Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2013, 12:32   #1
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Have a BWSSB connection? Register your well / borewell by 31/03/2013

MODS:Could not find a thread for this, if one exists please do merge/delete as appropriate.

Important for folks in Bangalore with a BWSSB water connection and also having a well/borewell in the property.

BWSSB has announced a deadline of 31 March 2013 by when all property owners having a BWSSB water connection must 'register' their existing wells/borewells, failing which the BESCOM electricity connection would be disconnected on April 1!

Related Links (Source:New Indian Express):
Link 1
Link 2

It's a simple process:
1. Pay Rs. 50 at any Canara Bank in favour of Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB) current account No.0788201052332
2. Download the BWSSB forms pdf document and print out Form 4 and fill it with the relevant details (Link)
3. Visit your sub-division's BWSSB office and submit the Form with copies of the bank challan and latest BWSSB bill & payment receipt (if you pay online just tell them and you may not need to show proof of latest bill payment!).

Once you do this, your future monthly BWSSB bills will also include a Rs.50 charge for well/borewell.

**Though we had mentioned the presence of a borewell in our property at the time of getting the water connection from BWSSB, they had not recorded this in their billing system thus far so we had to get this done now.
Needless to say, if your bills already include the borewell charge you don't have to do anything.

Last edited by NPV : 29th March 2013 at 12:35.
Old 29th March 2013, 18:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Have a BWSSB connection? Register your well / borewell by 31/03/2013

Attached is the form which needs to be filed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BoreWell-Details-forms.pdf (104.5 KB, 5541 views)
Old 29th March 2013, 19:18   #3
Team-BHP Support

We have a BWSSB connection at our place, but fortunately no well or borewell. Just a large underground sump and an even larger overhead tank for a week's backup of supply. Phew! saved the trouble.

What amused me in that notice was about BWSSB guys cutting the BESCOM electricity connection if the well/borewell was not registered . Logically, shouldn't they be cutting the water connection? What does BESCOM or electricity have to do with this BWSSB thing??
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:11   #4
BHPian

Tomorrow is the last day. Got mine registered today @ Malleshwaram BWSSB office. Need to submit electricity bill, khata and last year tax paid receipt along with the form.

Thanks,
Prakash
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Needless to say, if your bills already include the borewell charge you don't have to do anything.
Hi,

I just checked with BWSSB today and even if you are already paying a charge for borewell in your bill, you still need to get it registered.

Regards,

Srinand.
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Once you do this, your future monthly BWSSB bills will also include a Rs.50 charge for well/borewell.
Can you provide any source which says that future bills will have Rs.50 charge? I am not able to find it mentioned anywhere in the links provided.
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:58   #7
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Can you provide any source which says that future bills will have Rs.50 charge? I am not able to find it mentioned anywhere in the links provided.
Look at your BWSSB bill
There is an item "S.C. for borewell" (most probably this will be 0.00 now, going forward this will change after you register the borewell).
On the back of the bill, there is a legend and various tables with description of charges.

Right below the first table you will see "Bore well Charges" that says below it:
"Domestic and Apartment 50/- per month per individual house
Non domestic Rs. 300/- per HP of borewell per month"

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinand View Post
I just checked with BWSSB today and even if you are already paying a charge for borewell in your bill, you still need to get it registered.
This is surprising! If your borewell charge is being included in your bill, it means you submitted the Form 4 (borewell registration) earlier, possibly along with the application for the BWSSB connection. I don't know how the service charge can be appearing in the bill without having registered the borewell

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd April 2013 at 08:37. Reason: merging posts
Old 3rd April 2013, 09:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
What amused me in that notice was about BWSSB guys cutting the BESCOM electricity connection if the well/borewell was not registered . Logically, shouldn't they be cutting the water connection? What does BESCOM or electricity have to do with this BWSSB thing??
I am also wondering why they act on others territory!

But seems they are trying to cut the BASIC necessity to live in the property!

I think everything is now getting linked to the BESCOM RR number.

Infact, this year (2013-2014) property tax forms has mandatory columns for BESCOM RR Number. It also have column for BWSSB RR Number. Plus the declaration for Borewell.

Have a BWSSB connection? Register your well / borewell by 31/03/2013-rrnumber.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
Tomorrow is the last day. Got mine registered today @ Malleshwaram BWSSB office. Need to submit electricity bill, khata and last year tax paid receipt along with the form.

Thanks,
Prakash
How about the apartment? Which BESCOM RR Number will be considered? Any idea?

Last edited by mjothi : 3rd April 2013 at 09:35.
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:06   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Logically, shouldn't they be cutting the water connection? What does BESCOM or electricity have to do with this BWSSB thing??
Well, if, like me, you stay in the eastern part of the city, it really won't make such a difference to everyday life if the BWSSB connection is cut- how can they cut what they're not supplying regularly/sufficiently (water) in the first place! Most of the households here depend on private water tankers to buy water.

Even the BWSSB has realized that since they do such a bad job of supplying water to houses, the threat of cutting the electricity is more effective.

Anyway, got my old borewell registered today. Simple procedure, fill in the form, pay 50 bucks at Canara Bank and just submit it at a BWSSB office, I did mine at Indiranagar, the road behind the KTM showroom. Was a bit of a line there in the morning, but nowhere near as long as I thought it would be. I'm guessing that the last date to register wells is going to be extended, I'm pretty sure a large percentage of households are yet to register.

They only wanted the form and the original cash receipt. Didn't ask for property tax receipt, electricity bill, water bill, etc.

Last edited by am1m : 3rd April 2013 at 12:09. Reason: Adding info
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:33   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

BTW, does anyone know the rationale behind this 50-buck borewell registration drive?

I fail to see how 50 rupees a month is going to help with groundwater retrieval? When we built our house, we got water at a depth of under 200 feet. 10 years later, when our neighbors were digging their borewell, there was no water even at 600 feet. It's not the houses but the multitude of 3-4 storey flats that have come up on sites meant for houses, and not to forget the mega wells operated by the private water tankers that draw the ground water and should really be inspected and made to cough up a lot more than 50-bucks!

I'm even skeptical about the inspection bit. When the BWSSB haven't even come around to inspecting whether houses built on 60x40 sites have installed rainwater harvesting methods; something that will do a lot more good than 50-rupees a month towards replenishing groundwater; will they really worry about 'unregistered' borewells?!

Most people, like me, I suspect, are paying up simply because 50-bucks is too small an amount to worry about to avoid a potential 2000-buck fine on the off-chance that BWSSB comes to inspect an 'unregistered' borewell.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:20   #11
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
BTW, does anyone know the rationale behind this 50-buck borewell registration drive?

I fail to see how 50 rupees a month is going to help with groundwater retrieval? When we built our house, we got water at a depth of under 200 feet. 10 years later, when our neighbors were digging their borewell, there was no water even at 600 feet. It's not the houses but the multitude of 3-4 storey flats that have come up on sites meant for houses, and not to forget the mega wells operated by the private water tankers that draw the ground water and should really be inspected and made to cough up a lot more than 50-bucks!
Anyone noticed your recent BWSSB Bills ? The service charge (S.C) for Borewell has been doubled from Rs.50 to Rs.100 a month!
After I registered the borewell, they were not charging the SC for a few months and then they started with Rs.50 but this month it shows up as Rs.100. I enquired with BWSSB office and they said it is Rs.100 effective from this month.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:59   #12
BANNED

Ours is a 20 flat apartment on the east of Bangalore. We got cauvery water last month, after months and months of follow ups and over a year post we paid the money. There is no sewage line yet. How will this work for us now? Should we also get registered?
Old 19th December 2014, 15:06   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Rather than just a SC, they should have made meters mandatory for borewells
Old 19th December 2014, 19:39   #14
BHPian

BWSSB is organized as a board and they are a law unto themselves. I realized this when we held a protest some 5 years ago at the Koramangala water tank where the MLA (now a minister) was present and the BWSSB Chairman was scheduled to arrive, but he instead sent a lower official claiming that he is not answerable to anyone.

This also reflects in their decisions. Recently they hiked up rates by as much as 50% without anyone's approval.

BWSSB is one of those who have no shame in billing customers even when they do not give a drop of water. For a long time, I paid the minimum dues as well as the borewell charge when I received no water because the pressure was simply not enough to come up the slope to my road. I am not sure, but I think the borewell charge also needs to be paid for wells.

That said, the rates charged by BWSSB when they do provide water are still ridiculously low. People who get BWSSB water in plenty for as low as Rs. 9 per 1,000 liter use it to water their gardens, wash their car, wash the porch and clean the roads everyday. On the other hand, poor people who do not get water pay Rs. 5 per vessel containing at most 20 liters.
Old 16th March 2016, 10:45   #15
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

BWSSB folks are visiting our street this week asking if we want to 'upgrade' to a new meter. Reasons being given are that the meters we have now are 7+ years old and also have the problem of running when just air, not water is being blown into them. This is a genuine problem that we've been facing so now we control the valves ourselves and instead of leaving it open always, we open it just on 1 or 2 days of the week and the results are evident in the bills
They are saying we have to pay Rs.1300 for the new meter, anyone else have such an experience in Bangalore ? Please share if you do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks