselves. What say ?
Old 29th March 2006, 18:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
I happen to know Sirish Chandran of Overdrive personally and I have forwarded a copy of Busa's complaint to him. he has assured me that he will reply postitively in a day or two. Let's all be generous and give them a chance to explain themselves. What say ?
I agree i myself have given them not one but two copies. One copy they have misplaced saying that server problems et all so i gave them another one telling them take your time but reply.

Cheers
Old 30th March 2006, 15:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
since Adil left OD, it's in a pathetic situation; ever checked out the new car section of the recent crop of OD's...?? the safari doesn't have a DICOR yet, hyundai still seems to be manufacturing terracan, toyota doesn't have the prado yet, mitsubishi doesn't have the pajero in it's line-up, and a lot of other discrepancies. i was a dedicated OD fan about two years ago, but now, ACI is top of the heap. the older fans would remember, that OD had revolutionised the auto-mag rat race long ago- ACI wasn't much competition then. but now, it seems that ACI has turned the tables, and has consistently improved over the years, and is the best in the business now....
Fully agree with you regarding the fall in OD's standard coinciding with the departure of Adil. I have a three-year subscription which will only expire in March 2007. Definitely no renewal for me if things don't improve dramatically before that.
Old 30th March 2006, 16:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

I used to read Adil'sstuff for quite some years .. Car & Bike International and then Overdrive. But like many others, have switched to ACI for the past couple of years. It's probably the least erroneous of the lot.

Having said that, the specs section of all the mags generally seems to get the least focus. All the mags have some bloopers there. OD I guess has the most.
ACI does update them. But at times takes a few months for the change to reflect.

In this month's Aveo writeup ACI refers to a "1.5 Baleno". Typo I guess.
Old 31st March 2006, 11:20   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
In this month's Aveo writeup ACI refers to a "1.5 Baleno". Typo I guess.
Or may be that old ailment... copy-paste blooper being in the IT industry you will know what I mean. haa haa haaaa
Old 3rd April 2006, 18:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Any updates Sideways ????????
Old 3rd April 2006, 22:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Any updates Sideways ????????
Are you actually expecting a response from them Busa?? ...
Old 4th April 2006, 00:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Are you actually expecting a response from them Busa?? ...
yeah since Sideways knows one of them
Old 4th April 2006, 01:43   #29
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I have bought... 3 issues.. of overdrive during the past 5 years.

All had such pathetic mistakes (possibly deliberate ones) while posting the facts.. that I have labeled them as frauds ever since and don't buy anymore.
Old 4th April 2006, 14:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
...I used to read these mags before T-bhp...
Well said Boom! These mags belong to a bygone era. The ones who read their text and take (which car) decisions are the same ones who read the Sunday newsmagazine to decide which websites to visit the following week...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks