Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 20:31   #16
BHPian

Re: No one stops & checks the Bullet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Honestly, I find it amusing that riding a Bullet is associated with superiority on the road!

What's more amusing is that people who think so! Just my opinion.
and neither is riding a sunny or a kinetic is associated with inferiority

It is just that as mentioned by fellow-bhpians, maybe it is a coincidence.

It could even be that at one point of time the cops themselves used to be allotted these bikes which were used by them and later by their family and that could be one of the reasons.

Last edited by 350biker : 28th March 2012 at 20:34.
Old 28th March 2012, 20:41   #17
BHPian

If you ride with a helmet at normal speeds i dont think any cop stops you, i have been riding for 5 years on my pulsar and i dont remember a single time i have been stopped without any reason. ( a couple of times for over speeding, or special naka's where they check everyone )
Old 28th March 2012, 21:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

All I can say after going through this thread that the Ad makers for Bullet were perfect in capturing the impact of the beast and came out the most appropriate Tagline, "Jab Bullet chale, to duniya raasta de" and in English it was straightforward and simple "Everyone makes way for Bullet."
Awesome
Old 28th March 2012, 21:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
It could even be that at one point of time the cops themselves used to be allotted these bikes which were used by them and later by their family and that could be one of the reasons.
Yeah, I think the cops would have associated sympathy for the enfield riders when they used to get one too. Afterall, it wasn't about luxury or the adrenaline speed rush to own the bulls, all it was about is endurance and perseverance to live with it everyday.

An enfield owner would have gone through serious trauma through his life maintaining that piece of engineering marvel which made them feel "different" than the others who rarely visited and befriended mechanics as a weekend chore. So yes, there was/is a different breed of people who still love their machine in spite of the odds they faced. It's more of a relationship (kinda marriage) than just a bike and you need to be ready for it to enjoy it.
Old 28th March 2012, 21:36   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Late night checks for DUI in Bangalore have been going on for quite some time now. I have always used seat-belts, and till recently when we did not have the seat-belt rule, cops used to be lenient when they saw the seat-belt being used. Often used to be waved, after a quick check - unlike most drivers who had to clear themselves before they could go past the DUI check-point.
Old 28th March 2012, 21:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

@amolpol, how true, spoke like a true bulleteer

I think its true that cops dont stop the bullets, this has happened with me quiet a few times. few years back near to commercial street there was a check going on and the cops where asking all the 2wheelers to stop, seeing that even i followed other two wheelers to the side to park and that's when a cop shouts at me "who asked you to stop you move ahead".

i was the only two wheeler(enfield) to move on while rest all stare at me wondering why was i left hehehe
Old 28th March 2012, 21:57   #22
BHPian

Mod Note : This thread has been discussed enough, and the discussion is hereby closed.

I am a mangy, 5ft 11 inches tall with heavy build, mixed with that an unshaven look .. you can easily pass for a cop.

During 2005 when the dealer was still grappling with the increased demand, I was sold a lemon. The result of which the bike stalled atleast 10 times from Mulund to Bhandup i n Bombay.

Finally it was Abbu the expert in Mulund Bombay, who timed the Fuel Air mixture properly and the bike was able to breathe a sigh of relief and thump smoothly.

During those days, I was actually offered help by a few havaldars ... thinking that I am some cop.

But later, when I started driving like a regular joe with a backpack to BKC .. I was stopped a few times for all minor offences.

Summary, the cops are smarter than us .. as they are trained to think that way.

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2012 at 12:02. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks