Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 10:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

I don't quite agree - I think 1+1=2 in this case. Provided you have the right software.

Your neighbor and you have an email.
Old 11th June 2009, 10:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
BSNL -
Airtel -
Reliance -
BSNL is good until its running and a lot depends on the lineman and exchange staff of your area. When I had BSNL in village Sukhrali (Sec 17C), the connection came from Sec-18 industrial exchange and hence service was good. Can you imagine, phone was connected within 5 days of submitting the application? On a couple of occasions I reported the cable cut to the lineman directly on his mobile and he was there in 10 mins to fix the things up, that too without any "convenience fee"!!

But since when I have moved to DLF-3, BSNL is in pathetic state. Frequent cable cuts and disconnections were common. I had applied to disconnect the line 1.5 years back and the application is still with them. No one bothered to disconnect and I lost the hope to follow up with the SDE every week.

I have never used Airtel and will never use it as long as possible. Those guys took 500/- as advance which had to be adjusted against the first bill. Surveyor said we can't provide connectivity to your place as it is out of service area. Airtel never returned those 500/- even following up with the agency and Airtel many times. Eventually, I lost the receipt and had no proof to escalate the matter to TRAI.

Reliance is good for casual browsing. They use web based login instead of the standard "PPP" authentication. So, you can't connect any router on your end as it will not support web-login form. I run Linux so it was possible for me to write a script to do that automatically every 3 hours and use my desktop as a gateway for the wireless router. It took me 3 months and escalations to Nodal Officer's level to get it disconnected and get a bill waiver!!

I am using You Telecom since last 2 years and I am pretty happy with their services. Its a cable modem based broadband service and I am on a 300kbps truely unlimited package. I usually get 320kbps. SLA's are strict even for home users and most of the time they had sent the technician within 2 hours.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
I have never used Airtel and will never use it as long as possible. Those guys took 500/- as advance which had to be adjusted against the first bill. Surveyor said we can't provide connectivity to your place as it is out of service area. Airtel never returned those 500/- even following up with the agency and Airtel many times. Eventually, I lost the receipt and had no proof to escalate the matter to TRAI.
Happened the same to me on Airtel too. They took Rs 500 as 'refundable security deposit'. However when I wanted to close the account after 1.5 years, they refused to give it back to me. The CC said this was 'non-refundable installation charge'.

I escalated the matter to their Nodal Office and after a few weeks of mail and telephone call exchanges, they agreed to 'zeroise' my account. I owed them Rs 230 on account of pro-rata billing which they set off against the Rs 500. No body even came back to collect the telephone instrument and the ADSL modem.

Now I am on MTNL and it is definitely much much better than Airtel. Hardly any downtime and speeds and consistent. However, it is slightly expensive compared to Airtel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks