Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 16:55   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is it india shining.?,I made an online Complaint, the resturant owner is on his k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
This is cheating.

Maybe you guys from around there make them realize that their cheating is being noticed.
+1. Everyone go unnotice [even knowingly] and this will never stop.

OT: Last weekend I went to Mysore palace.

I see many people giving money for the person who stores the footwear. Eventhough the place to store your footwear is free, he asked for money. When I asked him why we should, He says

"Because your shoe is expensive. What if I keep it and say you never gave"

Now, what do you say?

And yes, just for this words, I did NOT give even what I initially thought I should give.
Old 13th May 2011, 14:37   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is it india shining.?,I made an online Complaint, the resturant owner is on his k

Quote:
This is cheating.

Maybe you guys from around there make them realize that their cheating is being noticed.
I am planning to start a discussion thread in my apartment portal. I do not see any point in talking to them alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
+1. Everyone go unnotice [even knowingly] and this will never stop.

OT: Last weekend I went to Mysore palace.

I see many people giving money for the person who stores the footwear. Eventhough the place to store your footwear is free, he asked for money. When I asked him why we should, He says

"Because your shoe is expensive. What if I keep it and say you never gave"

Now, what do you say?

And yes, just for this words, I did NOT give even what I initially thought I should give.
That's bad. Everything is corrupted now.

Mahesh, no news. We should meet or go for a ride sometime.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 13th May 2011 at 14:43.
Old 13th May 2011, 14:56   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Knowing we live in a country where people die of hunger, though I found this disturbing, I did not say anything to the kids, just gave them a stare of disapproval. Even though they stopped, it sorta dawned on me that this generation doesnt live by the values we do... And while I celebrate the concept of independence, freedom and free will, I just wish we dont Americanise that soon...
Unfortunately, like it or not, we are rapidly on that route. It's just that things have become so much more accessible now from our times, where a can of pepsi was considered a "HEP" thing.
The kids nowadays cannot acknowledge the luxuries they have purely because it's easily available & it's common within most households (e.g air conditioning, home-theater systems, LCD tv's, luxury cars, branded clothing, eatables).
Even our own conservative mentality has changed to an extent. I remember my father using the same car for 10yrs+ without any issues, today the trend is to change the car every 5yrs, or maybe less even. And what drives us to this behavior?......well, it's excessive cash flow (disposable income). This disposable income has cropped up a whole lot more issues if you think of it.

Last edited by mb_jg : 13th May 2011 at 14:58.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:05   #79
BANNED

@PatienceWins: Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you have the barcode sticker of the peanuts pack? You can take pictures of it and forward hem around through the yahoo group.

Last edited by Spitfire : 13th May 2011 at 15:20.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:08   #80
BHPian

Quote:
@PatienceWins: Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you have the barcode sticker of the peanuts pack? You can take pictures of it and forward hem around through the yahoo group.

Though I see more positives in this then negative.

About kids and luxuries, its purely upbringing. Don't blame them.
Who is blaming the kids? I am just talking about differences. So don't mis-quote anyone if you do not understand the context of what's being said.

Last edited by mb_jg : 13th May 2011 at 15:11.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@PatienceWins: Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you have the barcode sticker of the peanuts pack?
No, it got damaged when I was removing it. I think I can give it a try by buying another pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Unfortunately, like it or not, we are rapidly on that route. It's just that things have become so much more accessible now from our times, where a can of pepsi was considered a "HEP" thing.
The kids nowadays cannot acknowledge the luxuries they have purely because it's easily available & it's common within most households (e.g air conditioning, home-theater systems, LCD tv's, luxury cars, branded clothing, eatables).
Even our own conservative mentality has changed to an extent. I remember my father using the same car for 10yrs+ without any issues, today the trend is to change the car every 5yrs, or maybe less even. And what drives us to this behavior?......well, it's excessive cash flow (disposable income). This disposable income has cropped up a whole lot more issues if you think of it.

I am trying to make my kids see the other side of life (poverty experienced by millions). I hope they will realize the value of basic needs (food, clothing etc).

Last edited by PatienceWins : 13th May 2011 at 15:21.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:24   #82
BHPian

I am trying to make my kids see the other side of life (poverty experienced by millions). I hope they will realize the value of basic needs (food, clothing etc).[/quote]

This is off-topic! But, look at the change in values over the years. I have seen friends frown & get frustrated over not being able to afford Johnnie Walker as their weekend drink, or not being able to own the top-end version of a particular car. I've overheard kids complaint about not having the latest fashion trends, watches, gadgets, etc. I honestly find it sad & funny at the same time.
IMO, disposable income is one of the many reasons for rise in corruption.
Old 14th July 2011, 17:48   #83
BANNED

Got into another big store to buy some stuff.

On one item. There were two price tags - one theirs the other printed MRP on the box.

Value of the object - Rs 180 MRP and Rs 190 barcode of the store.

Like always I ask questions much to the chagrin of my wife.

I asked the guy at the checkout counter why is it so. He said not sure.

I replied its a fraud and punishable offense. He agreed. Called someone over the walkie talkie. A shuffling of feet and I was herded to a room. Made to sit down and first they confirmed I was no official. Stress levels down. They assured me they will fix it.

Gave me a discount of Rs 20 on the item. I put that in notes in their charity box. Gave a wry smile and left.

But from the moment they came to me and took me to a room they were dumping bricks.

We need to be more vigilant.
Old 14th July 2011, 18:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

^^Is this village in marathalli? I do not buy anything from that shop since they engage in such unethical practices.
Old 14th July 2011, 18:28   #85
BHPian

Re: The Village Superstore @ Marathahalli, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I dunno why chinese are doing this, but its surprising.
My conspiracy theory, but quite probable knowing the Chinese:: They sell at cost price or loss, but the enconomy of the importer gradually cripples as pricing of products totally goes haywire. The Chinese are known for artifically low pricing to destabilize domestic manufacturing / economy.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:15   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Is this village in marathalli? I do not buy anything from that shop since they engage in such unethical practices.
No this store is not Village. But yes they are big cheats, I had hauled them up for this. I have mentioned it somewhere earlier on this thread itself.

But this one too is in Marathahalli. I wont name it because they were quite genuine in their statement that they will set it right.

It was not so with village. Even after being told they are cheating they didn't bother.
Old 15th July 2011, 21:44   #87
BHPian

Hey guys did you notice that the link www.corecentre.org no longer works?
I guess it has been CORRUPTED!!

Now it is called Consumer Online Resource & Empowerment Centre

Last edited by noidea : 15th July 2011 at 21:50.
Old 16th July 2011, 20:37   #88
BHPian

Here is a website for the India Shining Campaign The Ugly Indian

It is often extended beyond India also. Streets in Indian-dominated suburbs overseas
are good indicators of this lack of civic sense. Ask those who have visited Southall (London), Edison (New Jersey) and Little India (Singapore). Who is the culprit in this? Is it the system or the so called educated people considered to be the High Net-worth Individuals
Old 10th July 2014, 23:16   #89
BHPian

Bringing up an old thread.
Felt everybody should know about this.

This is the new link:

http://www.core.nic.in/

If you have any grievance against any Brand, Product or Services you can register with them for Redressal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks