Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
The Audi A8 ad from the Super Bowl. I love it
Ha ha that was cheeky.

Now to wait for a Merc reply.
Old 17th February 2011, 13:16   #2387
BHPian

Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Just watched amul macho ad by saif ali khan, its one of THE WORST ads that i have seen in my life., what was saif thinking by doing such an ad?
Old 17th February 2011, 13:45   #2388
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
what was saif thinking by doing such an ad?
Let me give it a try. He was probably cross at the guys as they didn't agree to let his girlfriend be a part of the ad. And consequently rubbished this ad for them.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:14   #2389
BHPian

Love the way the lil girl says "Best of luck sachin"

Old 17th February 2011, 20:34   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ha ha that was cheeky.

Now to wait for a Merc reply.
Merc had a nice heritage ad for the super bowl
Old 18th February 2011, 02:37   #2391
Senior - BHPian

I like this one.
2011 Chevrolet Camaro Super Bowl XLV TV Ad:

Old 18th February 2011, 04:32   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I like this one.
2011 Chevrolet Camaro Super Bowl XLV TV Ad:
one of my favorite ads of the whole night. Why cant Indian car companies make something like this . It isnt very hard.

The Mercedes ad from the Super Bowl:

Another good one. But i still like the Audi one better because its

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th February 2011 at 21:52. Reason: Back to Back Posts. You need to wait 20 minutes before making next post. Or use EDIT button for existing post
Old 18th February 2011, 06:55   #2393

As one of the Worst - the highly irritating "Thannndiii" ad for some goddamn Cottswool ad doesnt fail to get me all worked up!!
Old 18th February 2011, 11:49   #2394
BHPian

Recently saw this new Maruti Suzuki ad wherein a guy gifts a costly piece of jewellery to his gal, but contrary to his apparent status he asks the waiter to pack the leftover food..and then there is some background score "hindustani".
This is another disgusting ad from MS after the "Kitna deti hai" campaign. What are these guys trying to do - make fun of "India" and at the same time sell their products to Indians. I find such ads very insulting, though I am sure that many on the forum will applaud the ad for its creativity.

I know that such things happen but can we translate it into a generic statement about indians.If ever I came across such people doing such stuff in a restaurant , the number in reality is very very less.
and as someone else also pointed out earlier, if India were a country of misers, MS wouldnt have been looking it as its biggest market and bombarding it with newer models. Instead they would have stuck to the bread and butter car - M800 only. And how do you explain the growing number of premium hatchbacks and sedans and luxury cars on our roads these days. Why are all the leading manufacturers dying to set up a shop in India?
As for the "Kitna Deti hai" thing, can someone explain if that can be attributed to our race in any way. You pay the Europeans / Americans what indians are paid, and ask them to shell out global prices for fuel - I don't think their race will hold them back from saying "whats the FE?"
I think MS should stop their stupid portrayals of an Indian, and should focus on ads like "India Comes home in a Maruti", "Papa ki kara, Petrol khatm hi nahin hota" and the one where the baby stops crying only in her mother's lap.
Our homegrown brand (maruti) must learn from phoren brands like Chevy and Ford who have embraced the Indian values in their lovely ads always.
Old 18th February 2011, 12:20   #2395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Recently saw this new Maruti Suzuki ad wherein a guy gifts a costly piece of jewellery to his gal, but contrary to his apparent status he asks the waiter to pack the leftover food..and then there is some background score "hindustani".

This is another disgusting ad from MS after the "Kitna deti hai" campaign. What are these guys trying to do - make fun of "India" and at the same time sell their products to Indians. I find such ads very insulting, though I am sure that many on the forum will applaud the ad for its creativity.

I know that such things happen but can we translate it into a generic statement about indians.If ever I came across such people doing such stuff in a restaurant , the number in reality is very very less.
I haven't seen that ad. Can you please share the link if you have.

IMHO wasting food is a CRIME immaterial of your status or earning capacity or whatever. There are many people including myself who ask the left over food to be packed and then we give it to people who just might appreciate it (Watchman, car parking guy, maids etc.). So why complain about this portrayal?

P.S: As an enthusiast and a single digit/Litre petrol car owner I do feel bad about the "Kitna detha hai" ads but then to each his own.
Old 18th February 2011, 12:34   #2396
BHPian

[quote=kiku007;2249475]I haven't seen that ad. Can you please share the link if you have.

IMHO wasting food is a CRIME immaterial of your status or earning capacity or whatever. There are many people including myself who ask the left over food to be packed and then we give it to people who just might appreciate it (Watchman, car parking guy, maids etc.). So why complain about this portrayal? [quote=kiku007;2249475]

Had they made the ad as per your suggestion - give leftover to needy, I would have greatly appreciated the ad for the human touch although I still don't see the uniquley indian thing about it... anyone across the world can do such nice deeds.
but anyway that obviously is not what they are trying to show...what they are trying to show is Indians in general want to extract value (read "nichodna") out of every penny they pay.

am sorry, i do not have the linky and cant access You Tube from office. I saw the ad during the opening ceremony of the ICC World cup yesterday.
Old 18th February 2011, 14:05   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post

and as someone else also pointed out earlier, if India were a country of misers, MS wouldnt have been looking it as its biggest market and bombarding it with newer models. Instead they would have stuck to the bread and butter car - M800 only. And how do you explain the growing number of premium hatchbacks and sedans and luxury cars on our roads these days. Why are all the leading manufacturers dying to set up a shop in India?
As for the "Kitna Deti hai" thing, can someone explain if that can be attributed to our race in any way. You pay the Europeans / Americans what indians are paid, and ask them to shell out global prices for fuel - I don't think their race will hold them back from saying "whats the FE?"
I think MS should stop their stupid portrayals of an Indian, and should focus on ads like "India Comes home in a Maruti", "Papa ki kara, Petrol khatm hi nahin hota" and the one where the baby stops crying only in her mother's lap.
Our homegrown brand (maruti) must learn from phoren brands like Chevy and Ford who have embraced the Indian values in their lovely ads always.
Is this the Maruti ad with the Yacht? If so, its only playing on a well recognized stereotype. It is true that Indians are mainly focused on FE. I can understand how it could be offensive though. The Ford ads in India are actually good. I think Chevy's campaign in India could be better; i see nothing wrong with adapting the tagline they us in the US ("Chevy Runs Deep").
Old 18th February 2011, 14:59   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Is this the Maruti ad with the Yacht? If so, its only playing on a well recognized stereotype. It is true that Indians are mainly focused on FE. I can understand how it could be offensive though.
That ad was funny, though some might have been offended, particularly the man who is portrayed..a man who owns a fine collection of cars and yatches..oohla la la oohlae lo...
Old 18th February 2011, 16:46   #2399
BHPian

I saw an ad recently that I liked but can't remember what it was for now.

A guy borrows Rs. 10 from his friend to pay his auto, gets Rs.5 change and puts it in his pocket. When his friend asks him for it he reminds his friend of some time in the past when he had lent Rs.5 to his friend.

The friend then comes back with some occasion when he had paid Rs.5 for the first guy and the first guy replies with a similar example. The first guy then suggests a cup of tea and the friend says "Tu pilayega" (You're buying).

Last edited by straightdrive : 18th February 2011 at 16:47.
Old 18th February 2011, 16:48   #2400
BHPian

The Ad from Max Bupa is quite funny "Aise sirf filmon mein hota hai"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks