Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2021, 15:45   #496
BANNED

legal heir certificate

To get a legal heir certificate in Uttar Pradesh (Ghaziabad) - is it available only at the Tehseeldar office?

“legal heir certificate” available online - Not sure if they are the right format and valid. ( http://chdservices.gov.in/Forms/Inpu...eb2016v1.1.pdf )

And “application to obtain legal heir certificate” -
https://serviceonline.gov.in/viewSer...backButtonUrl=

I have asked a few people around and a notary as well. Didn’t get a clear answer.
Old 26th August 2021, 15:50   #497
BHPian

Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Hello Everyone
We are manufacturer of machines, I have developed few technologies which I intend to get patented, looking for a team who can help with patent drawings and file the patent
can you recommend someone who specialize in making drawings for filing patent?
Old 2nd September 2021, 08:46   #498
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Will BHPian CAs please help this gentleman out by replying there? Thank you!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...recipient.html
Old 19th September 2021, 23:50   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Whether this would become a long drawn battle would depend upon how you approach the matter.

The IBC is a very new law, and is applicable only when the amount involved is/exceeds Rs. 1 lakh. This is a very fast process, in Indian parlance. In 90 percent cases, instant results are achieved.
A little bit about Ibc? What does that mean.
A friend of mine is also in a similar soup with his firm.
Old 20th September 2021, 11:42   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
IBC is the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. Basically, it provides a potent and time bound resolution of persons who are unable to service their debt. For more, please pm.
Old 21st September 2021, 08:37   #501
BHPian

Hi, where is your friend based, IBC has changed a lot since it’s enactment. DM me if he needs any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Old 21st September 2021, 09:38   #502
BHPian

Question relates to Trusts.

A group of tax professionals (11 named in the Trust Deed) intend to set up a Trust. The Trust will accept membership fees on its income side and use the same for imparting awareness among member professionals regarding tax laws, etc., by physical seminars or webinars.

Now, all the 11 people named in the Deed have not yet signed the Deed and neither is the Deed submitted in the Office of the Charity Commissioner. However, a PAN has been taken and is claimed to be a valid proof of the Trust's registration.

Whether -

1. The Deed is registered?
2. What is the recourse in case it is not registered?
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:42   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Question relates to Trusts.
Any comments on this?
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:44   #504
BHPian

i have made profits (around 75k) from crypto and I have not yet taken them to my bank account. How exactly am I supposed to account this when filing return next year ? Should I maintain a buy/sell ledger for all transactions ?
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:10   #505
BHPian

My Bank has misplaced one of the property related documents submitted by me for securing a home loan. It is a power of attorney document executed in 1975 at Bombay. My seller bought the property in Chennai in 1975 with the power agent representing the original seller. I bought the property in 2011 directly from the seller through a home loan which is now closed.

Bank is not unable to trace the original power document submitted to them. I am trying to get a certified copy of the power document from Bombay. What other precautions do I need to take? How can I hold the bank accountable/liable?
Old 23rd September 2021, 22:16   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
My Bank has misplaced one of the property related documents submitted by me for securing a home loan. It is a power of attorney document executed in 1975 at Bombay. My seller bought the property in Chennai in 1975 with the power agent representing the original seller. I bought the property in 2011 directly from the seller through a home loan which is now closed.

Bank is not unable to trace the original power document submitted to them. I am trying to get a certified copy of the power document from Bombay. What other precautions do I need to take? How can I hold the bank accountable/liable?
Not an advocate here, but having read about several similar cases in the media, I would suggest hiring an advocate and sue the bank to compensate you a % of the value of property. Lost documents result in erosion of value and quick sale and numerous questions raised about the credibility of the property. This is assuming that the lost power document is the original copy and not a Xerox in itself.

Merely getting a copy isn't the end. Think of it, will your bank process a loan with a missing document like this, in case you want to get a mortgage loan? There is no reason why you must suffer monetary damages for the irresponsibility of the bank. Don't believe whatever your bank is saying and consider hiring a really good advocate.

I was extremely angry with my bank losing an encumbrance certificate (something that costs maximum of rs 1000) and refusing to compensate for that. I would have raised real hell if something like this happens.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 23rd September 2021 at 22:33.
Ragavsr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 21:18   #507
BHPian

Query about EPF withrawal

CA's / tax experts need a little help regarding withrawel of my EPF.

I worked for ITC for 4 years 2 months and left the job in january 2021. I did not withraw my EPF from their trust ( ITC has a trust for EPF ) because I would have been charged 10% TDS before withrawing it before 5 years.

I was giving some exams for higher studies and did not join a job post that hence I did not have the option of transferring the EPF to my next employer.

Now, I would like to withraw the amount and it has been more than 5 years since I first joined ITC. If I withraw the amount will 10% TDS be deducted?

Basically, the clause 5 year continuous service for no TDS is confusing me. In my case, I have 4 year 2 month of continuous service with 1 employer and no employment after that till 5 year mark currently.
The total amount is close to 2.25 Lacs ( if that is of some significance).

Request guidance.
Old 5th October 2021, 15:06   #508
Senior - BHPian

A query to lawyers on the forum.

My 89 year old father passed away on 13th August '21. Myself (61), my younger brother (59) and our mother (81) are the legal heirs, and I applied for legal heir certificate online accordingly. After two weeks I received a message it has been rejected because the mother of the deceased is not included as a legal heir.

When the deceased himself was 89 years old how would his mother be alive? My grandmother passed away in 1977 when I was a young college student. There is no idea about her death certificate or evcen if it was appiled for at that time.

It seems I must upload the death certificate. If not available then I have to produce an affidavit in Rs 20 stamp paper declaring my grandma died on such and such date, and get it signed by a notary, then upload it. It seems there was some recent direction by Madras High Court making certain rules mandatory for issuing LHC, because there were many cases of offspring leaving their aged parents unattended after transfering the property. This was one of them.

My question is, how do I prove to the Notary my grandma is no more? Will he demand no proof?

Last edited by Gansan : 5th October 2021 at 15:08.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 08:51   #509
BHPian

I would like to shorten my name. My main doubt is, should I need to update my school, college certificates and birth certificate also?

One of my contacts mentioned that I might need to update the birth certificate also. Is it this complicated?

Are there any good and comprehensive guides available ?

Last edited by amvj : 17th October 2021 at 08:53.
Old 30th October 2021, 15:44   #510
BANNED

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

My uncle has some land in the village (worth around 50 Lakhs). He wants to gift it to his daughter (my cousin) & my cousin wants to sell it.

I was wondering if it's better that my uncle sells it & gifts the money to her rather than him transferring the land to her & then her selling it.

I think at the sale time, capital gains tax will be levied. I think capital gains tax is 20% irrespective of who sells it (i.e. it's not part of income tax & hence it will be 20% irrespective of whether he sells it or he sells it).

However, if he transfers to her & then she sells it, then registration/excise duty has to be paid twice (once for transfer from him to her & 2nd time for transfer from her to the buyer). So I think it would better if he sells the land & gifts her the money, instead of gifting her the land.

Am I correct or am I missing something?
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks