Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 14:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Remembering Sam Kapasi - The YETI Anniversary

I think everyone here on T-BHP and the infinite number of people the Yeti touched during his life remember him with a smile and a laugh ! I think thats the only thing he would have wanted !

I remember him every second and this is how....

Dard Mein Bhi Yeh Lab Muskura Jaate Hai
Beete Lambhein Humein Jab Bhi Yaad Aate Hai

Chand Lambhaat Ke Vaaste Hi Sahi
Mushkura Kar Mili Thi Mujhe Zindagi

Aaj Bhi Jab Woh Pal Mujhko Yaad Aate Hain
Dil Se Saare Gumo Ko Bhoola Jate Hai

Dard Mein Bhi Yeh Lab Muskura Jaate Hai
Beete Lambhein Humein Jab Bhi Yaad Aate Hai

Taken from the song - Beete Lamhein

I know you are rocking the heavens Sam !

I just wish you were here with me now !
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 13:51   #17
BHPian

I never met him but love his posts and love his passion for the community and everything else. This thread brings back a lot of memories for me too.

We miss you Sam - God bless!
Old 25th September 2013, 14:10   #18
BHPian

SAM KAPASI. An aspiration. Yes that he was. He set the tone for a narration that is so sincere, simple, uncomplicated and so existent. Its like when I read his posts, I would picture myself doing what he did and chuckle. Its like being there, and that fantasy world (I would call it so, for I know I had not ventured into any such place before) was within the realms of achievable. I somehow feel that the posts after Sam's time have been such originals due to a precedent that he had set with his travelogues/posts. For a long time I had his picture with his Yeti-life scribbled across on my desk. This thread has given me another jolt from the blue. Its time to get back to the Yeti-life. Thank you Sam. And I pray ye fare well!

B/Rgds
Champion
Old 25th September 2013, 15:53   #19
BHPian

Sam was one awesome individual, lived life to the fullest. He maybe gone but still lives through all his threads and posts.

May he Rest in Peace!
Old 25th September 2013, 16:20   #20
BHPian

I am sure he is happy where ever he is. The mark of a great man is how he is remembered and this thread and the previous one is testament to the life that The Yeti lived.
Old 25th September 2013, 20:30   #21
BHPian

I became a T-BHP member about a month ago. I didn't know about the Yeti at all. Then I saw Sam Kapasi mentioned in someone's signature while I was going through a thread.

Decided to check this Sam guy out. And I am glad I did it. For the next many hours I forgot everything and kept on going through the innumerable threads that he started. I got to know how he came to know Jenny and their budding romance. I came to know his penchant for good English writing and his obsession with having his coffee just right! I was laughing when I read how he and jenny selected the VW Polo for her.

I became very sad when I read the thread of his sudden passing away. But I am glad that he lived his life to the fullest till it came to a stop. I am sure that Jenny, his father and other near ones miss him every day. But at least they have happy memories of the slices of time they got to spend with him.
Old 25th September 2013, 21:03   #22

I am a big Fan of this gentleman and his generosity, warmth and a “Never Say Die” attitude liberally expressed in his write-ups. This was the man who made me a Bhpian, religiously tracking progress to his posts; I was transformed into a Team-BHP addict even though I was still oblivious to the fact.

You would always live in our hearts Yeti, may your soul rest in peace.
Old 26th September 2013, 04:30   #23
BHPian

I remember that the first thread I ever read after joining T-BHP was Sam Kapasi's english usage thread. My journey as a Team-BHP toddler, thus began under the indirect guidance of this magnificient personality. I never met him, never talked to him, hell I never even interacted with him on the forum, but man....you still struck a chord every time I read one of your blogs!

"Tiddlywinks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
11.00 am: Jhats is furiously looking through his bag of tricks. He needs a tiddlywink.
(Note: For us non technical people, all parts are tiddlywinks or other meaningful terms, don't ask me what he really needed, please.)

What do you need?
A tiddlywink.
Ah. Don't have one eh?
No.

Still rummaging. Whish, crish, whish through the nuts, bolts and thingamabobs.
[i]So now?
So now we need a tiddlywink.
The word just sprang to my mind, and as I remembered the story behind it, I just HAD TO read this thread again... "Tiddlywinks"? Seriously??!!

I guess this is how he would've liked us to remember him...as a person who spread happiness and laughter wherever he went!

We miss you, Sam! You shall live on, through your innumerable, wonderful stories!
Old 26th September 2013, 11:23   #24

It was just a normal day when I was going thru TBHP, and saw this name Sam Kapasi--and it rang a bell but couldn't place it. opened the thread it said Yeti Anniversary. Now I have read a quite a few reviews and threads on tbhp even when I was just a browser and had not joined but immediately connected the dots. I searched thru the site and google and read and reread the threads he started. His Pune trip with his friend his accident and near death experience, his Skoda experience and I remind myself I need to learn to write in this easy yet slightly comic manner. I have never met or interacted with him but have read his threads and felt very sad to know a genuine Gentleman had passed away. He will be missed.

I pray for his family and my heartfelt condolences to his entire Family, May God give them strength to bear with this loss. May his soul Rest In Peace.
Old 26th September 2013, 11:30   #25
BHPian

Am sure all of us on Team-BHP miss Sam sorely. His inimitable writing style, wit and passion for life was truly one of a kind.

Miss you Yeti, RIP...
Old 26th September 2013, 14:22   #26
BHPian

RIP, Sam. You are fondly remembered.

Amit
Old 26th September 2013, 16:10   #27
BHPian

How time has passed! It been a year already since we lost a great human being and an awesome narrator / blogger.

It was always hilarious and heart warming to read his many blogs / travelogues / adventures, written in impeccable English and legendary wit!

This thread has prompted a revisit to all the amazing stories of our very own Yeti! May he rest in peace!

My wishes and support to his family and friends.
Old 27th September 2013, 00:23   #28
BHPian

Sam is an over achiever. From his blogs i can feel him though i have never met him i feel that i have indeed met a few times in my life and have spent time with him.

Being a proper mumbai'ite he was way ahead of his time, from his dressing, awareness, attitude, impeccable English diction, his music taste (read from threads he liked heavy metal too)the cutting edge gear he used for music listening, his car audio setups' etc etc were pretty advanced and high end, not found in a normal urban indian. He was truly a global citizen which is very evident from his in-numerous travel experiences especially in europe which few to many can only dream off on a reality basis..

I watch all his videos from his you tube account (sambigfoot), where he show cases his audio system in his car's and beautifully explains that even a noob can understand what car audio is all about.

Watching his videos makes us feel he is still alive.. if someone has few pictures of sam please post here if the mod's accept.

Last edited by sriramr9 : 27th September 2013 at 00:25.
Old 27th September 2013, 02:11   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Thinking of Jenny at this time.

Through Sam, a whole family, across continents, shared life with us.
Old 27th September 2013, 09:01   #30
BHPian

We all still get the cold shivers when we think of Sam's unfortunate Incident..

Thank You for all the lives you have touched, and Rest In Peace Dear Yeti®

Most Viewed