Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2008, 20:07   #721
BHPian

Anyone liked the new Centre Fresh chewing gum ad? Its hilarious but looses its charm once you have seen it.
Old 10th June 2008, 20:11   #722
BANNED

I like the Getsz prime ad, where a blonde (though bald) from Milan (which is in Italy) is visiting to India. She surprised to see a car and she removes her dark goggles and recognizes it as Getsz prime, the same car she drives in Milan.

Inside she is happy that her car has beige but not this. But her driver lifts her goggles and then she is enchanted by beish intertiors.

She thinks this car is specially imported for her from Italy. Her driver (who doesn't want to spoil her joy) tells her that her car in Italy was sent from India .
Old 10th June 2008, 22:04   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I like the Getsz prime ad, where a blonde (though bald) from Milan (which is in Italy) is visiting to India. She surprised to see a car and she removes her dark goggles and recognizes it as Getsz prime, the same car she drives in Milan.

Inside she is happy that her car has beige but not this. But her driver lifts her goggles and then she is enchanted by beish intertiors.

She thinks this car is specially imported for her from Italy. Her driver (who doesn't want to spoil her joy) tells her that her car in Italy was sent from India .
Thats been on TV for quite sometime. Kinda hate that add. Diabloo 1st of all its Beige not BEISH interiors.
Old 10th June 2008, 22:56   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

More comments on this ad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
****tiest add that I find on air is the Getz add!! Milano!! my @$$ what do these guys think! they get and some model give her a whacky haircut!! and make her talk in some funny italian accent!! and we would believe whatever they say!!

Even a beggar in Italy would not drive a Hyundai!!

Cheers,
Shrey

PS: no offence to any hyundai owners here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
What are your views on the hyundai getz ad ? "The made in Milano" one. I think it is really crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Agree with you; the model tries hard to speak English the Italian way; also seems foolish to see the interior of the car with sun glasses and state that the interior is not in Beige like in Italy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The Getz ad is absolutely third grade, terrible work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Well the adhvertisement has to be seant to italy!!!
Cr@p!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
That Sanju Panju ad is so irritating. Same goes for that stupid Getz Ad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Getz ad sounds and looks terrible. And the girl looks like an indian and trying hard to pass away as an italian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think the award for consistently bad advertising should go to Getz beige interiors ad. Both of them are really really shoddy.
Old 10th June 2008, 23:37   #725
BANNED

Thats what the Italian blonde in the ad tells - beish
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Diabloo 1st of all its Beige not BEISH interiors.
Maybe you guys don't enjoy blonde jokes....
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
More comments on this ad!
Old 10th June 2008, 23:39   #726

The new Maruti AD is amazing. It has a stunner of a tagline.
Old 11th June 2008, 00:19   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The new Maruti AD is amazing. It has a stunner of a tagline.
Yes! Maruti has chosen kind of senti tagline, so that people not only buy it for its A.S.S, resale, but also since they are sentimental about the brand. More like a "Hamara Bajaj" or "Desh ki Dhadkan ad". But well made though.

They also suggest people who don't have a car to ask for lift from Maruti owners. So a large majority of Indians(Since only 7% of Indians own cars) come home in a Maruti Suzuki !

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 11th June 2008 at 00:26.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:30   #728
Senior - BHPian

I searched for that ad on youtube. However, I guess its not yet available there. Wonderful concept and yes, I can see myself attached to it as I come home in my Maruti Suzuki Zen
Old 11th June 2008, 12:42   #729
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Did you notice SRK, when he is zipping around in i10, changing from 2nd to 4th gear??
I noticed it, and just to make sure, concentrated on the ad the next time i saw it, just to confirm i wasnt dreaming. So, this is how they plan on maximising mileage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The new Samsung mobile ad with Aamir Khan - didn't make the cut for me. Seems like they made the ad to show off his new look for his upcoming movie.
Aamir has suddenly started to go public with his new look, and obviously to promote Gajini. As for the ad in question, i detest it. Boring ad, and gets VERY irritating when repeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I somehow liked the new Maruti Suzuki ad. India comes home in a Maruti...very true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Loved the Maruti Suzuki ad: India comes home in a Maruti Suzuki.

Its not perfect in everyway, but has a very good and warm feel to it, IMO
Excellent ad from Maruti. I just love the concept, and also the background music. So true, and so touching.
Old 11th June 2008, 12:49   #730
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Are you talking about the ad "Angrezi mein kehte... , bengali mein khehte hai..... " blah blah ad featuring yesteryear's actress Bhagyashree.

If yes, then it didn't include the state of Maharashtra in it.
No, this one featured Renuka Shahane and some guy whose name I forget.
Old 11th June 2008, 20:14   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
No, this one featured Renuka Shahane and some guy whose name I forget.
Mohnish Behl - son of Nutan. But the song "Angrezi mein kehte hai, Bengali mein kehte hain.." is picturised on AB and Parveen Babi from the movie Khuddar - if I remember correctly.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 11th June 2008 at 20:17.
Old 12th June 2008, 09:11   #732
Senior - BHPian

The Getz Prime with whatever interiors is the worst ad ever made!! Horrible concept. I agree some blondes are dumb, but the ad proved that they are dumber. Trying to figure out color with flares on is as good as trying to play chess during a blackout

Another not-so-great ad is that of the Indigo CS. Class matters. Style matters. But in the end your next-door-boss aint that mean. He doesnt snatch your plate in the canteen. Doesnt throw paper ***** while you are sipping coffee. And I guess the Fusion takes a hit too
Old 12th June 2008, 09:17   #733
BANNED

. Instead of taking a cue from Bajji and giving a tight on the cheeks, the chicken head employee buys CS to humble his boss !!! Buy CS only if you have a boss like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Another not-so-great ad is that of the Indigo CS. Class matters. Style matters. But in the end your next-door-boss aint that mean. He doesnt snatch your plate in the canteen. Doesnt throw paper ***** while you are sipping coffee. And I guess the Fusion takes a hit too
Old 12th June 2008, 09:27   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I agree some blondes are dumb...
Is she a blonde to begin with? I guess she must be a indian girl "converted" to blonde with some cheap make up.

Quote:
Class matters. Style matters.
I guess they are actually trying to tell, "boot" matters.

Last edited by gkrishn : 12th June 2008 at 09:47.
Old 12th June 2008, 09:58   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Is she a blonde to begin with? I guess she must be a indian girl "converted" to blonde with some cheap make up.
Not to forget her accent. MILAANOOO ! Argh feel like giving here one tight rapp !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks