Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2006, 14:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

i believe they arent there but man those drifts made me crazy i scre*** my car very badly after watching that trailer
Old 6th April 2006, 19:16   #47
Team-BHP Support

rumours...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Nice trailer, but arn't Vin Diesel and Paul Walker in the movie?!?

Damn those drifts are crazy...
caught the trailer in a movie theatre.

contrary to previous rumours neither Vin Diesel nor Paul Walker seem to have anything to do with this movie.

they aren't listed in the credits either -> IMDb - The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift.
Old 7th April 2006, 10:53   #48
BHPian

Cant wait for this one!!!!!
Old 7th April 2006, 11:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Would have been mindblowing if they were in too, not that it isn't now but...

Fast cars and hot girls ain't enough, we need someone cool driving it too
Old 7th April 2006, 12:08   #50
BHPian

This new chap does'nt do the 'cool don't give a damn' paul walker and the toughie vin diesel any justice. He looks too meek for the part.
Weird part is that the chap IS supposed to be Vin who ran from Mexico to Japan, and he doesnt even remotely look like him... he's not even bald!!! :P

But ye, this movie does have some crazy drift sessions... especially the part where the cars are drifting round and round up the circular ramp of the multi-level parking lot! Phew!

But really, what was an american muscle car doing in the movie, as it's supposed to be Japan (though shot inside the US), Don't they have the RHD rule in Jap too?

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 7th April 2006, 13:53   #51
BHPian

are there any trailers avelable...
i am not able to find them.
please let me know.
Old 7th April 2006, 20:25   #52
Team-BHP Support

trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
are there any trailers avelable...
i am not able to find them.
please let me know.
go to the link i specified in my earlier post #48 and you'll find a couple of links to the trailers.

alternatively, browse to The Fast And The Furious official website and you'll find the trailer there. the website is is a bit slow-loading though....
Old 7th April 2006, 22:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Weird part is that the chap IS supposed to be Vin who ran from Mexico to Japan, and he doesnt even remotely look like him... he's not even bald!!! :P
No, Lucas Black plays Shaun Boswell. Vin Diesel played Dominic Toretto in part I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Don't they have the RHD rule in Jap too?
India is the ONLY country among all the RHDers that actively bans imports of LHD cars. In Japan, LHD cars actually command a PREMIUM. They are also allowed in the UK, Australia, NZ etc.
Old 7th April 2006, 23:13   #54
F50
Senior - BHPian

Cast: Lucas Black, Shad 'Bow Wow' Gregory Moss, Sung Kang, Brian Tee, Jason Tobin

Sean Boswell (Lucas Black) is a hot-headed, underdog street racer who runs afoul of the police. To avoid jail time, Sean is sent to live with his gruff, estranged father, a career military-man stationed in Tokyo. He finds action when a fellow American, Twinkie (Shad 'Bow Wow' Gregory Moss), introduces him to the underground world of drift racing. On his first time out drifting, Sean unknowingly takes on D.K., the "Drift King," a local champ with ties to the Japanese crime machine Yakuza. But when Sean falls for D.K.'s girlfriend, Neela, an explosive series of events is set into motion.

Source : Yahoo Movies
Old 8th April 2006, 00:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
BTW any news on the official release dates of the film??
There are no official dates on the release of the movie yet. I was there at the Universal Studios Corporate office on a project in Burbank, LA, & we got to visit the sets where they were shooting the 3rd sequel, but the security was way too tight & they were not allowing us employees to view the shooting either. Universal studios is caught up in a movie distribution deal which has not worked out yet, so it may be still be some time until they release the dates.
Old 12th April 2006, 21:57   #56
BHPian

Fast & The Furious : Tokyo Drift Trailer

Guys here it is the trailer of the new Fast & the Furious : Tokyo Drift. As the name suggests its in Tokyo and its all about drifting. Liked the trailer, not bad. Have Fun

APPLE QUICKTIME NEEDED
http://www.apple.com/trailers/univer...oustokyodrift/
Old 13th May 2006, 19:33   #57
BHPian

The Fast And The Furious - Tokyo Drift

Hey guys..

new F&F coming up...releasing 16th of june...

check out the trailer here..

http://www.thefastandthefurious.com/main.html

looks like a B grade movie...but has some awesome rides..lets see how it turns out...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Threads merged. Continue discussion here.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th May 2006 at 21:27.
Old 13th May 2006, 20:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

Production in Japan with some expensive cars/stunts can no way be a B grade movie.

Yes,The movie doesn't have a stars like Vin diesel ,Paul walker, Tyrese gibson,etc.. Maybe, they were 'cutting costs'.

Waiting till 16th june.
Old 13th May 2006, 23:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Production in Japan with some expensive cars/stunts can no way be a B grade movie.
Yes,The movie doesn't have a stars like Vin diesel ,Paul walker, Tyrese gibson,etc.. Maybe, they were 'cutting costs'.
paul walker wasnt much of superstar before fast and the furious ..infact he started off with B grade movies , Fast and the Furious was his first breaktrough movie ..

the lead actor Lucas Black has a much better record , coming as a Ck model starring in movies like Jarhead ,cold mountain, X files ..
BOW WOW didnt come cheap either ... i think its a decent star cast ..with the focus being on racing /driftin cars overall ....

sticking to cars - that RX 7 is hot !!
Old 14th May 2006, 02:45   #60
BANNED

: a little off topic :- since we`re talking about cars and movies,is there any movie in which i can get to see the lamborghini gallardo or murcielago??? not like just for a flash second or a scene,but like a part of the movie???? as in .it should have a ROLE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks