Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 02:14   #3046
Senior - BHPian

Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

@CaliAtenza: Sure man. I think i have some sort of bias against Oprah, however unfounded it may be. The lady has gone through a lot of struggles and tells it like it is and i respect her for that. Still... i cant put my finger on it somehow.

The earlier superbowl commercials from Chrysler/Dodge used to have a wider target audience.
Old 5th February 2013, 02:37   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
@CaliAtenza: Sure man. I think i have some sort of bias against Oprah, however unfounded it may be. The lady has gone through a lot of struggles and tells it like it is and i respect her for that. Still... i cant put my finger on it somehow.

The earlier superbowl commercials from Chrysler/Dodge used to have a wider target audience.
yeah i was expecting more this year, at least a Chrysler ad. I loved the Mercedes CLA commercial cause it directly appeals to my age group . The cars.com commercial was good too; "No Drama".
Old 5th February 2013, 03:26   #3048
BHPian

We had a superbowl party at our house and because of kids / teens we could not see some of the ads like big daddy , MB , half time show ...couple of ads were too long and too boring namely Samsung and Dodge Ram
Old 5th February 2013, 10:50   #3049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
We had a superbowl party at our house and because of kids / teens we could not see some of the ads like big daddy , MB , half time show ...couple of ads were too long and too boring namely Samsung and Dodge Ram
Surprisingly, in the advertising fraternity those two ranked higher than all the other ads. In fact, Dodge Ram was the no.1 ad with more than 1million mentions (twitter, blog, EB, etc) within 24 hours of airing it. Worst was Fiat and Doritos for me. Here are all the ads for those interested in watching it: http://adsoftheworld.com/taxonomy/aw...uper_bowl_2013
Old 5th February 2013, 12:47   #3050
BHPian

On public demand, here is the Live young, live free ringtone.

Android users can download the ZEDGE app. It pretty much has all the new ad, ringtones, wall papers, live wall papers, games etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mahindraliveyoung_3.zip (582.8 KB, 152 views)
Old 5th February 2013, 12:56   #3051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
On public demand, here is the Live young, live free ringtone.

Android users can download the ZEDGE app. It pretty much has all the new ad, ringtones, wall papers, live wall papers, games etc.
Thanks Farukh. This to me, is easily the most addictive song / Ad. I have watched this Ad countless times ( downloaded it, and played it in a loop ) and it still rings a bell the moment I hear it on TV. My mom gets annoyed if I come running and ask her to put that, while she is busy flipping through channels
Old 5th February 2013, 14:37   #3052
BHPian

Quote:
What was wrong with the halftime show? It wasnt that bad or suggestive . You mean Go Daddy . That one was not good at all. Yes Bar Rafeli is very HOT, but i dont need to see her in a full on makeout session with a dorky guy. Samsung was funny though, the Lebron James part ties into their Note2 ads. Dodge Ram one was whatever but it appeals to their demographic. I liked all the Hyundai ads. Kia was whatever.
Old 5th February 2013, 20:28   #3053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
yeah i was expecting more this year, at least a Chrysler ad. I loved the Mercedes CLA commercial cause it directly appeals to my age group . The cars.com commercial was good too; "No Drama".
Yep cars.com was fun, I liked the Taco Bell ad, it was nice with the seniors partying. I even found the Tide ad hilarious

Quote:
Totally agree, Samsung ad was way too boring

Dodge Ram has awesome photography, and I loved it for that
Old 5th February 2013, 22:02   #3054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
What was wrong with the halftime show? It wasnt that bad or suggestive . You mean Go Daddy . .
Opps it was Go Daddy , my bad...about the half time show, since the N*****gate with Janet Jackson and Justin T as well as other malfunctions , we are very wary of seeing the halftime show. Anyway at our home we prefer rock rather than pop, my son is getting a huge dose of classic rock via Pandora .

Dodge RAM was really for a different demographic and I get it , we had a interesting conversation of using a radio broadcaster as the voice over for the ad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Harvey), it just that I thought it was too long and that they used the symbol of a farmer into a commercial product which sort of ticked me off...my personal opinion.
Old 5th February 2013, 22:11   #3055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Surprisingly, in the advertising fraternity those two ranked higher than all the other ads. In fact, Dodge Ram was the no.1 ad with more than 1million mentions (twitter, blog, EB, etc) within 24 hours of airing it. Worst was Fiat and Doritos for me. Here are all the ads for those interested in watching it: http://adsoftheworld.com/taxonomy/aw...uper_bowl_2013
I did expect the Dodge ad would be a success with its emotional pull, the American family whom we hosted are from Texas with their own ranch and the whole 9 yards ...they liked it mostly due to the fact that it used the voice over of Paul Harvey coupled with great photography. As i mentioned in the other post, i didnt like the blatant use of the farmer symbol for selling a truck.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:25   #3056
Senior - BHPian

Love this Axis bank ad
www.youtube.com/user/axisbank?v=c25Qv7Ez8nU
Old 21st February 2013, 18:02   #3057
BHPian

Finally, men being portrayed in positive light.

Old 21st February 2013, 18:39   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
i was gonna put it here! this is one heck of an ad! beautiful conception and matches the product!

kudos!
Old 21st February 2013, 18:47   #3059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Awesome ad there. Thanks for sharing Biraj!

I want to thank you and not just once. Heck! why don't I see a thank option on my iPad for this thread. Any idea why it is so?

Thanks again mate!

Note from Support - Kindly avoid quoting posts with embedded content in them as it inconveniences our small screen users. Thanks.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st February 2013 at 20:16.
Old 21st February 2013, 18:53   #3060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
why don't I see a thank option on my iPad for this thread. Any idea why it is so?
Thanks button is disabled for Shifting Gears section of this forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks