Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 14:52   #706
BHPian

Re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEA

Justice delivered.

I still; cant imagine that "juvenile" coming out in another 2 years "reformed" into this society.
Old 13th September 2013, 15:02   #707
BHPian

Re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEA

Its a flaw in our justice system - look like the "juvenile" has a license to commit any sin and get away with and 3 year term of imprisonment.

I hope this have been one off case to show the real intent to punish the guilty.
Old 13th September 2013, 15:03   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Justice delivered.

I still; cant imagine that "juvenile" coming out in another 2 years "reformed" into this society.
Didn't know about the lawyer going scott free. I hope there is mob justice once this fellow comes out. I hope people will remember his cruel act and give him what he deserves .
Old 13th September 2013, 15:09   #709
BHPian

from ndtv : Defence lawyer AP Singh dramatically wiped tears away as he told reporters that the verdict has been influenced by public and political pressure.

=======
Now that's a long way out doing his job .
Old 13th September 2013, 15:12   #710
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
and isn't the lawyer liable for such offences?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Who will enforce action on lawyer is a question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
even the lawyers can be punished for creating false evidence and misleading the court . They can be banned from practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
The lawyer goes Scott-free.
If you remember in one of the high profile cases in Delhi , a Senior Advocate tried to influence the witnesses by offering them money. He was banned from practice by the Bar Council for 2 years. Later on Supreme Court looking at his credentials directed him to do community service in the form of helping the poor litigants for a period of 1yr.

A Complaint has to be filed with Bar Council of that particular state if there is misconduct on the part of the lawyer.
During a case if facts or some documents are suppressed then costs can be imposed on the parties. The amount can be as low as 2k or more than 1lakh depending on the seriousness of the issue & offcourse at discretion of the Judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Update: All Sentenced to Death!
Death sentence has to be confirmed by the High Court!
Old 13th September 2013, 15:23   #711
BANNED

@PPS; Yes, then appeal to the Supreme Court, then to the President, then back to the SCI. Can take ages, or with the previous president forever.

Remember phonetically a Lawyer and a Liar sound very similar!
Old 13th September 2013, 15:48   #712
Senior - BHPian

I would wait until all of them are hanged until medically pronounced dead, before breathing a "Justice-has-been-delivered" sigh of relief.

All it takes is one President to mis-use their powers to revoke the death sentence and grant mercy .

Last edited by aah78 : 13th September 2013 at 20:18. Reason: Edited out masked expletive.
Old 13th September 2013, 15:53   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I would wait until all of them are hanged until medically pronounced dead, before breathing a "Justice-has-been-delivered" sigh of relief.

All it takes is one President to mis-use their powers to revoke the death sentence and grant mercy .

I hope the president wont use his powers to pardon these criminals. It would bring a bad image the ruling party . As such the ruling party would be advertising themselves for up holding justice and as though they are doing a huge favor to the mango people .

Last edited by aah78 : 13th September 2013 at 20:18. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:23   #714
BHPian

This particular Lawyer should be ashamed for appearing on this case.. I don't know how his family is taking up this matter. I wonder how the neighbor's react to him.

To me even death sentence for these thugs is not enough, they need to be tortured to death. I might sound offensive, but .. these thugs don't have any percentage of humanity on them, then why they need to be treated like a human being?
Old 13th September 2013, 16:37   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Can take ages, or with the previous president forever.

Remember phonetically a Lawyer and a Liar sound very similar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post

Just a refresher : No President in India's history has used the power to pardon death-row inmates as extensively as President Patil. She has granted a record of 30 pardons in the last 28 months, over 90 per cent of India's total death sentences pardoned ever. But 22 of those relate to brutal multiple murders and gruesome crimes on children, the worst of what human beings can do to one another.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/p.../1/200860.html.

=============
What logic would have been used to decide, is beyond me

Last edited by aah78 : 13th September 2013 at 20:18. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:38   #716
BHPian

Is justice really delivered? Sorry, I have a different view, which I cannot spell out to preserve the sanctity of this forum. All I can say is death seems too light a punishment for the offenders! Period.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:40   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Verdict has been given but given the loopholes in our system, it might take a few more years for them to hang.
As far as that so called juvenile is concerned, what would the land of law do if he is murdered by another juvenile when he leaves the correctional facility? May good sense prevail and may justice be done to her tormentors. She has died a horrific death, these guys should atleast be made to feel that amount of pain while still alive.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:43   #718
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
This particular Lawyer should be ashamed for appearing on this case..
Are you suggesting that we change the law so that trials don't happen at all in India? Because other than that, I don't see how a trial can happen without someone defending the accused.
Quote:
I don't know how his family is taking up this matter. I wonder how the neighbor's react to him.
If he was my neighbour, I would have shaken his hand for his effort in aiding due process in spite of people possibly harassing him etc.
Quote:
To me even death sentence for these thugs is not enough, they need to be tortured to death. I might sound offensive, but .. these thugs don't have any percentage of humanity on them, then why they need to be treated like a human being?
Because if we start torturing criminals, then that will mean that we do not have any percentage of humanity in us.
Old 13th September 2013, 17:22   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

If he was my neighbour, I would have shaken his hand for his effort in aiding due process in spite of people possibly harassing him etc.

Because if we start torturing criminals, then that will mean that we do not have any percentage of humanity in us.
This Lawyer is doing this for publicity and not for anything else.. Oh yeah of course he needs a hand shake as a token of appreciation for his comments like below

"Why don't people first control their daughters? I'd burn my daughter alive if she was having pre-marital sex,roaming around with her boyfriend at night".

Read more at: http://news.oneindia.in/feature/why-...h-1305215.html
Old 13th September 2013, 17:38   #720
BHPian

The crime is so grave that 4 convicts get death sentence. Then how can one person, who was the most brutal, get away with a 3 year stay in a special home?

Absurdity of law has no limits.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks