Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 23:37   #1
BHPian

Story of a Male Car, Female Bike and an "Other" SUV ?

Well, we were watching a nice movie this afternoon, all of us myself, wife and daughty, an overcast day. then came this ad . Hero Maestro, Chaliya Uncle Chidiya Doondte hai ... "Its such a boy thing "

Name:  Maestro.png
Views: 8483
Size:  433.9 KB

Firstly the ad is a major coverup from Hero, first make a Hero pleasure which was " Why should boys have all the fun" and then looks like no boys are buying this scooter .. then make another bike and this time its a such a boy thing .. all is fine till here actually,but the punch line and the way the punch line shows up (as shown in the picture) is not so appropriate for family viewing.. what were they smoking, is there a woman also in Hero marketing team ? Was she out voted ?

i mean, .. i just imagined.

I surely dont know when this all started, but i remember the first time i saw something like this on TV,
Name:  pulsar.gif
Views: 2404
Size:  6.4 KB
"The definitely male", Bajaj Pulsar and again the Unisex TVS Wego.

Story of a Male Car, Female Bike and an "Other" SUV ?-36tvswego1.jpg

The list does not stop at scooters, there are male cars - Sx4 "Men are back", I remember the "King & I" from Ford,

Story of a Male Car, Female Bike and an "Other" SUV ?-men-back.jpg

Story of a Male Car, Female Bike and an "Other" SUV ?-king-i.jpg

I saw an auto rickshaw in Rickshaw Marathon at Chennai once which had two coconuts hanging down in the front, and said "Definitely male, Look at my Nuts", this was a parody for pulsar.

But i think it doesn't stop here either, A butch looking SUV if called beautiful, in which category of sex / gender does this fall - Male / Female / Others?, the Duster, a beautiful SUV? means "na ghar ka, na ghat ka right? " Story of a Male Car, Female Bike and an "Other" SUV ?-27renaultdusterad.jpg

I might be narrowly treading the path, about machine meant for men and a manly machine, but.

no, wait not done yet, The Thunder Bird Baba ? remember?

Story of a Male Car, Female Bike and an "Other" SUV ?-bullet7.jpg

Although this thread is not about identifying the sex of the car/ bike, i mean gender, you are offcourse free to post as many pictures of either genders of a automotive machine and debate which ad/ car company identifies their machines in what way.

Even before i bought my i10 home i had already started calling the car "HER", i dont know, i mean, there "She" was, almost winking her eye at me. the third most beautiful girl in my life, after the other two i mentioned atop. I still dont know why i called her "Her",

Now she is more matured "lady", not a girl anymore. but simply I liked calling the car "Her", like there is a Fortuner in Team - BHP which is a Major, a XUV who is called DUMMA, a guy XUV offcourse.

So what makes you treat your car a guy or a girl ? Is it the looks ? Sporty ? Too much metal ? Obese Car makes a manly car?
Surely the same car can be a woman for someone and a man for someone, then what maketh the true identity of this machine ?

Can a THAR ever be a girl ? Is Nano always a cutie ? Can machismo ever be a Woman ? and what about the beautiful duster ? can a multi colored TVS scooty be a guy?

Cars are animals, monsters, ghosts, vipers, but most intriguing offcourse is the gender. What say you?

Last edited by GTO : 29th August 2012 at 17:37. Reason: Is it Ok now,?
Old 29th August 2012, 17:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Story of a Male Car, Female Bike and an "Other" SUV ?

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to Shifting Gears. Thanks for sharing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks