Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whats your priority in mods? - Exterior, Interior or Performance Mods.
Interior Mods (including leather seats, music system etc etc) 24 20.51%
Exterior Mods : (Alloys, wider tyres, skirts, spoilers etc) 29 24.79%
Performance Mods : (Filters, headers, free flow etc) 64 54.70%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2004, 05:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Performance is wot i need from my car.Rest dunt matter to me!

X
Old 10th November 2004, 09:30   #17
Team-BHP Support

Performance first, everything else can wait. No point having a car with all show and no go.

Old 10th November 2004, 09:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

interiors would be first prority for me...a good system,leather seats,and sun/moon roof
then next would be a good set of tyres and alloys
would go in for performance mods only after the warranty period of the car gets over
Old 10th November 2004, 11:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its the same for me too, always the performance first then exterior for me.
Old 10th November 2004, 13:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

For a change, lets forget that I have a zen with skinny tires.
Assuming that I have a bought a decent car .with pretty good power we also assume that it already has a decent set of stock tires.
So with the enxt 20k that I have ,I will be straight away heading to Automech for my free flow,strut brace ,K&N ,plugs and mobil1(syn oil only after 5k kms.) .
Now, when I have a zen .there is not much u can do abt wider than stock tires.so with the 20k that I have I will be fitting a Tachometer,and other above mentioned products.which shud be equal to 20k.as I wud not waste this money on fitting alloys .
I am never a showbaazi walah.that is y most of the times when someone with a larger engined car with biiiig tires tries to act smart with me I just ignore him ,but if it gets too hot then ,its he who is following me ,and this wud not have been possible if I had instead of all the mods gone for set of alloys with wide tires..
Like GTO ,I am more of the wolf in sheeps clothing.
Bach ke rahna.

Speedsatya .
Old 10th November 2004, 13:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]For a change, lets forget that I have a zen with skinny tires.
Assuming that I have a bought a decent car .with pretty good power we also assume that it already has a decent set of stock tires.
So with the enxt 20k that I have ,I will be straight away heading to Automech for my free flow,strut brace ,K&N ,plugs and mobil1(syn oil only after 5k kms.) .
Now, when I have a zen .there is not much u can do abt wider than stock tires.so with the 20k that I have I will be fitting a Tachometer,and other above mentioned products.which shud be equal to 20k.as I wud not waste this money on fitting alloys .
I am never a showbaazi walah.that is y most of the times when someone with a larger engined car with biiiig tires tries to act smart with me I just ignore him ,but if it gets too hot then ,its he who is following me ,and this wud not have been possible if I had instead of all the mods gone for set *of alloys with wide tires..
See, for a Zen, it maynot matter. Maybe the Zen's tyres are more than adequate to handle the kind of power that reaches the wheels and can do with some more power too. So for you, engine mod might be the sollution unless, you want you car to handle well too.

I'm talking about bigger, powerful cars like the Vtec. Try launching one and you'll find that wheel spin is just not cureable with stock tyres. It's a headache trying to keep those spins under check.

And it doesn't end in first gear. Everytime i quick shift to 2nd or 3rd, it always chirps the tyres, without fail. That shows that the tyres aren't producing enuf useable grip.

So, my best option would be to upgrade to broader but lighter tyres first, and then go for engine mods. i'm sure a 10mm width upgrade on a Vtec will give you atleast .3 to .4 of a sec gain in your 0-100. *

Another reason why AWD cars are quicker off the mark.

Shan2nu

Old 10th November 2004, 13:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Nov. 10 2004,11:13)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]For a change, lets forget that I have a zen with skinny tires.
I am never a showbaazi walah.that is y most of the times when someone with a larger engined car with biiiig tires tries to act smart with me I just ignore him ,but if it gets too hot then ,its he who is following me ,and this wud not have been possible if I had instead of all the mods gone for set *of alloys with wide tires..
See, for a Zen, it maynot matter. I'm talking about bigger, powerful cars like the Vtec. Try launching one and you'll find that wheel spin is just not cureable with stock tyres. It's a headache trying to keep those spins under check.

So, my best option would be to upgrade to broader but lighter tyres first, and then go for engine mods. i'm sure a 10mm width upgrade on a Vtec will give you atleast .3 to .4 of a sec gain in your 0-100. *

Another reason why AWD cars are quicker off the mark.

Shan2nu
hey shan ,
that is wat i am trying to say.but if the stock tire as already 175 or 185mm then i wud always go for the performance mods first and then maybe go for wider tires.

satya
Old 10th November 2004, 14:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]hey shan ,
that is wat i am trying to say.but if the stock tire as already 175 or 185mm then i wud always go for the performance mods first and then maybe go for wider tires.
Yup, for a car like the Lancer SFXI or the Accent Tornado. Tyre upgrade would be a waste of time. I really pitty guys with less powerful cars who fit 185-195 tyres on them. You can kiss acceleration good bye, though they produce more lateral grip, all grip and no power will still make a car slower around a track.

What "Turboindia" has done to his City is exactly what i'm talking about. He might have 205 tyres (which would tax any stock Vtec engine) but, since his car is TC'd, it's able to deliver that much extra torque and power to the wheels.

But having said all this, it is still possible to make bigger tyres improve acceleration, the sollution is to use a "wheel-tyre" combo that's very light, compared to the ones they replace. *

Shan2nu

Old 10th November 2004, 14:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Nov. 10 2004,11:34)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]hey shan ,
Yup, for a car like the Lancer SFXI or the Accent Tornado. Tyre upgrade would be a waste of time. I really pitty guys with less powerful cars who fit 185-195 tyres on them. You can kiss acceleration good bye, though they produce more lateral grip, all grip and no power will still make a car slower around a track.

What "Turboindia" has done to his City is exactly what i'm talking about. He might have 205 tyres (which would tax any stock Vtec engine) but, since his car is TC'd, it's able to deliver that much extra torque and power to the wheels.

Shan2nu
Old 11th November 2004, 00:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Performance mods for me anyday....
Old 19th November 2004, 15:37   #26
BHPian

If i want to mOD my car then , i will mod performance part only ....... No fashion accessories for my car
Old 6th September 2005, 12:16   #27
BHPian

performance mods for me
Old 6th September 2005, 12:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

performance mods is where i want to put my money...dont need leather seats or a audio system.
Old 6th September 2005, 13:00   #29
BHPian

performance mods anytime the looks dont matter to me. People should see my car as a very ordinary car from the point of looks but what do they know what the hell is inside
Old 6th September 2005, 18:28   #30
BHPian

Well...its going to be tough for me...even though I wanted to vote for the last two...I had only one choice and that was of Performance...do all these freaks on roads upgrade their performance, nope...they just change the exteriors and make the car sound like a Performance car...that ain't a good sign.:(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks