My breath is getting shorter, Mom

I'm getting really scared.

These are my final moments,

And I'm so unprepared.

I wish that you could hold me Mom,

As I lie here and die.

I wish that I could say, "I love you, Mom!"

So I love you and good-bye.

Wishing none of us should be that guy....
Old 10th July 2004, 11:29   #2
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Well.... very good message.

But this is not going to stop people form drinking. And they have to drive after that to reach home!!.

Of Course its a nightmare trying to imagine what all can happen....

The only way out is, checking by cops. .. and some time back they did.... and really cought hold of many people here in Delhi.... but now they don't. I don't understand these guys.
Old 10th July 2004, 13:22   #3
BHPian

Wow a spectacular poem and a beautiful meaning behind it..I not only support No drinking and driving, hell I even support No drinking at all..I hate to drink most of the time..only have screw driver and few other diluted drinks once in months..but hate beer and hate most other form of alcohol..anyhow a nice msg..and a must follow..hate those drunk drivers, especially the kids who thinking drinking is cool..

L8r

Old 10th July 2004, 13:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday night, a guy who was drinking and driving at the same time went and hit a truck, head on , in his M800.

My dad (who is a doc) stayed up all night, trying to save his sad ###. By drinking and driving you not only put your life in danger but, can you imagine the trauma your family and friends will go through when they see you suffering like this?

No matter how good or xperienced, a driver you are. Under the influence of alcohol, you are no better than a novice.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 10th July 2004, 21:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its actually a poem...i remember reading it out to the class last year....very touching....it shows what fate can do to you. It need not be your mistake but you pay for being at the wrong place at the wrong time..
Old 12th July 2004, 00:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

very touching indeed
most the the accidents caused are by drunken drivers and unfortunately this leaves a bad scar on the innoccent victims many of whom have died
Old 12th July 2004, 13:35   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Drunk drivers suck! They ought to be castrated (Spell check?)

GTO
Old 12th July 2004, 13:41   #8
Tom
BHPian

i think the msg talks more about ones destiny. no matter how careful u are...blah...blah....
Old 9th June 2006, 12:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thought of bringing this up again to get it to more folks.
Old 11th June 2006, 00:51   #10
BHPian

This poem is a lesson in itself

One of the most touchy poems I have cum across in my life, This poem has got lot of meanings if 1 understands.
KEEP UP THE GUD WORK
Old 11th June 2006, 02:54   #11
Team-BHP Support

The worst thing about drunk drving in India that it takes 200rs bribe to a dishonest cop to get away. And if you get caught by the squad its a 2000rs fine. A cakewalk.
Compare that to the west where you go to jail if its not your first offence and a 6 months bad is not very uncommon.
Old 11th June 2006, 11:06   #12
BHPian

Its a poem thats bound to teach all those drunken drivers to be more thoughtful before touching alcohol...
Old 12th June 2006, 13:54   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
The worst thing about drunk drving in India that it takes 200rs bribe to a dishonest cop to get away. And if you get caught by the squad its a 2000rs fine. A cakewalk.
Compare that to the west where you go to jail if its not your first offence and a 6 months bad is not very uncommon.
Talkin about corruption.... a cop in the west wud probably get around 35-40K USD pa. very decent salary. here the constable dude who slogs his ### in the traffic mess, prolly gets to take home the same in INR. so he is out there trying to catch somebody so he can squeeze an extra buck. dunno who is dishonest. the cop or the system. its all so screwed up.
Old 12th June 2006, 15:06   #14
BHPian

:mad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Drunk drivers suck! They ought to be castrated (Spell check?)

GTO
a small addition to this, "They ought to be castrated publicly".

so much just for some fake ego boost. when it comes to track racing then everybody's chicken but on the road u so so much want to show off.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th June 2006 at 15:25.
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

Got this in my office mail

I was walking around in a Shopper Stop store making shopping, when I saw a Cashier talking to a boy who couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old.

The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll. “

The little boy turned to me and asked: ''Aunty, are you sure I don't have enough money?''

I counted his cash and replied: “Yes, you don't have enough money to buy the doll, my dear.''

The little boy stood still, tears rolling down his little forlorn cheeks, holding the doll in his hand.
Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to.

'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much. I wanted to Gift it to her for her BIRTHDAY. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.'

His eyes were so sad while saying this. 'My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.''

My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and said: 'I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.'

Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then told me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so my sister won't forget me.' 'I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.'

Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.

I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll?''

'OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money.

The little boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!'

Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that
mommy could give It to my sister. He heard me!'' 'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough now to buy the doll and a white rose. My mommy loves white roses.'

I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.

Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma.

Was this the family of the little boy?

Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the newspaper that the young woman had passed away.. I couldn't stop myself … I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was kept for family and friends to see and make last wishes before her burial. She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest. I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed for ever.

The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine. And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.

Please DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks