Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 18:55   #3181
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Thanks for the heads up.
Some years ago I complained on it about the poor quality VW Polo ads which portrayed idiotic imagery of a Polo going head to head with a herd of Rhino etc.
I did get a response acknowledging the complaint but am not sure that they did
anything about it after that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
You can complain at http://www.ascionline.org/

I've done that earlier for some mobile phone ad, which showed some guy taking a picture on the sly of a dancing girl (showing that as a feature) The ad was not shown after that - may be many protests like mine lead to the removal of the ad!!
Old 3rd August 2013, 15:56   #3182
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved this new Binani Cement ad. Simply outstanding work. Great execution by Big B.
The fun is that he never mentions the cement in the ad!

Old 3rd August 2013, 16:10   #3183
BHPian

Someone needs to tell Flipkart thats kids dressed as adults in offices, musical gatherings etc etc do not make anyone laugh. It's an irritating ad and the campaign doesn't seem like it's getting over soon. Every 2 days there are more of these.
Old 4th August 2013, 00:25   #3184
BHPian

The British Airways campaign 'A ticket to visit mum' is a real tear jerker. Hats off to the writers and BA for coming up with this campaign. It rings true with people like me who have been out of home for years now. One does miss your mom's food.

If this campaign doesn't put a lump in you throat, i don't know what will.
Old 23rd August 2013, 08:57   #3185
Senior - BHPian

Nokia Lumia 1020

Old 28th August 2013, 10:27   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Saw a new thoughtful ad by Honda Motorcycles or was it Hero with the tag line of "Thoda aur aage" (Little more ahead) with the concept how a little means a lot to India. Worth watching. Am unable to find it on youtube though :(
Old 28th August 2013, 12:53   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Saw a new thoughtful ad by Honda Motorcycles or was it Hero with the tag line of "Thoda aur aage" (Little more ahead) with the concept how a little means a lot to India. Worth watching. Am unable to find it on Youtube though :(
It is a "hero" ad. Also talking about the "mileage" when it comes to "thoda aur aage".
Old 1st September 2013, 16:12   #3188
BHPian

The new Wagon-R Stingray advert has quite a catchy tune. Though the car personally, looks a bit too shiny and loud, the ad is quite catchy.

Also, good to see, Ramesh and Suresh back in the 'sequel' to 'Ek bilaang chotti patloon' 5-star ad. The actor who plays their dad is also a known face. Seen him in Lagaan.
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:09   #3189
Mik
BHPian

I have a bone to pick with both the airtel Ads running nowadays.

Ad 1: Bus stand. A "modern" woman is trying to send an email. The "behenji/aunty ji" is playing with her child. The lady graciously offers her phone (pretty big phone) to the woman. The woman gives a stereotypical response - "you won't have it in your phone"
Now - the lady, instead of being bold and showing her displeasure, almost pleads that the phone has email and is happy when the woman takes her phone.

Ad 2: The lift man asks the cool dude whether he would become his facebook friend. The cool dude is a bit lost and doesn't answer. The liftman is visibly hurt. The cool dude finally obliges and the liftman is joyous.

Both these ads play on the class divide and end up showing how the lower class/traditional-homemakers will feel happy when a person who is higher in the social strata will acknowledge them. (The truth being in their reactions)

Am I over-reacting
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:42   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post

Am I over-reacting
Not at all. I share your displeasure. They have a proven record of annoying ads. The advertising industry is in serious lack of creative maturity. The list of other annoying and immature advertising ideas according to me are-

1. SET MAX ad where the guy tries to make fun of his dad's death saying "Ab main badla kisse loonga". Death is not a subject to laugh at, that too dad's death.
2. All the tooth paste and handwash ads giving "gyaan" to viewers by apron clad actors posing as unbiased doctors/dentists.
3. Our deodorant attracts girls. Only theme of every deodorant ad.
4. All health drink ads saying other health drinks are "Ordinary". I seriously want to know where on earth these "Ordinary" stuffs are made and sold.

On the other hand I like the Cross-Polo ad. What a subtle way to make a point. Get bolder.

Mods- youtube videoes are getting embeded in a weired way. Please help.

Last edited by bblost : 3rd September 2013 at 20:54. Reason: Please do not use https for youtube
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:43   #3191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post

Both these ads play on the class divide and end up showing how the lower class/traditional-homemakers will feel happy when a person who is higher in the social strata will acknowledge them. (The truth being in their reactions)

Am I over-reacting
I agree with you. The "lower class" is seen as if looking for acceptance and the elite ones are outrightly dismissive and have no respect for them.
Old 9th September 2013, 16:46   #3192
Senior - BHPian

i have a good laugh whenever i see this ad from Park Avenue

you gotta care for that man hair
Old 10th September 2013, 13:41   #3193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i have a good laugh whenever i see this ad from Park Avenue . you gotta care for that man hair
I find it funny too.

The model, specially, when he is eating grapes, looks very much like Robert Vadra doesn't he?

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post or a post with pictures and videos, as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th September 2013 at 10:13. Reason: embedded video link removed.
Old 10th September 2013, 15:18   #3194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i have a good laugh whenever i see this ad from Park Avenue

you gotta care for that man hair
You should check out Terry crews doing the old Spice commercials then. The park avenue ones seem inspired by those, and are tremendous. Much better actually than the "look down look up, I'm on a horse " ones old Spice is running.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post or a post with pictures and videos, as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th September 2013 at 10:13.
Old 10th September 2013, 16:06   #3195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You should check out Terry crews doing the old Spice commercials then. The park avenue ones seem inspired by those, and are tremendous. Much better actually than the "look down look up, I'm on a horse " ones old Spice is running.
yeah, that Old Spice ad is another stupid one. i wonder what were those execs smoking when they approved such crappy ad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks