Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 22:51   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I don't understand that ad ! Do the other cars raise their hoods because a grandpa car comes by ?

I totally agree! I think they are giving it a (Looong overdue) sendoff!!
*Ok... waiting for the fiat lovers to start bashing me up!!*
Old 12th April 2008, 01:25   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
I Agree
For all those who like me dont get too much time to watch TV here's a link
YouTube - Sprite Spoof- Pepsi, Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone

SRK is looking simply adorable. lolzzzzzz
Thanks a lot motorheadinc for the link. BRILLIANT AD I must say . I normally don't watch TV even for half an hour a day. This surely helped!
Old 12th April 2008, 11:13   #453
BHPian

Sumo Grande Ad, an observation

I am sure all of you have watched the Sumo Grande ad on TV which shows a girl following a guy driving the sumo grande and later on she finds out that the guy is married and has a kid, I guess the girl is pretty cute (& so is the kid) but that is not what I meant when I said something about an Interesting observation, can anyone tell me what car is the girl driving (see I told you I was not inetrested in the girl). I have watched this AD several times and it seems that she is driving a Tata car, if so is it a Tata indigo convertible with a plush interiors and an automatic. The car does look good I hope something like this makes it to India.
Old 12th April 2008, 11:16   #454
Senior - BHPian

I thought I saw a Peugeot being driven by the lady!
Old 12th April 2008, 11:23   #455
Team-BHP Support

I don't know if this ad has been mentioned before but I think it's the worst ad till date. The indian oil xtra premium one where a family pulls up in a scorpio asking for xtrapremium dressed up in space suits saying bahut door tak jana hai.

Absoulutely lame ad!!
Old 12th April 2008, 11:23   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I am sure all of you have watched the Sumo Grande ad on TV which shows a girl following a guy driving the sumo grande and later on she finds out that the guy is married and has a kid, I guess the girl is pretty cute (& so is the kid) but that is not what I meant when I said something about an Interesting observation, can anyone tell me what car is the girl driving (see I told you I was not inetrested in the girl). I have watched this AD several times and it seems that she is driving a Tata car, if so is it a Tata indigo convertible with a plush interiors and an automatic. The car does look good I hope something like this makes it to India.
The car the girl is driving is not an indigo...its an peugot
The ad film has been shot in Malaysia and the both cars sport Indian Reg plates.
(The girl is a brazilian model-just for info-i know you not interested)
Old 12th April 2008, 12:48   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
PSU's only know how to waste money . They must have given crores to PZ for this and in the end what they have got is absolutely nothing.
And is that supposed to be PZ's fault?? Your statement seems to suggest so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
can anyone tell me what car is the girl driving (see I told you I was not inetrested in the girl).
It's a Peugeot 207 or 307 CC, can't remember for sure which one.

Last edited by iraghava : 12th April 2008 at 12:55.
Old 12th April 2008, 15:57   #458
BHPian

Hi

The car model is 206cc, it is quite common between females in UK. Never saw a man driving that in during my span of 5 years in UK.

AMit
Old 13th April 2008, 16:48   #459
BHPian

I wonder how people here missed the Hyundai Inverter advertisement featuring the 2 Chak De girls. "Yeh battery nahin Battera hai", "Baaki inverters ko isne diya thok", "Power cut ki toh bhains ki pooch" are a few dialogs it presents. Totally disgusting and crap. The advertisement agency should be stoned.
Old 13th April 2008, 19:43   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I wonder how people here missed the Hyundai Inverter advertisement featuring the 2 Chak De girls. "Yeh battery nahin Battera hai", "Baaki inverters ko isne diya thok", "Power cut ki toh bhains ki pooch" are a few dialogs it presents. Totally disgusting and crap. The advertisement agency should be stoned.
I also thought the same, perhaps the kind of people they are trying to reach like these characters. No wonders that is the reason the TRP rating of channels like India TV or Aaj tak are so high.

AMit
Old 13th April 2008, 20:45   #461
Team-BHP Support

I find the BSNL shero-shayari Ad quite funny. Nice on that.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:25   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
I also thought the same, perhaps the kind of people they are trying to reach like these characters. No wonders that is the reason the TRP rating of channels like India TV or Aaj tak are so high.

AMit
This advert is also featured on channels like Times Now. That is how I came to know of it. Else I would have never known.
Old 14th April 2008, 11:01   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
just seen the Grande ad on TV. A Guy driving the SUMO Grande and a Girl following him. They both stop at a signal and suddenly from the right hand side seat, a small kids pops up. She looks disappointed and both go in different direction...
Wouldn't it have been more effective if a woman popped up instead of a kid?

Just because a kid is sitting in the car doesn't mean it's his. The kid could be his nephew or neighbours kid too.

Yes, the woman in the peugeot is very hot.
Old 14th April 2008, 11:44   #464
BHPian

Saw the Ad, of Sumo Grande, an observation!! i belive in the earlier aired ads, the kid in the front is not wearing seat belts. But the ads running now since saturday or friday i gues, they somehow got the Seatbelt. Just look at the kids carefully. What software is used to Get that thing in the Ad ??
Old 14th April 2008, 11:49   #465
Senior - BHPian

I've seen that seat belt from the first time I saw the ad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks