Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2013, 12:12   #31
BHPian

re: Rush (Racing Movie). On TV this Sunday - 28th September 2014

One of the best movies I've watched in a very long time!
A must watch for sure
just loved it!
Old 28th September 2013, 16:23   #32
BHPian

I read reviews of RUSH being fantastic but it was more than what I expected. I took time, watched the movie and was amazed by the acting skills of Chris and Daniel. The best part is that, it is not only a movie for petrol heads like us but it appeals to everyone.

There is a great amount of reality factor to it and exactly as portrayed in the movie, Nikki is a calm, calculative and intelligent guy .

Great movie to watch. I have already recommended the movie to my immediate friends.

Cheers.
Old 29th September 2013, 12:32   #33
BHPian

Saw the promos for this one and was remembered of a racing movie in which Sylvester Stallone is portrayed as a retired F1 racer coaching another driver. Need to watch both asap.
Old 30th September 2013, 18:09   #34

Saw RUSH this past weekend and it was absolutely amazing! There's so much to write about James Hunt and Niki Lauda that it couldn't have been an easy task to decide what to include in the movie and what not. I felt that the movie has been done brilliantly such that it's crisp/short and still manages to clearly depict the individualities of the two lead characters.

Have read much about both of them and watching the movie made me wonder what it would have been like to live during their times!
Old 1st October 2013, 13:30   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Came across this BBC Documentart on Hunt vs Lauda. I haven't watched it yet, but figured there'd be others interested in it here :

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=EDGV7U3vqU4
I watched the BBC documentary (after seeing the movie), and WOW! What a great compliment to the movie.

It was very interesting to see the *REAL* footage and stories, and compare them to the ones in the movie. Amazing.

Here's another interesting comparison of reality vs movie:

Rush (Racing Movie). On TV this Sunday - 28th September 2014-rush-casting-8m7vtxe.jpg

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2013 at 13:31.
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:06   #36
BHPian

Looks like the movie is going out of theaters this Sunday (at least in Bangalore). The only shows left in Bangalore are one 3:35 PM at PVR Koramangala, and a 10:00 AM show at PVR Phoenix Market City.

So if any bhpians have not yet caught it, and want to, it only runs for 3 more days in Bangalore at least. Well, at least gives me one last chance to hear the lovely Cosworth and Ferrari engines
Old 13th October 2013, 22:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

What a brilliant movie! I have watched many documentaries/ videos on the season of 76, and yet, I was on the edge of my seat throughout.

And the casting is amazing! They all look very real. So, do the cars and the old circuits. Clearly a lot of effort has gone in. Loved the sound track and the roar of the engines as well. Bruhl and Hemsworth were immense too.

So, one more brilliant movie to put alongside my other favorite from Ron Howard, A Beautiful Mind.

Do watch it in a theater guys.
Old 24th October 2013, 13:30   #38
BHPian

Hi,

Nice movie a must watch for F1 fans especially those who have been following Ferrari and Maclaren teams.

Also would love to see a movie based on senna and the professor ( Alain prost ) rivalry.

Regards,
Ranjit
Old 21st September 2014, 10:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 F1 Season

Off topic but in case anyone didn't watch the Rush movie featuring the Hunt-Lauda rivalry, it is being shown next Sunday in Movies Now.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 11:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Off topic but in case anyone didn't watch the Rush movie featuring the Hunt-Lauda rivalry, it is being shown next Sunday in Movies Now.
Oh! If you haven't watched it, don't miss it guys. Its an outstanding movie. You'll enjoy it even if you aren't a fan of the sport.

Our dedicated thread is here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...er-2013-a.html
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 11:06   #41
Team-BHP Support

Rush will premiere on Indian television this Sunday (September 28, 2014).
Channel: Movies NOW
Time: 1300 hours (1 pm)
Repeat: 2100 hours (9 pm).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 26th September 2014, 11:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

One of the BEST sports movies I have ever watched. Simply brilliant in all aspects, whether its direction, acting, sound, cinematography, screenplay, editing...

Top-notch performances by the two actors, Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl, especially Daniel completely steals the show as Nicki Lauda. I fall short of words describing how great this movie is.

Please please watch it, if you have not watched it already. Even if you have watched it already, its totally worth watching again.

This movie also proved that Oscars are not perfect. How can this movie not get a single nominee in any category???
Old 26th September 2014, 15:55   #43
RYP
BHPian

Calling it a superb movie is a massive understatement. This is such kind of a movie, which can only be experienced by watching (not only once). The scene in which Hemsworth practices by lying on the floor in the driving position, remembers every turn in the circuit and drives virtually - though very short,is my personal favorite .
Old 26th September 2014, 16:11   #44
BHPian

Undoubtedly, the best movie I have ever seen. In fact, the only one that I have seen twice in a Cinema hall. Once in a normal PVR auditorium and next time in PVR's Director Cut by spending Rs 1600/ticket (never thought I would do that), just to ensure that there's no noisy kid or loud dimwit to spoil the experience. Even the sound-track is amazing, especially "my best enemy".

Anyone that missed it earlier, should leave everything else and watch it on Sunday. For the rest, enjoy it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
This movie also proved that Oscars are not perfect. How can this movie not get a single nominee in any category???
You might like this article.
Old 27th September 2014, 01:35   #45
BHPian

Re: Rush (Racing Movie). On TV this Sunday - 28th September 2014

Definitely a nice film to watch, But I also like the movie "Senna" which is actually a documentary about Ayrton Senna. If anyone has seen "rush" and enjoyed it then dont miss "Senna". "Truth in 24" is another favourite of mine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks