Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2006, 14:49   #31
ECM
BHPian

Stay away from me please!!

My another hobby is to predict Quakes ,haha.Me serious and not joking.Dear Khaadu would appreciate if u can offer me some partnership in your apple business and then I shall consider your offer to help u .Jokes apart I shall post when ever I feel something worth I get for all.
Old 31st May 2006, 15:04   #32
BANNED

Hey, Small quakes occur everytime I go to Kotgarh in my palio .. lol !!! I'm serious ..pls give us tips on how to study the clouds,etc .. It cud be a small formation over my area or headed my way and it cud be beneficial to me .

As for the partnership ... why do u want a partnership .. Ill send u as many organic apples that you want except for this year !!! But if I cud read weather I cud have done something or been prepared for it and thus wud have had apples this year as well.

Cheers
Old 31st May 2006, 18:50   #33
BHPian

Interesting... my knowledge in this subject is very limited... so how can you predict a quake? I thought quakes are not pridictable. There are known fault lines all over the world but I thought it was not possible to predict a quake... please shed some light WeatherGuru... thanks

ECM Dude... i hope the material you are using here is not copyright protected
Old 1st June 2006, 13:28   #34
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPilot
Interesting... my knowledge in this subject is very limited... so how can you predict a quake? I thought quakes are not pridictable. There are known fault lines all over the world but I thought it was not possible to predict a quake... please shed some light WeatherGuru... thanks

ECM Dude... i hope the material you are using here is not copyright protected
It is a long story D.P on quakes and if time permits I shall post it here.btw dont worry abt copyright protection in snap case.Ande ginte raho nahi ki murgi mere bhai.
Update no.3:-Expect heavy to very heavy rains in Mumbai rt now for next 24 hrs.B.M.C zindabad!!!

Last edited by ECM : 1st June 2006 at 13:32.
Old 13th June 2006, 08:42   #35
ECM
BHPian

Are we going to have dry monsoon this time?

The Myth of s.w monsoon is this for your information. air over North India heats up in summer and goes up,to fill this place air from arabian sea rushes to this place.Now few things have happened recently which is causing a concern to me.
1,We had some showers earlier in this month so air has gone little cooler hence not going up so moisturise air is not flowing fm Arabian sea right now.
2,There is a snowfall over the Himalayas(Amarnath yatra is on hold)which makes air cooler,untill and unless air hots up in top of North India chances are less to see a big thurst of clouds fm sea to land area over India.

Now this msg is for those who live is USA, hurricane season kicks off recently there.We all know what happened in USA last year and some real dadly hurricanes damaged oil rigs in the gulf of mexico.I am pasting a link to track hurricane here hope those who track hurricanes in USA and here will like this information.The OIL has direct relations with this season and last year Oil shoot up from 48 to 70 dollars due to this season only!!
Here I go fox!
http://www.network54.com/Forum/36974...+kicks+off+now
Old 20th June 2006, 00:56   #36
ECM
BHPian

There are good chances of next round of rain

Specially in Maharashtra(incl.Bombay in next 24 hrs),we badly need rain so let it come.This time it will come with lightnings..so get ready for it!It is not actual s.w monsoon but clouds have come across fm Bay of Bengal this time so must be bit saturated.
Old 20th June 2006, 11:35   #37
BANNED

Not bad ECM.. as I type this its POURING in Bombay!!
Well done.
Old 20th June 2006, 12:47   #38
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Not bad ECM.. as I type this its POURING in Bombay!!
Well done.
You are welcome my friend.We need rain for our economy and our living.
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:39   #39
ECM
BHPian

Wrote on 20th of June......"There are good chances of next round of rain Specially in Maharashtra(incl.Bombay in next 24 hrs),we badly need rain so let it come.This time it will come with lightnings..so get ready for it!It is not actual s.w monsoon but clouds have come across fm Bay of Bengal this time so must be bit saturated."
And its happening!! I try my best to give a red signal but its pitty that no one suggested anything to me on my Goa trip in August !! haha...
Sadly same thing is happening again in Mumbai as far as water logging is concern and same I saw when I was in Bombay recently.I think we need 1 more comitee to monitor the work done by disaster management comitee..in MUMBAI/BMC
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:45   #40
Team-BHP Support

Only thing the "disaster management" has done is buy 23 New Scorpio's! So now they can get to where they are going without getting their feet wet!

I saw one of the said Scorpio's the other day. Dark black tints on it, chauffering some Babu to the mantralaya. Why put dark tints on a disaster management vehicle which is expected to navigate in the worst of conditions!
Old 3rd July 2006, 18:50   #41
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Only thing the "disaster management" has done is buy 23 New Scorpio's! So now they can get to where they are going without getting their feet wet!

I saw one of the said Scorpio's the other day. Dark black tints on it, chauffering some Babu to the mantralaya. Why put dark tints on a disaster management vehicle which is expected to navigate in the worst of conditions!
Why tints bcoz no one can guess who is sitting inside the Scorpio!If I am right for general public dark tinted glasses are banned.Uff...no comments.
Old 3rd July 2006, 20:26   #42
BHPian

meteorology ! ! !

heyyy, this is nice seeing so many people interested in meterology!! its bread and butter stuff for us sailors ! since you'll are keeping track - here's a website which is highly rated ( internationally too mind you - not for the garish color choices but for the content!)

http://www.imd.ernet.in/main_new.htm

freak out ....theres a lot on this site!
Old 3rd July 2006, 22:27   #43
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pings
heyyy, this is nice seeing so many people interested in meterology!! its bread and butter stuff for us sailors ! since you'll are keeping track - here's a website which is highly rated ( internationally too mind you - not for the garish color choices but for the content!)

http://www.imd.ernet.in/main_new.htm

freak out ....theres a lot on this site!
IMd??????Captain you look to me a new sailor then!(I am in shipping business since years)and never tell anyone to trust IMD.Just see how many times it is down.Keep counting.Its images updates 12 hrs daily(horrible!!??)and sometime they say it updates several times per day,typical bureaucrats language..****.
Old 3rd July 2006, 23:14   #44
BHPian

No offence ECM. Been at sea long enough to know a good site. And mind you, it might be bogged down by red tapism etc... doesnt change the fact that the IMD is good. There are three armed forces, lots of fishermen, domestic shipping and many scientists who trust it. Its site is actually recommended to some students abroad.

Period.
Old 4th July 2006, 00:22   #45
ECM
BHPian

OK C.P thx for inputs brother.By the way nice snap of tanker from you.Is it VLCC?Just for my interest.thanks again.

Last edited by ECM : 4th July 2006 at 00:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks