Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2006, 19:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

First of all I pulled out the t-bhp stickers from my cars.
And now the mods can delete the last two post including mine coz the discussion is going off topic.IF you have any suggestions post them here and if you want to criticize,there is another thread just for you.

binz
Old 14th August 2006, 19:47   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
Night driving is that much more tricky; wouldn't recommend it for inexperienced drivers. At least initially, he is better off driving during day-time on empty ..
rks, from what I have been reading on this thread, it looks like binz isn't that in-experienced.

binz, while you arent 18 yet, you should still learn the craft as and when you can - only, not on public roads for the next 3 years. It would be natural if you feel hurt by the general opinion to wait till you are 18. But till then, Make use of all other opportunities like karts, track days etc. Learn about the machine. Read up, understand. Remember, driving is an art that nobody is perfect in. Observing, learning and understanding will give you maturity that you will appreciate with time. And when you are 18, you will be far ahead than many, many others ..
Old 14th August 2006, 19:56   #18
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
rks, from what I have been reading on this thread, it looks like binz isn't that in-experienced. [...]
I realize that. But till he is 18 he should never drive without an experienced driver present in the car and drive only on empty roads. The experienced driver will determine when and where he can drive safely without getting into accidents and without getting caught by the cops. Many, many parents have lost sons who were left unsupervised on the main road while under-aged and/or inexperienced. The kid may consider himself a shot-gun driver, but at 15 he is just too young to be left alone.
Old 14th August 2006, 19:58   #19
BHPian

Hey Mr.Binz...Din't like my scooty idea..! Lol..!
Bhai, Its really not in the right way to go against the law, If you remember the brash kids in gurgaon who rammed a security guard..showing Big Daddy's Power...Now I hope you don't belong to that segment of people..!
As suggested either you can go Kart/Drive only on PVT.Roads/Go to open area fields early morning..careful you don;t run over or light up anyone wanting to take a dump early..!
I don't know why you din't like the suggestion on going on Car Servicing and learning more about your machines...Maybe you might get intrested and become an Automobile Engineer..!
Sorry again kiddo..! Can't beat the Law...Face it !
Old 14th August 2006, 20:05   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

rks, I do understand where you are coming from when you say that. There's so much to learn when it comes to driving, and it helps to have an experienced driver by your side to learn and know what to do. I myself have observed ST drivers a lot - from the times we had those 1.5 lane highways without dividers, to try understand how to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
I don't know why you din't like the suggestion on going on Car Servicing and learning more about your machines...
I would really like to do this one - seriously, is there any place that teaches servicing?
Old 14th August 2006, 20:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Hey Mr.Binz...Din't like my scooty idea..! Lol..!
Bhai, Its really not in the right way to go against the law, If you remember the brash kids in gurgaon who rammed a security guard..showing Big Daddy's Power...Now I hope you don't belong to that segment of people..!
As suggested either you can go Kart/Drive only on PVT.Roads/Go to open area fields early morning..careful you don;t run over or light up anyone wanting to take a dump early..!
I don't know why you din't like the suggestion on going on Car Servicing and learning more about your machines...Maybe you might get intrested and become an Automobile Engineer..!
Sorry again kiddo..! Can't beat the Law...Face it !
i do go to the service places to see the full service...especially for kinetics...i spent nearly 20 hours at the garage redoing up the bike.AS for the car still learning...
Old 14th August 2006, 20:37   #22
BHPian

Best thing for you to do would be to drive on private roads. You are always welcome at my factory. We have a mud road going around inside our factory. You can drive all that you want over there.

P.S - I started driving there when I was 4 or 5 years old.

Edit:
Before some starts up let me clarify - I drove ONLY inside my factor compounds.

Last edited by Harrie : 14th August 2006 at 20:41.
Old 15th August 2006, 08:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

There's an article/news on page 3 of The Hindu (Kerala Ed.)
40% of teh guys caught for breaking traffic rules are teens, thts students in uniform , studying Plus 1 and 2. They say that underage are fined Rs.500 and the owner of teh vehicle are fined 1000 Rs. Maybe some underage drive/ride fine, but some are indeed harsh.
Old 15th August 2006, 21:37   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
You can also go circuit racing at 15. So while you need to wait till you are 18 years to drive on public roads, right now, you can race in circuit events at Coimbatore and Chennai.
regarding track events only:
Rtech, i'm not sure insurance would cover an unlicensed driver(?). i'm guessing he'd probably have to purchase racing insurance for an event - but would an underaged/unlicensed driver be able to procure it?

even if someonone is able to obtain such insurance - for whatever reasons(speaking hypothetically), if there is a mishap on the track, and the police / RTO need to be involved - what happens then?
Old 15th August 2006, 22:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Racing insurance would be only third party, if I'm not mistaken. And the law says third party is payable even if the DL held is a fake. There was some landmark case judgement a year ago or something.
Old 15th August 2006, 22:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Racing insurance would be only third party, if I'm not mistaken. And the law says third party is payable even if the DL held is a fake. There was some landmark case judgement a year ago or something.
and regarding loss of life and limbs, I believe the organisers will get some paperwork saying it's sole responsiblity of the individual.

else they would be in trouble.

it's like any adventurous activity.
Old 16th August 2006, 00:38   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
i'm going to turn 17 in a month.
I have been driving since the last couple of years but only in our factory land/building compound though rarely, i would drive a bit outside on empty roads but that was like once or twice only.
I know how you feel dude, i am assuming you want to drive for two reasons -
- your friends do it. Well bro, so do most of my friends, most with fake DLs (some are above 18) but dude, it ain't worth it. Many of my friends have had accidents and could have gotten into loads of trouble but luckily they didn't.
- You love to drive. Well dude, same here. I love cars and love to drive and that's one of the reasons i am part of the forum. The fact is, it isn't worth taking a risk at this stage. An accident could happen anywhere and anytime. It sin't intentional and even the best drivers have met with them.Also since you don't have a license, people will always hold you at fault. Instead, do what i do, look at the way your dad/driver drives and the road conditions/traffic etc he is facing and how he controls the car in traffic. It will seriously help you when you grow up and get a license.

Cheers
Old 16th August 2006, 07:36   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78
i'm guessing he'd probably have to purchase racing insurance for an event - but would an underaged/unlicensed driver be able to procure it?
IIRC, some of our formula racers - the likes of Karun Chandok etc, are not yet 18, and can not drive on public roads. They are racing, and legally. Racing seems to be a sure option for binz.
Old 16th August 2006, 18:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

or u can drive here, since it is not being used anyway. he he he

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...have-look.html
Old 16th August 2006, 20:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hehe...thats a place in UAE.Been there already about 5 times!!Yeah driving there would be fun,but dont ever say that its not being used.

binz
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks