Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 18:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
DCE is supposed to be nigh impossible to get into, for non-Delhiites. Going by the support extended to students, try RVCE, Bangalore. They don't have an automotive dept, but their mech dept is good.
can u give more detailed info on RVCE (entrance test,syllabus, faculty, Placements) as i want 2 turn my passion into a good professional career and i desperately want 2 join a good institution 2 do so. I simply wanna prove all my critics wrong who feel that there is no point in entering the automotive sector and instead go for electronics/computer engineering
Old 30th June 2009, 12:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Time to bring this old thread back to life.

A friend of mine has done his BE in Mech Engg and now wants to pursue his PG. He's undecided about the exact stream but he says he would be happy to go in for either Automobile or Aeronautical Engg. But the question is where! Please suggest some good institutes in India, besides the IITs for the said streams.

Thanks

Last edited by safari_lover : 30th June 2009 at 13:04.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post

A friend of mine has done his BE in Mech Engg and now wants to pursue his PG. He's undecided about the exact stream but he says he would be happy to go in for either Automobile or Aeronautical Engg. But the question is where!
I did a similar search back in Oct 2005. Concluded that there is no decent institute that can offer good Automobile Engineering degree course. And getting job after that is even tough. One of my friend's friend is in Chennai or Banglore doing some automotive engineering degree course. I was keen to join him, but right now he is repenting for :
1) Course is meaning less. Trust me, from what I know after talking to him in person, TBHP is better place to learn.
2) Ragging issue. Apparently be it any institution, if you are not a localite, you are going to face this issue in a big way, quite big.
3) Getting a job. No hope. In a country where influence is getting more important that oxygen, there is no hope of getting a reasonable job. In the first place there are less opportunities and certain press releases about companies hiring are not worth anything. Even if the company hires, there will be some foreign help and always those who have done graduation from India are treated like second class people ( be it in India or anywhere ).

So I eventually ended up doing BCA ( now again I am directionless and planning to go abroad for automobile engineering degree course ).
My inputs are from people who have actually gone in for such a course and now are not happy with what they have studied. Met them recently after I got results for my BCA degree.

For privacy reasons I cannot name institution or name of students.
Old 4th July 2011, 14:06   #19
BHPian

Re: Best auto engineering college in India?

i am facing similar dilemma,want to do auto engg,but i am not getting into BITS this year not bcoz i did not get good BITSAT scor, but bcoz i got <80% in my state board exam

i am considering repeating for IITJEE again(to get mechanical),but really,does this field have no good career prospects(at least in india)?

then i guess its best to do comp sci engg in pune itself.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks