Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 07:12   #1591
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

they will probably not launch the 1.6 much as one may want them to. this will require several upgrades including suspension, engine bed, tyres, wheels etc. net result is that it probably will catapult the car into super hatch space and frankly, given the choices available in that segment, it wont really sell big numbers. also the FE is bound to take a beating and that wont go down well with the great indian car buying public.
more likely this will be a cosmetic job calculated to appeal to pretentious little boy racers who want to pimp up their rides and look different from the run of the mill. it is certainly possible that this will get powered by the 1.2 K series and possibly include some changes in the suspension set up and wheels etc but the most visible changes ( because appearances appear to matter more than substance amongst the target group), will be in the form of foolish decals and sticker jobs on the car!

this is only my opinion judging by the last so many years of watching the general behaviour of the car manufacturers in India!
Old 15th October 2009, 08:15   #1592
BHPian

In the Indian context, ONLY when it is PROVEN that halo models (like a REAL sports Swift - not some silly sticker and paint job) do significant mainstream enhancement to a brand, will OEMs undertake to do this for all their models.

Sorry if I'm sounding negative.
Old 15th October 2009, 08:17   #1593
Senior - BHPian

maybe the rally bit comes from the fact that stock swifts abroad have taken part in rallys.

Till then pl assume swift sports follows in the spiritual steps of estilo sports.

uncontrol:

PS; i'd love to be proven wrong
Old 15th October 2009, 08:27   #1594
BHPian

I saw the ad too. Maybe they want to clear the existing 1.3 stock by some stickering work and promoting as sports version. It doesnt right.. lets see what it is..
Old 15th October 2009, 08:31   #1595
BHPian

I too saw that ad, but that didn't say anything about any sport version. It just wanted to portrait Swift as a performance car.

Here's the ad I am talking about. Hope you are referring to same ad.

EDIT: Realized that there are 5 new swift commercials.

Last edited by Gandhi : 15th October 2009 at 08:49.
Old 15th October 2009, 09:01   #1596
BHPian

As much as we would love a 1.6 swift , i doubt that they would launch it , they would then target a very small segment . which may not justify volumes .
Old 15th October 2009, 11:56   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Yeah. A bit different. Are the facts they are showing really true about the Sanskrit talking Village and the African village?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The Sanskrit talking village is Mattur and its true that they converse in Sanskrit. Its close to Shimoga.
Yep, it's close to Shimoga (around 10kms). One has to experience the village, the people, houses, river bank.
But the other fact which is not true is the Distance, in advt they say approximately 100 kms from Mangalore, but Mangalore to Shimoga is more than 200kms.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:58   #1598
Senior - BHPian

The swift AD is awsome
Old 15th October 2009, 12:16   #1599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Yep, it's close to Shimoga (around 10kms). One has to experience the village, the people, houses, river bank.
But the other fact which is not true is the Distance, in advt they say approximately 100 kms from Mangalore, but Mangalore to Shimoga is more than 200kms.
To add to that, they show the guy riding a KA-19 (Mangalore) registered bike in this ad
Old 15th October 2009, 13:19   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
The new Bajaj Discover ads are also great. I never knew a place in India that still spoke Sanskrit.
Mathur was like any other Kannada speaking village. Then an organization called Samskruta Bharathi conducted a work shop on spoken Sanskrit. This caught on and the whole village could converse in Sanskrit. This started in 1982.

PS: Google search tells Jhiri village in Rajgarh District of Madhya Pradesh also can speak Sanskrit.
Old 15th October 2009, 13:32   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Just today saw the Cruze ad in TV. Simple awesome. But they are projecting it as a tough and rugged vehicle (ads like for a SUV) I guess, with those ad with cruze zipping from the sands.
Old 15th October 2009, 23:39   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I too saw that ad, but that didn't say anything about any sport version. It just wanted to portrait Swift as a performance car.

Here's the ad I am talking about. Hope you are referring to same ad.

YouTube - 2009 Maruti Suzuki Swift Commercial

l
Thanks Gandhi,

That was ad which I was referring about, Simply Superb. I actually wanted to know the changes in that model
Old 27th October 2009, 20:26   #1603
Senior - BHPian

I very much like the Saint Juice ad which comes in many channels these days. The concept is good, it has a good impact - people will definitely notice it next time shopping.

Above all, I just love it's background music. Very calm, serene and sweet. Just searching the internet to get that soundtrack - if it is out there.
Old 27th October 2009, 21:08   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Loved this ad, photographers here will be able understand and relate
The Best & Worst Advertisements in India-canon40d_advert2.jpg
Old 27th October 2009, 21:13   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Loved this ad, photographers here will be able understand and relate
Attachment 216829
That's so funny at the same time a very good ad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks