Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 16:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday, Kishore Kumar (4th August)

Folks! Many came and many went but his persona left an everlasting impression on the Indian cinema. Born on August 4 1929, Kishore Da was one of the most versatile artist of those times. Be it his evergreen songs or his comic acting in movie Padosan (Mere samne wali khidki mai ek chand ka tukda rehta hai) his magic left everyone spellbound and wanting for more.

Today is his birthday, So common let's salute and let's relive the life time of Shri Kishore Kumar.

Happy Birthday Kishore Sahab!

Happy Birthday, Kishore Kumar (4th August)-19thanniv.jpg

Pic: http://www.yoodleeyoo.com/images/19thanniv.jpg

Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 16:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Happy Birthday, Kishore Kumar (4th August)

Hope you guys checked Google doodle for today:
Attached Thumbnails
Happy Birthday, Kishore Kumar (4th August)-kishore.png  

Old 4th August 2014, 17:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The incomparable legend. One of my favorites. Happy Birthday! He was and will remain one of the most versatile person our film industry has witnesses. Singer, actor, music director, director, producer and lot more. His voice will always be in our hearts.
Old 4th August 2014, 17:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Many singers have come and gone. But Kishore Kumar has managed to stay on.

His legend can and will never die.
A talent so rare that even in the 2K millennium. any online poll for best singer ever(male) has him as the autonomous favorite.

So popular even in generations much after his death speaks volumes of his legacy.

You will live in our hearts through your music always!!!
Old 5th August 2014, 08:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

One of the gems of the trio witnessed by Indian Music & film industry (other two being Mohd Rafi and Mukesh). Also my personal favourite, have more 200+ song collections of Kishore da in all moods. He made lives of a many a superstars such as Dev Anand, Rajesh Khanna, Amitabh B etc. he it seems was too possessive of his earnings and had thie weird habit of counting his money before going to sleep at night.

Even today his songs are most preferred during reality shows, competitions etc. Goes to depth to show much has his songs influenced the younger generations too.

Salute the Maestro.
Old 5th August 2014, 08:35   #6
Team-BHP Support

A note on Kishore:

A thing which I have noticed (or it it just me?) is there is a huge group of music lovers who majorly love Kishore for all his 70s songs. And many I think dont follow much about the 50/60s scene. But if you see his work with SD (and not RD), esp the one he sang for Dev in 50s/60s, its a totally different play altogether.
Old 5th August 2014, 09:38   #7

Praise to the lord who provided us with such a talent. Yesterday my ears were dedicated to his songs where ever i traveled. "Chooker mere mann ko", "Chehra hai ya chand", "Tere jaisa yaar kaha" and "Hume aur jeene ki chahat na hoti" are few of my favorites. Miss you Sir.
Old 5th August 2014, 11:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
A note on Kishore:

A thing which I have noticed (or it it just me?) is there is a huge group of music lovers who majorly love Kishore for all his 70s songs. And many I think dont follow much about the 50/60s scene. But if you see his work with SD (and not RD), esp the one he sang for Dev in 50s/60s, its a totally different play altogether.
Agreed.
I absolutely like his work in the pre-color era!
Old 5th August 2014, 12:19   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Agreed.
I absolutely like his work in the pre-color era!
Exactly! Thats what I was talking about. The movie Aradhana is the one which many consider him to have arrived.

But the Black and white era and the early colour era have seen some amazing voice by him. In fact in 70s, his voice was beginning to mature a bit. The freshness of his 50s/60s is some thing which I still vote for.
Old 5th August 2014, 12:27   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Exactly! Thats what I was talking about. The movie Aradhana is the one which many consider him to have arrived.

But the Black and white era and the early colour era have seen some amazing voice by him. In fact in 70s, his voice was beginning to mature a bit. The freshness of his 50s/60s is some thing which I still vote for.
Agree, songs in the B&W movies were whacky. Became a lot more saner after that. Love the guy.

In the Hindi movie scene there has been hardly anyone else whose genre was so large. I still watch his 'Half Ticket'
Old 5th August 2014, 15:43   #11
BHPian

Re: Happy Birthday, Kishore Kumar (4th August)

A versatile singer and actor. My favourite song, "Aane waala pal jaane waala hai...""
Old 5th August 2014, 23:11   #12
BHPian

Hi everybody
A tidbit.
Late 1970s V.C.Shukla,the then IB minister, stopped Vividh Bharti and Doordarshan from broadcasting his songs. Reason being that KK refused to attend an Indian National Congress program.
The result : Listeners stopped listening to vividh bharti
DD : There was no choice
Regards
PS: 3 songs that I have loved from my school/college days. Wonder if you know I am 70 years old . c) is for persons aspiring for a dream house which only remains a dream Unfortunately we cant get away from our high rises. And a) is for salaried people who know the importance of the 1st day of the month.I used to get my pocket allowance
a)
b)
c)

Last edited by faustus77 : 5th August 2014 at 23:27.
Old 5th August 2014, 23:27   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
PS: 3 songs that I have loved from my school/college days. Wonder if you know I am 70 years old . c) is for persons aspiring for a dream house which only remains a dream. We cant get away from our high rises.
You are surely a senior sir. But yes even I too grew up to these very songs that you linked. And yes, I grew with the Vivid Bharati too (and also AIR Urdu Service)

All the 50s/60s songs are gems. Very difficult to name. But almost all Majrooh (Sahir & Shailendra)/SD/Dev/Kishore combo are indelible from memory. Nau Do Gyarah, Paying Guest, Munim Ji, Shararat are some which I just cant forget. The others being Half Ticket, Chalti ka Naam Gaadi, Dilli Ka Thag etc. Chalti Ka Naam Gadi requires a special mention!

Last edited by noopster : 6th August 2014 at 17:43. Reason: Corrected!
Old 6th August 2014, 17:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

The evergreen Kishore Da is synonymous with the evergreen songs of Jhumroo! Here is a video from Youtube:

Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 17:55   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Spun these two LP records of the maestro on that special day on my Technics turntable:

Happy Birthday, Kishore Kumar (4th August)-kishorekumarealp4001a47099500x500.jpg

Happy Birthday, Kishore Kumar (4th August)-kishorekumarmelodiestorememeberoriginalangelrelease3351p.jpeg

(Images taken from the internet. Not actual images of the records that I have)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks