Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 19:56   #16
BHPian

Re: What is your choice of PIL?

Hi everybody
Excellent topics for PIL
If all these were taken up and and enforced we will be living in an utopia like surroundings.
Somethings are not at all difficult to implement like loud horns,no tail lights,jumping a red signal etc.
Add to that the fine for driving on the wrong side or carrying more than the capacity.
Three on a motorcycle is the norm(in most of the places) and it is as rare as a single person or 4 to bike.
In J&K most of the bikes do not have a number plate,just a first name.
Any implentation of traffic laws can be easy even without enhancing the monetary fine.A simple thing would be to remove the air from their tyre/tyres.The incovenience will deter anybody.
Years back when Kiran Bedi(dubbed crane Bedi when she had Indira gandhi's car towed) was in the traffic dept she would tow the cars to palam which were illegally parked.Can you imagine the hassle of going from say,connaught place,without the metro.
Regards
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
In J&K most of the bikes do not have a number plate,just a first name.
Any implentation of traffic laws can be easy even without enhancing the monetary fine.A simple thing would be to remove the air from their tyre/tyres.The incovenience will deter anybody.
No number plates? That is strange. I did not know this. Are these bikes registered with RTO at least?
Old 3rd June 2012, 01:17   #18
BHPian

Radek
Hi
The bikes would definitely be registered.In my opinion that cannot be circumvented.
At time I noticed that the front had a name whereas the rear had the number.At the same time I noticed bikes which just had the name front and rear.
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks