Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2022, 21:38   #61
BHPian

Re: The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread

This is a really good post

There are times when the weather outside is too miserable - too hot, too cold, too many bugs! and for the past few years, too smokey due to Cal Fires in summer. You just don't want to take the toys out for a drive. Such sims help a lot here.

Additionally, these act as good trainers for track days before people can take their cars out, avoid major damage due to rookie mistakes. Even for track day pros, this is a ideal for sharpening their skills on specific tracks.
shree_shell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 02:42   #62
BHPian

I realised even the Logitech G920 is not widely available in India. I have an Xbox one X and with some research in the past two days I realised the ideal set up is a Fanatec DD based set up (base + wheels + clamp + pedals) will cost approx 80K that too if purchased in the US. Funny thing is off late sim racing seems to have taken off and most Fanatec products are only available to pre order with waiting time of 3-5 months.

I think I will start exploring with G920 + XBOX for now and may be upgrade to DD + PC in couple of years.

Last edited by Godzilla : 14th January 2022 at 02:48.
Godzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 18:20   #63
BHPian

So happy to find Esports lovers on team bhp. I have been gaming on my Xbox series x and ps5 and ps4 before that, and have played most of the motorsports games like Forza Horizon 4 and 5, Dirt rally 5, F1 2020, MotoGP 2019, etc and was seriously considering a simulator setup this year, but then stopped as I had spent enough already on upgrading my consoles this year. Maybe next year will think about getting a basic simulator setup. On second thoughts we can play games like Forza horizon together.
Old 16th January 2022, 19:49   #64
BHPian

I have a 9 year old basic Thrustmaster wheel. It does not have force feedback and is made of flimsy plastic. It only has two static springs to recenter the wheel after turns...and even that is so much more fun than a controller for racing games.

I play a lot of F1 2021, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally and Forza.

Have been wanting to upgrade to a better wheel for a long time. Being a student I'm saving up slowly but seeing that the Logitech G29 is fairly reliable...I would prefer getting a pre owned example.

If anyone is looking to pass on their old wheel, do let me know! Would be really grateful.

Happy gaming everyone
Old 17th January 2022, 00:43   #65
BHPian

If anyone's interested, the g29 is 3k off from its usual 27k price tag on Flipkart during the Republic day sale. Add icici card and you'll get it for somewhere around 22.5k. Just ordered mine
siren373 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 09:15   #66
BHPian

Oh Lovely thread, Thank you.
I have a small dedicated sim rig myself.

The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-20211025_194753.jpg The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-20211025_194823.jpg The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-20211025_195406.jpg

Its a Sim-Labs GT1.EVO Chassis , Oculus Rift S , Thrustmaster TX-RW , Thrustmaster T-LCM , Buttkicker SimulationKit powered by a Pinoeer Car AMP , 38inch ultra wide moitor. run via a Custom Water Cooled PC (AMD 5900x n 3080ti). Built up slowly over the last few years.

The Buttikicker Simulation Kit is a Haptic Transducer, which vibrates my entire rig from the LFE channels built into iRacing. Other third part software can be used for other games too.
Its much easier to figure out tire slip, engine RPM's Gear shifts right in the rig vibration or seat itself.

I have only been playing iRacing? Any of you guys on that too?
Would love to add some Team-Bhp members there.

I also paint as a hobby for iracing/Tradingpaints and have about a hundred fellow racers racing my paints in iRacing. Here are some popular ones I did for the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Car (992):

Name:  Screenshot 20220117 092620.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  70.3 KBName:  Screenshot 20220117 092506.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  77.5 KBName:  Screenshot 20220117 092646.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  55.4 KBName:  Screenshot 20220117 092546.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  82.6 KB

Needless to say I have been driving in the Porsche Cup Fixed/Open last 2 seasons on iRacing.

Last edited by nanu28 : 17th January 2022 at 09:38.
nanu28 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 19:37   #67
BHPian

I am looking for setting up a sim driving setup in my home. I am absolutely newbie. May I please know, which are the required things to purchase. I want a shifter as well.

I will use the setup to teach preliminary driving to my dad and mom and can use myself for sim racing as well as sim driving. I have a budget of approximately 1 lac except pc.

1. Name of the required parts
2. Suggested sim driving games for pc

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th January 2022, 14:05   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
I am looking for setting up a sim driving setup in my home. I am absolutely newbie. May I please know, which are the required things to purchase. I want a shifter as well.

I will use the setup to teach preliminary driving to my dad and mom and can use myself for sim racing as well as sim driving. I have a budget of approximately 1 lac except pc.

1. Name of the required parts
2. Suggested sim driving games for pc

Thanks in advance.
I don't think you can go wrong with a Logitech G29 and gear shifter combo as sold on amazon.in:
https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-Drivi...s%2C334&sr=8-3

For the stand, you can have one locally made(I am no expert at simulators, but thats what i think) or you can buy one readily made off of amazon.

As for the games, I usually play ETS2, Forza, Asseto Corsa and NFS when it comes to driving games but not specifically simulation.
CzechItaliaMoto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 16:08   #69
BHPian

Wow, i never knew such a thread existed. I have been playing since the past year or so on the logitech G29 with the shifter. Fanatec seems to be a dream to procure in India.

Currently playing through my Asus tuf a15 connected to a new monitor I recently got. The Samsung Odyssey G5. Some of the titles I play are Project Cars 2, Beam NG/MP, car x drift, FH4 etc.

Can anyone help me source a usb handbrake in India ( specifically Delhi NCR). It was easier to procure once aliexpress used to ship but not its very difficult. Amazon India has some options but not too sure about the authencity.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-20220114_204051.jpg  

The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread-20220114_204014.jpg  

aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 07:00   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
...since a couple of weeks, Snow Runner. Not into racing or anything competitive, which is why I think I'm enjoying Snow Runner so much...
Not sure if you are into using mods for SR, I just published a fun mod based on Ford Figo: https://snowrunner.mod.io/tdt-ford-figo
sara.ramli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 16:44   #71
BHPian

Great thread and good to see the sim racing community in India growing. I’m actually surprised we don’t have a bigger community of sim racers in India already.

Are there any good WhatsApp groups/FB groups for sim racers?
Old 11th February 2022, 11:52   #72
BHPian

Is the semi conductor shortage hitting the console availability too ? Not able to find a ps4 console in flipkart of Amazon since 4-5 months.

Will try visiting the brick and mortar stores this weekend to check.

Is PS4 console still a good purchase considering PS5 is realized ? I can't extend my budget to ps5 which anyway is rare.

My worry is if I go for the PS4 how long can I keep it. My games are primarily the racing simulation ones and Call of duty.

Please advise as I will need to purchase soon.
Old 13th February 2022, 13:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesnat View Post
Great thread and good to see the sim racing community in India growing. I’m actually surprised we don’t have a bigger community of sim racers in India already.

Are there any good WhatsApp groups/FB groups for sim racers?
Thats good idea. We can have a group for sim-racers.
If anyone plays on PC (Steam) please drop in your Steam ID and I will add you. We can play online sometimes
Old 18th February 2022, 17:38   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post
Great to see a thread on this

Have been using this setup for over 2 years now. Planning to get a dedicated racing wheel stand/mount for better ergonomics.
Hey! I'm running the same configuration from a PS4, and been racing on GT Sport.
Lets race sometime! Do DM me your psn id

I'm pretty comfortable with the paddle shifters, so haven't got the gear shift yet.
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:22   #75
BANNED

Sim Rig / Motion Platform options India...?!?

Hi,

I've been using my g29 since 2 yrs on my desk, but would like to now get a dedicated rig.

Anyone using a Sim Rig / Motion Platform ?

Please share options and feedback.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks