Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 16:23   #16
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Man killed over argument on the pros & cons of the Mahindra Reva

Somehow I am not too surprised. Among enthusiasts, cars are spoken about with lot of love, respect, admiration and what not. I have a whole bunch of BHPian friends. In-person and over whatsApp, quite a few 'debates' happen regularly, typically fueled by one of the following lines:
- Hyundais are boats
- vtec kicked in yo
- Another Skoda horror story
- Tata Motors suck big time
- Only #$%& buy the Thar

There are lots of fan-boys out there and some debates can and do easily get out of hand once in a while. The end-result is not as dramatic, but add a potent mix of raging harmones along with some special liquids, and then anything is possible.

Last edited by SDP : 26th August 2014 at 16:36.
Old 26th August 2014, 20:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Man killed over argument on the pros & cons of the Mahindra Reva

In my opinion, there is a significant population that takes a minor/ fun discussion to heart and converts it into a debate. Weak Psychology, too much involvement into a particular object or even knowing too much about a particular thing (in this case cars) can often lead to difference of opinions and ultimately a fist fight as well.

I am openly admitting this, Team Bhp as a car-discussion forum is extremely well managed and has firmly laid down a decent communication protocol. It is not a hidden thing that often there are disagreements over here but everything remains in control and we as sane people never cross the line whether online or even off-line.

Common man! Are cars more worthy than a human life? Being passionate is one thing and being obsessive about a particular thing is dangerous.

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 09:54   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Man killed over argument on the pros & cons of the Mahindra Reva

Don't think it was a matter of defending the Reva as much as it was about the EGO of the murderer.

A scoundrel who needs to be hanged without doubt. If you take someone's life, the law of the land should take yours...as simple as that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks