Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:36   #76
BHPian

Re: The Sim (simulated) Racing Thread

Question :
While the Logitech G29 comes with paddle shifftters do we still have the need to purchase the gear shifter separately ? When the shifters do the job of a manual transmission ( of course not at the level of the gear shifter) is it still advisable to go for it.

I am a newbie trying to get into sim racing hence asking before I get into the purchasing mode.
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:28   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Question :
While the Logitech G29 comes with paddle shifftters do we still have the need to purchase the gear shifter separately ? When the shifters do the job of a manual transmission ( of course not at the level of the gear shifter) is it still advisable to go for it.

I am a newbie trying to get into sim racing hence asking before I get into the purchasing mode.
Recently purchased a G29. You don't need to buy the gear shifter separately unless you want to experience the fun of pressing the clutch pedal every time. Paddle shifter works well otherwise on the G29.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 17:19   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Question :

Just got my G29 with a shifter a month ago. It depends on which games you play. If you play more arcadey games like Forza which I do as well, the faster cars in these games are so fast that it is practically impossible to use a shifter in a race. But for cars up to around 0-100 kph in >7 seconds, I have a great time using the shifter and it is a lot more satisfying.

If you primarily play GT racing or F1, there is very little use for the shifter.

However I also play Dirt Rally which again is a lot of fun with the clutch and shifter. You need to take a decision based on what you will be playing I feel.
sauravpat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 15:52   #79
BHPian

anyone with a Thrustmaster setup able to find a local repair person in their city who can fix/repair a Thrustmaster Wheel?

Thanks.
Old 7th June 2022, 17:09   #80

Heya folks,

I have a Thrustmaster T300RS GT edition. I got it around mid last year and as amazing as the rig is, I have had very few opportunities to actually use it. Less than 50 hours in total.

It's as good as new if someone's interested, reach out to me on wa.me/+919864138997

Going at 30k.

Most Viewed