Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 00:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

It's been exactly a year since he left us and his near & dear ones.. I believe fellow members & his close friends will agree that the forum surely does miss the YETI'S presence and his immense contribution.

Surely the cheerful Mr. Kapasi will be smiling and in high spirits, wherever he is..

May God forever bless him and his family. I hope Jenny and his father are well and continuity live the life Sam believed in.

RIP Sam!

Remembering Sam Kapasi - The YETI Anniversary-sam-kapasi.png

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2013 at 17:23. Reason: Adding a pic of dear Sam...
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 00:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for reminding. I was/am a BIG fan as a reader. Thinking of the Yeti doesn't just remind me of the person Sam Kapasi was, his was a school of thought worth following, worth spreading, worth Living!

Love & prayers for the Yeti.
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:06   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Remembering Sam Kapasi - The YETI Anniversary

With this thread, you bring a lot of memories of a great person who had a personality of his own. Honestly, I did not know about him until I joined TBHP last december, and I missed a chance to communicate with him. Though, read all his posts and many blogs outside this forum too, which I can say were simply brilliant. Master of language, impeccable writing style, frank and willing to spread the knowledge he had were just some of the qualities that made him stand apart from the crowd.

He was a person far ahead of his time and with a personality and style that probably no one else can replicate.

Rest in peace Sam.
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Already a year, how time flies ! God bless his family and may Sam's soul RIP, like Saket above says, surely a man ahead of his time !
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:42   #5
BHPian

Already been a year! I still remember that fateful day I heard the news like it was yesterday. Even today I can feel the same heaviness in my heart that I felt on that day. It is just like losing someone from the family.

I never knew him personally, never even sent a PM to him..but I saw a whole new world through Him and Jenny and their travelogues.

RIP brother.

To Jenny, Sam's father and his loved ones; hope you have found the will and strength to move one. God bless.
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgeox View Post
Already been a year! I still remember that fateful day I heard the news like it was yesterday. Even today I can feel the same heaviness in my heart that I felt on that day. It is just like losing someone from the family.

I never knew him personally, never even sent a PM to him..but I saw a whole new world through Him and Jenny and their travelogues.

RIP brother.

To Jenny, Sam's father and his loved ones; hope you have found the will and strength to move one. God bless.
Couldn't have said it better. I still search for Sam's posts whenever I feel I need enthusiasm.

A Great Man he is, may his soul Rest in Peace!
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:36   #7
BHPian

I want to take this opportunity to pay my respects to Sam.
He influenced far too many people than he could have known and will be forever remembered by us all.

Paisa Vasool!
These two words epitomise his thoughts and way of living life to the fullest.
Whenever this phrase is used, whatever may be the context, the umbrella always comes to mind bringing a tiny smile on my face.

Though I didn't have membership to express my condolences at the time of bereavement, I grieved along with all the brothers here. The shock of the loss was immense.

God bless him.
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

The best tribute that one can give Sam is to live like he did: To the fullest!!

I still remember his lines :"Arrey one day you'll die and the world will still go on....Only your loved ones will remember you....Give her something to remember you by..."

This is what I am doing right now and what I tell my loved ones too. It can happen to anyone. Even the best and the safest of us. This is what life is, Live It!!

The very small encounters I have had with him personally and the blogs which I have read over and over have had a very significant effect on my whole being. His words and thoughts touch the soul and I am forced again and again to ask myself the question as to why am I here? And then I start afresh with a new positive vibe all around me.

Thank You Sam!
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:23   #9
BHPian

I went to the Neemrana Fort with my wife a few months back, and told her all about Sam and Jenny, and the fact that his narration about this fort is the only reason we have travelled to this place.

The sadness is still present, and a bit of disbelief that he is no longer with us. Like Navpreet said in the post above, let's try to lead more enriching lives to the best of our abilities, perhaps that's the best tribute we can pay to the one in a million Sam.
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:48   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrebellz View Post
Paisa Vasool!
These two words epitomise his thoughts and way of living life to the fullest.
Yes the words he used to describe umbrella in Superb. Remember his buying experience thread each time I pass a Skoda Superb.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:11   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
It's been exactly a year since he left us and his near & dear ones.. I believe fellow members & his close friends will agree that the forum surely does miss the YETI'S presence and his immense contribution.

Surely the cheerful Mr. Kapasi will be smiling and in high spirits, wherever he is..

May God forever bless him and his family. I hope Jenny and his father are well and continuity live the life Sam believed in.
I'm shocked to see this post today, I was browsing the Team-BHP FAQ's (being a Newbie) yesterday where I read a thread started by Sam " A YetiGuide® : How To Post In Proper English ". This contain elaborate info on the common grammatical errors & mistakes in addition to vocabulary. But I never expected to learn that he is no more with us & as I'm typing this post there is a deep pain which I'm experiencing even though I don't know him.

My heartfelt condolences to his entire family. God Bless them & give them strength to bear with this loss. May his soul Rest In Peace.
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:34   #12
BHPian

It's been an year. Feels just like yesterday while I was giggling on someone finding an umbrella in a Superb, while I was going through dozens of videos of the 1st nano travelling from Mumbai to Delhi, while I was learning to post in proper English, while I was reading how to get a well maintained Landy and the joys of it, while I was learning how to live life the YETI way!

No, I did not meet Sam, and that is what I regret all my life. I googled all I can to find different blogs by Sam, to read different form of his writings, and did read them all.
I still remember the day, 23rd Sep 2012 when I read the title of a thread and logged in thinking it's some kind of a new write-up by him, reading a first few posts, I realized this was going to be one of the worst days in the history of TBHP.

Who says Sam is not with us? A thread that sees 600+ replies in less than 24 hours is enough to say that Sam lived with us, lives with us and would continue to reside at a special place on our hearts. Miss you Sam. :(
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

I really can't forget this date, its my birth date. I still remember the same date last year when I was partying with my friends and, as the teambhp addiction had already taken over me, I opened the team bhp app and read this news. My throat chocked, I sat there itself, wondering what to do. The party ended, I locked myself in my room and started reading his blogs. From that day my way of living and looking at things around me has changed immensely and I hope "to live my life, before I die".

The Team-BHP family misses you Yeti.
Old 23rd September 2013, 23:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Well i am a newbie here, But have been visiting the forum for the past 3 years. In the last week i was very frustrated due to some problems in college. My mom sensed it and asked me to meditate. I am not much into meditation unlike my parents. The other option i thought of was to go out for a ride, But due to ganpati visarjan roads were be blocked. Then suddenly before mom could open her mouth i took the laptop open tbhp and just searched for 'yeti superb'. I went through the complete thread again especially pasia vasool and was feeling very refreshed. Sam i never met you neither did i ever message you but your threads always interact with me and leave me with a smile. Thanks a lot and i hope the tall guy with shorts and chappals is smiling and spreading the smile wherever he is.
Old 24th September 2013, 02:14   #15
BHPian

Never met or spoke to Sam but he is the face of T-BHP for me. Have read each of his posts numerous times. I am sure he must be rejoicing wherever he is. Team-BHP can never be the same without Sam.

Most Viewed